Fit and proper? (1 Viewer)

Samo

Says the man with total and utterly childish, misguided, principled morals. lmfao! Grow up son.

'principled morals' ??? Jesus, you don't need any help to look a twat do you?

Grendel

So if we kidnapped PWHK gagged him and tied his hands together so he can't talk and can't tie knots we'll start next season at the Ricoh?

I'm not sure who that is?

Grendel

This thread proves that sometimes people take things far too seriously, especially someone putting a balloon on a windscreen. Jesus some of the things that go on in the world and closer to home in Coventry and we get 7 pages and counting on this. So what if he is a director, can they not do daft things and if Fisher did it, same applies. We've got bigger things to worry about and disagree on than things like this.

It seemed to worry Peter.

James Smith

I am taking about him as a director of a management company that in my opinion with his childish pranks and unprofessional comments is not helping in trying to get the club back to Coventry.

Just my opinion of course.
In much the same way I don't believe Mr Labovitch is helping get us back to Coventry with his PR effort and comments on the radio/in the Telegraph. Again this is just my personal opinion.

Samo

I thought the balloon incident was pretty funny. At least it shows he's human.

Im always suspicious of people who have never got drunk and done something silly. Its like they are scared of letting their true personality out.

Yeh and if Fisher had done it we'd all be saying its just a silly lark. Ah that Fisher! Always messing around! :whistle:

Grendel

Yeh and if Fisher had done it we'd all be saying its just a silly lark. Ah that Fisher! Always messing around! :whistle:

Didn't fisher make some joke about setting his dog on someone I seem to recall?

hinkleee boyz

Why oh why do you guys let Grendel (spelt properly for the faint hearted), an obviously failed small time politician
with a hatred for those who actually managed to get elected, use this site to pedal his own agenda at the expense
of genuine pissed off Cov supporters. As an outsider it seems it is more to do with his own discontent than getting
your team back to Coventry. Just a thought.:confused:

martcov

They started the court case didn't they? How can you complain about it?

They ( Higgs ) started a court case for 29000 - a lower court would have been used. SISU could have argued their case with Higgs out of court and maybe met half way or if that didn't work, have gone to the lower court with a lawyer. No, they took seven lawyers and counterclaimed for 290000 - which meant going to a higher court and costing everyone more money. A "hopeless case" said the judge. They tried the line of a "pervid plan" and got rebuked by the judge for the terminology used. Absurd behaviour, especially as they ended up having to pay their own costs for a bringing "hopeless case" - Quote Justice Leggat. That's why Peter is complaining and rightly too.

chiefdave

Is that it? Not really worth getting worked up about is it?

Paragraph 1 is what many people on here would agree with, the club and stadium being part of the same company (or group of companies).

Paragraph 2 is a statement of SISUs position, and seems in line with what they have said, at least in public.

So that leaves us with paragraph 3 stating "it is unfortunate they want to continue behaving absurdly". Can't really argue with that, who can really say moving the club miles away, alienating the fan base and claiming to build a new stadium with no real evidence anything is happening isn't absurd? Is it going to help move things forward? Certainly not but if SISU are that sensitive that this is going to cause a problem there really is no hope of us ever coming back.

Ian1779

They ( Higgs ) started a court case for 29000 - a lower court would have been used. SISU could have argued their case with Higgs out of court and maybe met half way or if that didn't work, have gone to the lower court with a lawyer. No, they took seven lawyers and counterclaimed for 290000 - which meant going to a higher court and costing everyone more money. A "hopeless case" said the judge. They tried the line of a "pervid plan" and got rebuked by the judge for the terminology used. Absurd behaviour, especially as they ended up having to pay their own costs for a bringing "hopeless case" - Quote Justice Leggat. That's why Peter is complaining and rightly too.

Peter can't have it both ways.

If he (Higgs) wanted to start court action he should have thought about potential consequences. When SISU launched a counter-claim it could have been settled out of court then - or simply withdrawn.

Both sides had no desire to stop it going to court. £££ is the reason why.

Samo

@ Samo...I was hoping you'd give me some lessons son? I like learning from the best!

I do realize that you are related to most people you know but I am not your son. Hence, my ability to form a sentence.

lordsummerisle

If Higgs had withdrawn their claim wouldn't it have needed SISU to also withdraw their claim?

As it was a counter-claim, would you have to have a claim against you to counter against?

In which case if Higgs withdrew their claim they couldn't counter-claim against something that didn;t exist.

However on here it would have read as the big bully Sisu scared of losing the original claim putting the frighteners on Higgs, and if Higgs had withdrawn the majority would be convinced that they would have won if it had gone to court.

mark_ccfc

Given the latest childish comments from our dear friend Peter is this person really helping matters in trying to get the club back to the Ricoh.

He strikes me as egotistical, infantile and unfit for purpose. He also appears to have an unhealthy appetite for cheap publicity.

Just my opinion of course but I do not se how this character is helpful at all

It's hard to look in the mirror sometimes. I would avoid it if I were you.

simple_simon

Given the latest childish comments from our dear friend Peter is this person really helping matters in trying to get the club back to the Ricoh.

He strikes me as egotistical, infantile and unfit for purpose. He also appears to have an unhealthy appetite for cheap publicity.

Just my opinion of course but I do not se how this character is helpful at all.

Peter Chambers is always writing strange letters on the CT website.

blueflint

I am taking about him as a director of a management company that in my opinion with his childish pranks and unprofessional comments is not helping in trying to get the club back to Coventry.

Just my opinion of course.

why should he he has no control over our wonderful owners

lordsummerisle

On here this, on here that. Don't you even bore yourself with that crap lord?

What do you think the majority would have thought then? On here?

On other sites it can be as bad the other way with bias, but can't deny that most are skewed on way in particular on here with no shades of grey.

Rusty Trombone

As it was a counter-claim, would you have to have a claim against you to counter against?

In which case if Higgs withdrew their claim they couldn't counter-claim against something that didn;t exist.

However on here it would have read as the big bully Sisu scared of losing the original claim putting the frighteners on Higgs, and if Higgs had withdrawn the majority would be convinced that they would have won if it had gone to court.

Marilyn Knatchbull-Hugessen said this in the Telegraph...

"In fact just after the expiry of the court time limit for lodging a defence, they did so. Then many months later, in January this year, they issued a counterclaim against us for almost exactly ten times the amount of our claim. From that moment we were not free to withdraw from litigation unless we agreed to pay Sisu’s legal costs of the action and at least their £290,000.
Our claim had been issued in the County Court, but the size of this counterclaim meant that it was transferred to the High Court which enormously increased our legal costs. The trustees tried to settle matters out of court both at an early stage and in the period before the trial took place, including a proposal for mediation, but Sisu made no serious attempt to achieve a resolution and so avoid a trial."

The bit I'm confused about is if the time limit for lodging a defence had expired how did it get to Court?

Samo

"In fact just after the expiry of the court time limit for lodging a defence, they did so. Then many months later, in January this year, they issued a counterclaim against us for almost exactly ten times the amount of our claim. From that moment we were not free to withdraw from litigation unless we agreed to pay Sisu’s legal costs of the action and at least their £290,000.
Our claim had been issued in the County Court, but the size of this counterclaim meant that it was transferred to the High Court which enormously increased our legal costs. The trustees tried to settle matters out of court both at an early stage and in the period before the trial took place, including a proposal for mediation, but Sisu made no serious attempt to achieve a resolution and so avoid a trial."

The bit I'm confused about is if the time limit for lodging a defence had expired how did it get to Court?

Yes I wondered that. She says it as if its not a contradiction! Very odd!

lordsummerisle

Need Tonylinc to put his legal expertise to the test.

SBT

Are we really getting worked up over PWKH using a word Joy Seppalla herself used to describe the club's 'Plan A' only a matter of days ago?

dongonzalos

Sounds like Higgs wanted to threaten action then settle out of court.
Whereas maybe SISU wanted the court action on the highest stage so the explosive emails were released. That such emails would panic the council into backing down.
Yet the judge thought very little of said explosive emails.
Everyone marches on to June?

wingy

IIRC It may have been something as simple as a bank holiday extending the time frame .

dongonzalos

I believe the time frames for submitting the defence case are never enforced.

James Smith

Sounds like Higgs wanted to threaten action then settle out of court.
Whereas maybe SISU wanted the court action on the highest stage so the explosive emails were released. That such emails would panic the council into backing down.
Yet the judge thought very little of said explosive emails.
Everyone marches on to June?

Yep, roll on the Judicial Review.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Samo...If what you say is true, I want all the money that the CSA have taken off me, put back into my Bank Account. I've also been in contact with Jeremy Kyle for a "DNA" and "Lie detector test"

Users who are viewing this thread