Fisher On CWR after 8 This Morning (1 Viewer)

Macca

bore off the lot of them, stick me in a time machine when it was all about football

torchomatic

True, Godiva. However, with the seriousness of the situation, I'm surprised - and disappointed - that CWR haven't tried to arrange something or to put by one hour of airtime - without interruptions from Nina Traffic - to have Fisher and/or PWKH on and to be given time to explain the whys and wherefores of what is going on. The Telegraph is finally starting to "get it", I wish CWR would too. Maybe we should tweet, text and email them asking for such a forum?

Nick

Administrator
I wish places like this had the sort of authority to arrange it. It wouldn't be too hard to stream a live web chat online for everybody.

covcity4life

i believe fisher on one thing, sisu are in this for long haul

ACL and c**t council are adamant they wont deal with sisu so TF and co need to look elsewhere

mutton is already downplaying giving 50% ACL to chinese investers ffs, they do not want CCFC to flourish!

if only TF could confirm that stadium would be in a good location

ajsccfc

We have a letter saying there will never be a commercial deal for football club or SISU. ACL are upholding their view that they will only deal with administrator

Right. Yesterday they put up a letter from the Gillingham chairman backing them, so let's see this one if it exists.

Buster

True, Godiva. However, with the seriousness of the situation, I'm surprised - and disappointed - that CWR haven't tried to arrange something or to put by one hour of airtime - without interruptions from Nina Traffic - to have Fisher and/or PWKH on and to be given time to explain the whys and wherefores of what is going on. The Telegraph is finally starting to "get it", I wish CWR would too. Maybe we should tweet, text and email them asking for such a forum?

A head to head debate that would solve nothing ! Deep down i think we all realise sisu must go , the question is what will be left when theve gone

Tank Top

Shane "A lot of people are saying they want SISU out. How do you react"

TF "I still have a job to do, and SISU own the club. People can say what they like, but it wont make any difference"
Well here it is, in clear coherent Print, sisu own the club, and don't Give a toss what the fans or anyone else thinks.

Danceswithhorses

Shane "A lot of people are saying they want SISU out. How do you react"

TF "I still have a job to do, and SISU own the club. People can say what they like, but it wont make any difference"

Really Tim...are you sure CCFC Ltd is not in administration ?

Manchester_sky_blue

Well here it is, in clear coherent Print, sisu own the club, and don't Give a toss what the fans or anyone else thinks.

This just adds to my feeling that SISU are somehow making money out of the club by some means other than the footballing side. Even the most inept owners would surely realise that they need to try and keep the fans at least a little bit onside if they are to go ahead with ground sharing and then building a new stadium but they keep coming out with statement that will only incense the fans further. It seems clear to me that they only need the club to stay in existence, not to actually succeed. Wish i knew what the reason was.

kingharvest

This is one of the big things for me. The original location of the golden share is a red herring in a way, holdings believe they are the club, ACL and the council believe CCFC ltd are the club, and technically, until the league awards the licence to play to someone nobody is the club!

That's why ACL keep saying they'll talk to Coventry city, because in their opinion, Coventry city are CCFC ltd, so actually they won't talk to holdings or fisher.

Now if someone else buys CCFC ltd, not sisu, the league are goin to have a big decision to make regarding the license to play in the league.

But how many of us truly believe Appleton will do anything other than sell to SISU?

jas365

I e-mailed Shane O'Connor again this morning asking him to ask Fisher about the turnover levels and wages in Ltd and this issue of the principal activity of each company but as before he dosen't seem to want to ask the question.

skybluepm2

The bloke is a complete nutjob. How can they actually be so deluded? This man needs to take his enormous head from out of his enormous backside and face up to reality.

How can the football club not be for sale?

How would owning their own stadium be commercially viable when

a) the circa £30m construction costs are far in excess of the rent being paid at the Ricoh arena
b) 3 years with next to no income from playing at Walsall or equivalent
c) the number of fans alienated now let alone in 3 years after a ground share when we could well be in a league or 2 lower than we are now

There is no commitment from SISU, time and time again try have apologised but to no avail. Nothing has changed, the situation has declined and rapidly so over the past 2 years. Cast your minds back to relegation when Fish came out with his gobbledegook about the 'bounce back budget' blah blah blah.

Very good interview by Shane O'Connor. Put him on the spot on more than one occasion, none more so than questioning whether or not he had gone back on his statement regarding the bricks, memorial garden and statue....'oh did I? For that i apologise'. Never thought id hear him say those words.

The Highfield Road debate, again shifting the blame elsewhere. They knew what they were taking on the moment they stepped in the door, pinched the fans shares and told a pack of lies about how they were going to make the future all rosey!

When informed about the fans asking for him to resign and for SISU to go, did I hear correctly that he basically said what we (the fans) say makes no difference an that he is in charge.

You quite literally couldn't make this up. I'm becoming so disillusioned with this whole sorry tale. The Administrator is doing us no favours either. The 2 occasions eve has had the opportunity to, he has either bottled it or stalled on favour of SISU.

Tim was seemingly too busy yesterday with Pressley identifying the players he wants. Well let me tell you tht wouldn't have taken very long at all..just look in the Development/youth squad. Next season is going to be a carbon copy of 2011/12 only in a lower league with a skinnier trampier hairier version of Andy Thorn.

skybluepm2

True - he wasn't asked about that.

He also didn't answer the 'we won't ever ever ever play at the Ricoh' question..instead insisting that ACL wouldn't deal with him or SISU. This perhaps means that common sense has eventually prevailed and the administrator has intervened!

SkyblueBazza

Seemed to me he would talk to ACL..... But also claimed he felt 'the doors weren't open for him' .......

That was something I noted too. That was a different tone today compared to last time regarding talking to ACL. They have made it clear they will only talk with the administrator apparently. That & the Memorial Garden, Bricks & Statue areas he's sought to "clarify" & "apologise" about.

SkyblueBazza

That isn't what he said. He did say that people can say what they like - it won't make any difference, but already it has given comments about the Memorial Garden, Statue & Bricks...PLUS the Ricoh negotiation stance...it's softened.

wingy

Bizaree interview.

For me, it all hinged around..

"with a New stadium which you own, there is a net asset value with all businesses surrounding the stadium which creates value. SISU are in this for the long haul"

This was Plan A, to get the Ricoh and develop it, tis went wrong, so toys are out the pram and they are looking to move the "development".

Still dont get why they need the Football Club.

The same reason the RICOH Does/Did only a more successful one as hovering at the margins of Survival will not attract the level of Sponsorship and event based income he's looking for.

James Smith

How can SISU not see that coming out with statements like this only further alienates the fans? If they truly are in it for the long haul as they claim why are they not trying to build bridges?
because they'd rather build stadiums than bridges!:facepalm:

Sub

counciler Anne Lucas on the radio talking about CCFC
She loves the sky blues as a fan, as a counciler, subject of a court review, not aloud to make any comment because of court case.

Last edited:

James Smith

There must be a way in which they are generating cash from the club, there has to be because otherwise it makes no sense. Hedge funds are about investing in a promising business, developing it and selling on for a profit, all in the relative short term. Owning a football club makes no sense for their kind of operation and now going down the route of building their own stadium etc makes even less sense. It's too risky with no guaranteed returns and if they get it wrong then there is public outcry. None of it stacks up unless they are somehow using the club as a front for something else.

Why else would they be so desperate to hold on to us? We all know that the £60 million debt is a massively inflated figure and the real investment, if you can call it that, is much lower. If they let Ltd go to a new owner then they could sell the assets of holdings to the buyer. They wouldn't get back what they have put in but it would mitigate their losses and give them a clean break. Any sane business person would see that this is the time to cut your losses and get out with what you can so there must be some ulterior motive involved.
Or even gambler unless they're addicted. :whistle:

James Smith

i believe fisher on one thing, sisu are in this for long haul

ACL and c**t council are adamant they wont deal with sisu so TF and co need to look elsewhere

mutton is already downplaying giving 50% ACL to chinese investers ffs, they do not want CCFC to flourish!

if only TF could confirm that stadium would be in a good location
I thought the ACL position was that they have a lease agreed with LTD not Holdings, LTD is in Administration (+had the Golden Share) and therefore they could only deal with the current custodian of the lease which was the administrator. This might be to prevent current the lease agreement from being broken, I don't know on this last point though.

Last edited:

wingy

I thought the ACL position was that they have a lease agreed with LTD not Holdings, LTD is in Administration (+has the Golden Share) and therefore they could only deal with the current custodian of the lease which was the administrator. This might be to prevent current the lease agreement from being broken, I don't know on this last point though.

I think this is what he and everyone else need to recognise until the Admin is resolved appleton is the guy with the remit to negotiate where we play next season ,I also think this is going to run on now and we could start the season under Embargo.:(

Edit ;Sorry Admin which would include embargo.

Last edited:

James Smith

Before most people are up??? Don't you mean people will be at work, that's why the protest yesterday was short of number!!!
I'm doing a 6 day week so there is no chance that I can get to any of the protests, very annoying!

Voice_of_Reason

Did you hear what Fishook said ? That it doesn't matter what the fans think and want ! Is he for real ? What arrogance and stupidity.

NorthernWisdom

I think this is what he and everyone else need to recognise until the Admin is resolved appleton is the guy with the remit to negotiate where we play next season

They've been more than happy to talk to other people who have nothing to do with the club, to discuss potential arrangements if they take over.

Given SISU undoubtedly own part of the club in some form, it seems surprising they refuse the same. That's no more constructive to a resolution than anything else.

Noggin

They've been more than happy to talk to other people who have nothing to do with the club, to discuss potential arrangements if they take over.

Given SISU undoubtedly own part of the club in some form, it seems surprising they refuse the same. That's no more constructive to a resolution than anything else.

Not constructive but completely understandable, if you spent a year negotiating only to find out you were the only people actually negotiating and the other party was just stalling for time so they could distress you, surely you wouldn't then be open to negotiate again. Especially as if sisu take back limited there is already a lease in place

Houdi

Whether Fisher/SISU own or control the club is still open to debate,and Fisher continues to argue they still control the club.However there is one thing that even Fisher can't possibly deny is that they don't and never will , own/control the fans,the very lifeblood of any club.If the vast majority of fans remains totally resolute in their refusal to go to Walsall or wherever,then SISU will be starved of any income.No commercial business can survive very long without any customers.Ultimately SISU's continiung ownership of the club,if the administraors sells CCFC Ltd back to SISU,will rest on how many fans carry on going to the new temporary ground.

John_Silletts_Nose

There must be a way in which they are generating cash from the club, there has to be because otherwise it makes no sense. Hedge funds are about investing in a promising business, developing it and selling on for a profit, all in the relative short term. Owning a football club makes no sense for their kind of operation and now going down the route of building their own stadium etc makes even less sense. It's too risky with no guaranteed returns and if they get it wrong then there is public outcry. None of it stacks up unless they are somehow using the club as a front for something else.

Why else would they be so desperate to hold on to us? We all know that the £60 million debt is a massively inflated figure and the real investment, if you can call it that, is much lower. If they let Ltd go to a new owner then they could sell the assets of holdings to the buyer. They wouldn't get back what they have put in but it would mitigate their losses and give them a clean break. Any sane business person would see that this is the time to cut your losses and get out with what you can so there must be some ulterior motive involved.

MSB I agree with your comments and have been saying the same for some time. There must be some reason financially to keep City as SISU Capital are not stupid people, they are only here to make money for themselves (and investors), this is not the modus operandi which they and other hedgefunds would employ. Why put up with the abuse if not for more money.

wingy

Whether Fisher/SISU own or control the club is still open to debate,and Fisher continues to argue they still control the club.However there is one thing that even Fisher can't possibly deny is that they don't and never will , own/control the fans,the very lifeblood of any club.If the vast majority of fans remains totally resolute in their refusal to go to Walsall or wherever,then SISU will be starved of any income.No commercial business can survive very long without any customers.Ultimately SISU's continiung ownership of the club,if the administraors sells CCFC Ltd back to SISU,will rest on how many fans carry on going to the new temporary ground.

It will be a race to the bottom ,to mittigate any positive outlay it would require them to make.
Its utterly Ilogical and Economically flawed,this is'nt their normal Modus Operandi ,something other than football going on here.

Ashdown1

I'd managed to keep off SBT and other CCFC forums for the last 13 days or so. It was getting too depressing watching the supporters argue amongst themselves and the whole mess dragging on and no nearer to a resolution. I look in today to see that if anything its got worse and more complicated. The club in the meantime approaches the abyss as time rolls on.

I maintain my position, SISU OUT or nothing for me now and have already made many plans for my forthcoming Saturdays in the Autumn. I'm gutted but feel I have to make provision for no one else being allowed to make a realistic bid for the club. It appears that SISU are trying to drive all others off by muddying the waters and setting deadlines !

It's took a hedge fund just 6 years to completely trash a community asset established in 1883, I hope they are proud of themselves !

Sky Blue Pete

I'd managed to keep off SBT and other CCFC forums for the last 13 days or so. It was getting too depressing watching the supporters argue amongst themselves and the whole mess dragging on and no nearer to a resolution. I look in today to see that if anything its got worse and more complicated. The club in the meantime approaches the abyss as time rolls on.

I maintain my position, SISU OUT or nothing for me now and have already made many plans for my forthcoming Saturdays in the Autumn. I'm gutted but feel I have to make provision for no one else being allowed to make a realistic bid for the club. It appears that SISU are trying to drive all others off by muddying the waters and setting deadlines !

It's took a hedge fund just 6 years to completely trash a community asset established in 1883, I hope they are proud of themselves !
Yep, what he said. Thank yiu

Users who are viewing this thread