Fisher telephone call. (2 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

Dunno. But we've signed a few half decent players and Mowbray mentioned it's not dropped from last season so I'm having a guess.
Even if it is shite and the lowest in the league, my point stands. They can and will cut it.
Not arguing on the point they could cut wage bill, probebly will if we are religated:(
Just that people keep on coming out with we have one of the best budgets.
Yet no one knows...
I'll have a guess too I think it will be in the lower end for this league

Nick

Administrator
Not arguing on the point they could cut wage bill, probebly will if we are religated:(
Yet no one knows...

Who is saying we have one of the best?

Christ it would break some people's hearts on here if it wasn't bottom 3.

hill83

Yet no one knows...

Meet you in the middle. Half decent X lower end = still don't know.

Captain Dart

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/a_conversation_with_tim_fisher_896099/index.shtml

CNS Sport have received the following and are running it so that Coventry City supporters can make up their own minds.

"After emailing Tim Fisher, he phoned me and spent a long time talking over several issues.

He admitted communication with fans had been rubbish, and that he would put that right. We might not like what he has to say, he said , but it would be the TRUTH

I asked about long term agreement to stay at Ricoh, he said why do we need that when we have a short term rollover contract. Totally dismissed rumours that Wasps didn’t want us there after this season.

Butts Arena , plans still in place for potential move.

Training ground would not be sold until they have moved to another site.

Boycotting of games etc. This would only harm CCFC , kill it in his words, and have no effect on SISU. The owners give us a budget , it is then up to the club to generate any extra funds.

I asked if SISU were in financial trouble , he said NO definitely not.

Takeovers , he said he had heard rumours that a German takeover was in the offering , this completely untrue , and that no offers were on the table and never have been during his time at the club."

stupot07

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/a_conversation_with_tim_fisher_896099/index.shtml

CNS Sport have received the following and are running it so that Coventry City supporters can make up their own minds.

"After emailing Tim Fisher, he phoned me and spent a long time talking over several issues.

He admitted communication with fans had been rubbish, and that he would put that right. We might not like what he has to say, he said , but it would be the TRUTH

I asked about long term agreement to stay at Ricoh, he said why do we need that when we have a short term rollover contract. Totally dismissed rumours that Wasps didn’t want us there after this season.

Butts Arena , plans still in place for potential move.

Training ground would not be sold until they have moved to another site.

Boycotting of games etc. This would only harm CCFC , kill it in his words, and have no effect on SISU. The owners give us a budget , it is then up to the club to generate any extra funds.

I asked if SISU were in financial trouble , he said NO definitely not.

Takeovers , he said he had heard rumours that a German takeover was in the offering , this completely untrue , and that no offers were on the table and never have been during his time at the club."
This sounds more plausible than the Ops list.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

Talks cheap, hardly going to say opposite is he. As for boycotting games that's happening naturally with state of club etc, five and a half thousand season tickets out of 8000 including 500 away fans doesn't leave a lot does it.

Last edited:

rupert_bear

And as for the club generating any extra funds needed over and above the budget for extras didn't see too much of the James Maddison money generated to the club did we.

Nick

Administrator
And as for the club generating any extra funds needed over and above the budget for extras didn't see too much of the James Maddison money generated to the club did we.

Has it left the club?

There is more to a football club than just players wage budget isn't there?

People will have a melt down if he confirms the club needs to run it's self, which we have known for months. Imagine the number of telegraph articles going mental.

rupert_bear

Has it left the club?

There is more to a football club than just players wage budget isn't there?

People will have a melt down if he confirms the club needs to run it's self, which we have known for months. Imagine the number of telegraph articles going mental.
Yes I believe it has, I also believe sisu have no interest in funding a promotion winning team,

rupert_bear

I don't know, who does ? We don't even know the fee anything from 2 to 7 million apparently, but we all know a fraction of that would have been enough to broker a challenging team, but as I have said sisu don't want that.

Nick

Administrator
Where has 7 million come from? It is getting like Michael Doyle's weekly wage, this time next year it will be £15m.

rupert_bear

I said if you can read anything from 2 to 7 mill numbers that have been quoted plenty of times I think it is probably nearer the 2 than the 7 but still enough to up the player budget a bit, if not tell us why. As said sisu do not want the championship

skybluetony176

Where has 7 million come from? It is getting like Michael Doyle's weekly wage, this time next year it will be £15m.

It won't be anywhere near £7M if only for the reason that our owners don't have enough acumen to achieve it.

You have to admit though it was very convenient it being a last minute deal. Nothing available for transfers but will probably cover losses from the season. Not having the vision to understand that a playoff place might have been enough to breakeven even without promotion and extra investment in extra players. The crowds were growing as the belief that we had something good to achieve was. Also possible that momentum would be carried over into this season benefitting the team in it's attractiveness to new signings, season ticket sales, match day ticket sales, shirt sales etc. we had an opportunity to take the leap forward last season in January but the powers that be didn't seem to want to take that chance. Given the risks of some of their other decisions you'd have thought investing in the team in January would have been a no brainer. Arguably all we needed was a man mountain in defence as well.

Nick

Administrator
It won't be anywhere near £7M if only for the reason that our owners don't have enough acumen to achieve it.

You have to admit though it was very convenient it being a last minute deal. Nothing available for transfers but will probably cover losses from the season. Not having the vision to understand that a playoff place might have been enough to breakeven even without promotion and extra investment in extra players. The crowds were growing as the belief that we had something good to achieve was. Also possible that momentum would be carried over into this season benefitting the team in it's attractiveness to new signings, season ticket sales, match day ticket sales, shirt sales etc. we had an opportunity to take the leap forward last season in January but the powers that be didn't seem to want to take that chance. Given the risks of some of their other decisions you'd have thought investing in the team in January would have been a no brainer. Arguably all we needed was a man mountain in defence as well.

True, it doesn't explain why Mowbray signed so much shite though.

skybluetony176

True, it doesn't explain why Mowbray signed so much shite though.

The shite came in shape of free signings out of desperation. We never replaced Reda or Kent for that matter and were never going to from the pool available i.e. freebies. A small amount of funds made available could have covered a transfer fee or covered wages of a decent loan player or two from the PL and maybe just maybe paid dividends.

Nick

Administrator
The shite came in shape of free signings out of desperation. We never replaced Reda or Kent for that matter and were never going to from the pool available i.e. freebies. A small amount of funds made available could have covered a transfer fee or covered wages of a decent loan player or two from the PL and maybe just maybe paid dividends.

Wasn't Jones the replacement for Kent?

He signed Cargill and Stephens on loan, not to mention Ramage on the free at the start of the window.

skybluetony176

Wasn't Jones the replacement for Kent?

He signed Cargill and Stephens on loan, not to mention Ramage on the free at the start of the window.

Mmm. Jones came long after Kent and only played a bit part for the main. Ramage wasn't the only dip into the free market. Was it. Stephens who got injured after a couple of games and went back to his club?

Like I said. It was convenient the Maddison deal going through at the last minute. You're clearly not going to admit that though. No surprise there though as that would be tantamount to criticism of our owners.

rupert_bear

I do agree 100% failure to arrest last season's slump which started before Christmas was the fault of the manager, poor inadequate signings, carrying on with a system of play costing us points, I also blame the manager for the poor start to this season, for some reason lots of fans seem to feel sorry for him. But to reiterate my stance on sisu not wanting promotion had they TM would have been dispensed with in the summer.

Nick

Administrator
Mmm. Jones came long after Kent and only played a bit part for the main. Ramage wasn't the only dip into the free market. Was it. Stephens who got injured after a couple of games and went back to his club?

Like I said. It was convenient the Maddison deal going through at the last minute. You're clearly not going to admit that though. No surprise there though as that would be tantamount to criticism of our owners.

Stephens didn't get injured, he was here until the end of the season.

Like you say, Maddison going through at the least minute so it means nobody has to be signed. That isn't the case though, as we then did a Loan to buy deal for Jones didn't we?

letsallsingtogether

Stephens didn't get injured, he was here until the end of the season.

Like you say, Maddison going through at the least minute so it means nobody has to be signed. That isn't the case though, as we then did a Loan to buy deal for Jones didn't we?
One silver shilling I believe.

shmmeee

I think the Madders sale signified something had changed last season. We had a young side high on confidence, Kent went back, Madders got sold and Arma went off the boil about the same time. Little changes in team chemistry can fuck you over. I don't blame Sisu for all of that, but it was obvious Madders had a big part to play with the other loanees and a change of mindset from him could be had bigger impacts.

What I blame Sisu for is being so fucking inept that the budget had to be changed halfway through a successful season. I'd be pissed if it happened when we were doing badly, but when we had increased our customer base by about 30%. To not be able to capitalise was just shocking business sense.

It's like the stadium thing, it's continued shitty little amateur mistakes that have accumulated to where we are. Butts park may "be on", but it's not being communicated and we are getting on for 4 and a half years since we went on rent strike signalling we were looking at changing our plans for a stadium, even longer since negotiations began and we are no further forward.

I see his point about Sisu setting a budget and CCFC working with it and I don't support a boycott, just stop going if it's not for you anymore. But what's the vision for that budget? Are we a stable L1 side that brings kids through? Are we struggling? Are we capable of gambling on promotion? We've said all along that fans will deal with pretty much anything as long as their expectations are managed.

Speaking of which, that was another major problem with the Madders sale. CA was all over the media making out as if it was a significant sum that would kick the club on, when it's obvious now it was selling the family silver to keep the lights on. Again, if we'd been told that there would be far less anger at the owners for where we are.

Time and time again they dig themselves into these holes, with CCC, with Wasps, with the fans and expect sympathy for being down there.

Frankly, I have no faith in their ability to run a club, so they could put out a plan to win the Champions League for all I care, it'll never happen with this bunch of amateurs running the show.

Grendel

The upfront payments partly covered a loan made when the club had cash flow issues and I would guess helped fund the purchase of jones

NorthernWisdom

I think the Madders sale signified something had changed last season. We had a young side high on confidence, Kent went back, Madders got sold and Arma went off the boil about the same time. Little changes in team chemistry can fuck you over. I don't blame Sisu for all of that, but it was obvious Madders had a big part to play with the other loanees and a change of mindset from him could be had bigger impacts.

What I blame Sisu for is being so fucking inept that the budget had to be changed halfway through a successful season. I'd be pissed if it happened when we were doing badly, but when we had increased our customer base by about 30%. To not be able to capitalise was just shocking business sense.

It's like the stadium thing, it's continued shitty little amateur mistakes that have accumulated to where we are. Butts park may "be on", but it's not being communicated and we are getting on for 4 and a half years since we went on rent strike signalling we were looking at changing our plans for a stadium, even longer since negotiations began and we are no further forward.

I see his point about Sisu setting a budget and CCFC working with it and I don't support a boycott, just stop going if it's not for you anymore. But what's the vision for that budget? Are we a stable L1 side that brings kids through? Are we struggling? Are we capable of gambling on promotion? We've said all along that fans will deal with pretty much anything as long as their expectations are managed.

Speaking of which, that was another major problem with the Madders sale. CA was all over the media making out as if it was a significant sum that would kick the club on, when it's obvious now it was selling the family silver to keep the lights on. Again, if we'd been told that there would be far less anger at the owners for where we are.

Time and time again they dig themselves into these holes, with CCC, with Wasps, with the fans and expect sympathy for being down there.

Frankly, I have no faith in their ability to run a club, so they could put out a plan to win the Champions League for all I care, it'll never happen with this bunch of amateurs running the show.
Tbf, and while I don't disagree with this postime, a club will never admit they're in the ship, as that allows vultures to circle.

Even though we all know it, bullish is the way forward.

Users who are viewing this thread