Fisher: Butts Park Arena is our preffered option (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, NorthernWisdom called it in another thread and it could well be they are playing the "we were pushed out" game so when they say its a mile or 2 outside the city people arent so angry.

again though, it is wishful thinking there actually IS any other site more than somebody looking on google maps for open spaces :(

Evo1883

I have almost had enough of all this to be honest .
I just want a football club not ran by total wankers that care for the fans and the community .
Sisu are out of their depth and need to actually make concrete plans for OUR future , so that fans can rest easy , if not just piss off because you are fighting a LOSING battle with CCC .
For once we just want to talk football instead of politics , fucking jokers .
Put up or shut up

AFCCOVENTRY

If we forget about stadium location for a second...

For me we need a stadium that holds our current fanbase and is flexible enough to be expanded when needed. My concern with the Butts is the capacity now and in the future.

Now we also have an issue where the academy will potentially have no home. So we need our own academy that we run and not lease.

I rarely agree with Fisher or Sisu but the idea of a stadium, academy and training facilities on one site is very appealing.

SkyBlueSid

Fisher must be barking mad if he seriously thinks BPA is a viable option. It has little potential, certainly not a Championship level stadium, and in truth is no better than non-league because of access. If we moved there, that's likely where we would end up.

mattylad

See you can't make this stuff up...its just the same pattern repeated time and time again... we want to stay, or leave or build a new stadium or keep the academy where it is, or move it......what a clear and specific business plan they have...other than the part about financing it that is conveniently left blank.

Evo1883

The sooner these clowns up and go the better .
Somebody will come and pick up the pieces I'm sure of that .
Nobody is going to pay for a club that has no assets , they are just absolute twats that have bit off more than they can chew .
Some of the worst owners in British football

RegTheDonk

Why do they have to roll Tim Fisher out?
Was thinking the same. Let Herman handle the PR, Fisher has already alienated too many fans. Trouble is, its the same line he's been peddling for years about having something outside the councils influence....you know, the same bluff and bollocks that has contributed to pissing everyone off and putting a barrier between any hopes of a settlement that would see is at the Ricoh on half decent terms.

Garlic will be next on the scene, tape measure in hand.

rupert_bear

I can't see a cat in hells chance of pro football in a 15000+ BPA stadium happening just go and look at it there is hardly any pedestrian access for a start. Moving to the Butts perhaps could have happened a few years back but there's a retirement village right next door now, apartments there are over a 100k each how many of them will they sell with the prospect of football fans trundling up every other Saturday. As for Tim Fishers comments, who woke him up ? Easy To say you want something when there's no chance of getting it.

Astute

Fisher must be barking mad if he seriously thinks BPA is a viable option. It has little potential, certainly not a Championship level stadium, and in truth is no better than non-league because of access. If we moved there, that's likely where we would end up.
Cheapest option rent the Ricoh. This means trying to put a deal together with Wasps. Now they are putting obstacles in the way of negotiations.

Next cheapest Butts. There would be problems getting the planning permission even if CCC wanted to help.

Expensive option build what we need and outside Coventry. Can't see it happening.

So Butts or negotiate.

albatross

FFS Mr Fisher what is the plan?

A) Preferred choice a ground that does not exist, is too small and will be beset by planning and access difficulties? This will cost Lots!!
b) A backup site out of town? This will cost lots!!

or the possible long term deal at the Ricoh that is second choice? is real Purpose built and can cater for increased support! This will cost but not as much as A&B

CA do the maths please and show him! to me there is only on serious contender

The Reverend Skyblue

Surely an out of town site working with another council is a very good option, prefer the butts myself but what council would not want 350,000 people coming into their borough every ten months spending their money.
Oh I forgot we do have one council who doesn't want this.

AFCCOVENTRY

Apparently nothing can be done on match day
Surely an out of town site working with another council is a very good option, prefer the butts myself but what council would not want 350,000 people coming into their borough every ten months spending their money.

Exactly...this council along with Wasps means we have no hope in the city anymore.

Kingokings204

Why does he say and I quote

"We have two years left at the Ricoh and can extend if we need to."

How exactly?

Otis

But then that also produces the wish of the 'Rugby City' scenario. Coventry will have a foreign rugby team in prominence and the football club will be out of the city.

I absolutely hate and detest the idea of London Wasps at the Ricoh IN Coventry and Coventry City, a club FROM Coventry being OUT of the city.

colin101

Coventry City chairman Tim Fisher has told supporters the club has identified a site outside Coventry for a possible new stadium and Academy base.

Mr Fisher stressed the option was only a back-up and that club officials preferred a potential ground share with Coventry Rugby Club at Butts Park Arena when he made the revelation during a Supporters’ Consultative Group meeting last week.

He also said the club still retained hope that a long term deal could be agreed at the Ricoh Arena.

So it Mr Fisher now I think I understand.

What we want is the preferred option to ground share at the Butts whilst at the same time having a long term deal at the Ricoh.

Have I now got this right?

AFCCOVENTRY

Coventry City chairman Tim Fisher has told supporters the club has identified a site outside Coventry for a possible new stadium and Academy base.

Mr Fisher stressed the option was only a back-up and that club officials preferred a potential ground share with Coventry Rugby Club at Butts Park Arena when he made the revelation during a Supporters’ Consultative Group meeting last week.

He also said the club still retained hope that a long term deal could be agreed at the Ricoh Arena.

So it Mr Fisher now I think I understand.

What we want is the preferred option to ground share at the Butts whilst at the same time having a long term deal at the Ricoh.

Have I now got this right?

Makes sense doesn't it...looks like 2 preffered options? Lol

Covstu

For me this sound bite is a prelude to 'as we said the butts deal was the one we wanted but it's just not big enough for what we need and therefore this is no longer an option, only only option is the site 15 miles outside of coventry'

Or words to that affect in about 9 months time

Captain Dart

Muddy muddy muddy..

covcity4life

But then that also produces the wish of the 'Rugby City' scenario. Coventry will have a foreign rugby team in prominence and the football club will be out of the city.

I absolutely hate and detest the idea of London Wasps at the Ricoh IN Coventry and Coventry City, a club FROM Coventry being OUT of the city.

says it all

WHAT A FUCKED UP SITUATION

not going to ground outside of cov. rent at ricoh be ok if we can improve some of the 17 points CA talked about

BPA be cool if it could get to 20k at least

Nick

Administrator
CCFC Seem to be trying to fight the massive PR Fire fight with this:

giphy.gif

ccfcway

CCFC Seem to be trying to fight the massive PR Fire fight with this:

giphy.gif

we currently only get 15% of the water that comes out of that, and we really need all of it to survive, therefore, we are looking to buy a beaker which holds all of the water to enable us to compete, but we cant find one in Ikea in Coventry, so we may need to go outside of the city to buy one

skybluegod

Wait so TF is being attacked for actually having a back-up plan? Now I don't like the guy, but if he had come out and said, "Butts is the only option" and then negotiaions failed, then he would be attacked too...
The Ricoh is not viable- it is not an option to stay- 15% of matchday revenue that't taking the piss and is non-negotiable.
Outside the city option- yes the Butts may just be a smokescreen for us justifying the move out of the city, but the fact that there have been negotiations suggests there is actually legs in this deal.
Also I believe this information came from the minutes of the last SCG minutes, if you look at Armybikes thread from yesterday this is all mentioned: http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...eeting-minutes-Wednesday-25th-may-2016.65572/

While there have been many problems in the past, TF and CA seem to be very honest about that they want, and have been clear: Butts is the preferred option, but at a very early stage in development, and they wish to extend the lease at the Higgs. They have also planned an alternative should both of these options fall through, what is the problem?

Last edited:

Kingokings204

There is only one option and that's the stay at the Ricoh.

BPA isn't and won't happen due to many flaws. Never say never I.e Northampton. But we can all agree very unlikely.

House the academy and stadium together is great but outside of Coventry is not what fisher wants. He has just said that. Sisu will never build a stadium. Ever. They had the chance 3 years ago and all we got was a nice 3D graphic.

So what is he saying? He is saying IMO we need help. We need help to stay at the Ricoh. He wants to stay there you can tell. And why wouldn't he? A previous poster said it. It's built and can accommodate big gates and don't laugh a promotion.

Time will tell

skybluegod

There is only one option and that's the stay at the Ricoh.

BPA isn't and won't happen due to many flaws. Never say never I.e Northampton. But we can all agree very unlikely.

House the academy and stadium together is great but outside of Coventry is not what fisher wants. He has just said that. Sisu will never build a stadium. Ever. They had the chance 3 years ago and all we got was a nice 3D graphic.

So what is he saying? He is saying IMO we need help. We need help to stay at the Ricoh. He wants to stay there you can tell. And why wouldn't he? A previous poster said it. It's built and can accommodate big gates and don't laugh a promotion.

Time will tell
Yet the Ricoh isn't possible. We cannot get more Revenue than we already are, CA has said while Wasps are accommodating they cannot give us anymore than they already do.

covcity4life

thing is even if we sign a ricoh rent deal there is still no way to keep academy cat 2 status? 3 hours in evening isnt enough is it?

Users who are viewing this thread