FL flexible over the 30 mile radius? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Football League Likely To Be Flexible On Where City Play

By Covsupport News Service
Updated Tuesday, 25th June 2013
Views: 881

Thirty Mile Regulation Could Be Waivered

According to the Coventry Telegraph's Les Reid, the regulations concerning clubs playing within thirty miles of their locality which was brought in after Wimbledon FC was up-rooted from South West London to Milton Keynes, could be ignored by the Football League if it helps SISU controlled Coventry City FC find a 'home' venue for matches.

In an article, Mr Reid has written: "The Telegraph understands the Football League is prepared to be flexible on how far away from Coventry the club might play on an interim basis - which scotches suggestions it would have to be within a 30-mile radius."
This would also mean that the currently empty Nene Park, which is having its electricity paid by an anonymous person or company, could be back in the reckoning.

If true, it would indeed point to Nene Park.

Otis

If true it plays into the fans hands in some ways.

The further away they take the club the less fans will go.

Otis

You saying you wouldn't travel even if you didn't need to travel? :thinking about:

Nick

Administrator
Why do the fa have rules if they just don't stick to them? Same with Portsmouth.

chiefdave

it's looking more and more like Walsall have backed out and Nene Park is the backup - obviously we have no concrete evidence but putting together all the rumours would seem to point that way. they wouldn't need to be flexible for a stadium within the 30 miles radius so you have to assume, if Les source is correct, the stadium we'll be at is more than 30 miles away. Also if the FL is going down this route doesn't give me much hope that any F&P test will be a problem.

coop

Sisu realy do want to ruin ccfc so called £70 million spent yet we are in league 1 with no ground our academy has no home so no development of youth no new kit or sponsors no season tickets sold with less than 6 weeks to go and they want to lose the small fan base left feck me the are fit and proper owners well done PA and the FL thanks for feck all

dongonzalos

If you were SISU and you got into Nene Park if you managed to eventually over 4 years get a relatively decent crowd there.

Would you get the FA to break another one of their rules and allow you buy Nene park for say half price (15 million)
Purpose built and planning permission for a hotel

Or would you attempt to build a new stadium in Coventry (30 million) and move back to where fans have had 4 years to move on without you.

Sell Nene Park and Hotel with club in Championship for 65 million.

Get back the 50 -60 million you invested.

chiefdave

If you were SISU and you got into Nene Park if you managed to eventually over 4 years get a relatively decent crowd there.

Wonder if they have a theory that they can replace lost supporters with locals? Can't see that working, won't most locals support Northampton, PBoro or Leicester?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Why do the fa have rules if they just don't stick to them? Same with Portsmouth.
Because theyve got their heads in the sand they dont realize that some of us aren't giving up forget targeting Sisu go after the FA and FL. As I said before Bosman changed football puy the power in players hands. Then the Taylor report perhaps if we keep it up then in future people will be saying Coventry helped the fans get some power back. So its lobby your MP newspapers etc make the FL know you are doing it that you want an enquiry as to why they dont know who really owns our club,fit and is a joke and not fit for purpose why fans concerns and views are not being listened to. The most important question is do they want the government to legislate, I dont think so

Cov4

I'm just looking at a twitter feed coming live from a Kettering fans forum thing, @jondunhamNT , looks like they are finally settling the terms of their terminated contract with R+D at Nene Park. I don't know how relevant that is, i've not been following events as most on here. Could that remove a possible obstacle:confused:

ccfcway

Would you get the FA to break another one of their rules and allow you buy Nene park for say half price (15 million)
Purpose built and planning permission for a hotel

Or would you attempt to build a new stadium in Coventry (30 million) and move back to where fans have had 4 years to move on without you.

Sell Nene Park and Hotel with club in Championship for 65 million.

Get back the 50 -60 million you invested.

not convinced on the numbers, but this is pretty much what I have been thinking for a while...

steveo1987

I'm just looking at a twitter feed coming live from a Kettering fans forum thing, @jondunhamNT , looks like they are finally settling the terms of their terminated contract with R+D at Nene Park. I don't know how relevant that is, i've not been following events as most on here. Could that remove a possible obstacle:confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23036056

Indeed

SkyblueBazza

I reckon it will be Fratton Park at this rate. After-all, they are desperate for any income they can get to help consolidate their buying the club...& being new to this kind of dealing SISU will perhaps see them as an easy target for their next rip-off!

chiefdave

I reckon it will be Fratton Park at this rate. After-all, they are desperate for any income they can get to help consolidate their buying the club...& being new to this kind of dealing SISU will perhaps see them as an easy target for their next rip-off!

I vote for that, screw not a penny more move to Fratton Park and I'll go to every game, it's at the end of my road!

wingy

This is the way ahead .Fan Ownership, Grounds sold off re-united with Supporters through supporter trusts.The government are keen for these community assets to come back to the fans ,Damien Collins Culture committee report.

This is now where the Trust need to focus attention ,attract high net worth Individuals ,go for huge fund raising push .If the Council are unable to attract the owner/Investors they're looking for .

Absolutely no where for SISU to manoeuvre or focus except on the pitch in this scenario.:)

jesus-wept

Can't see the football authorities okaying that and i am certain any decision like that would be challenged in court in fact i am led to believe it will be.

dongonzalos

not convinced on the numbers, but this is pretty much what I have been thinking for a while...

Nene park cost 30 million. It is worth very little as it is.

Cut their loses sell to SISU for 15 million

SISU have already put 30 million in to cov. ( could be less)

I considered them paying another 15 million over 4 years to build up a squad to get into the championship build the hotel and cover any loses until they get a crowd following a successful promotion campaign.

They are then selling the idea of a stadium and a hotel and a club one league off the prem.

Just guesstimates but I think 60 million

As long as they sell the complete package for more than this they will get their money back.

jesus-wept

Time i think to bombard FA,FL and others with our fears of a backdoor franchise attempt. Don't rule anything out with this lot in charge

hill83

If this happens the whole lot can f*ck off.
England matches and golf for me.

wingy

Nene park cost 30 million. It is worth very little as it is.

Cut their loses sell to SISU for 15 million

SISU have already put 30 million in to cov. ( could be less)

I considered them paying another 15 million over 4 years to build up a squad to get into the championship build the hotel and cover any loses until they get a crowd following a successful promotion campaign.

They are then selling the idea of a stadium and a hotel and a club one league off the prem.

Just guesstimates but I think 60 million

As long as they sell the complete package for more than this they will get their money back.

Can't see it numbers wise Dongon , think of clubs like Blues ,what have they changed hands for recently, how much would Everton cost ,how much did Leeds really cost?/

dongonzalos

Can't see it numbers wise Dongon , think of clubs like Blues ,what have they changed hands for recently, how much would Everton cost ,how much did Leeds really cost?/

Maybe, Wingy

But would put it past them for desperate hair brain planing.

Didnt those other clubs came with massive debts not sure what debt SISU would have by then.

If they made the stadium a viable business who knows

Chipfat

I posted last year that Sisu are going to use the club as a franchise and this came about because of knowing the Ricoh was never going to be an option.. TF does not care to gain, keep or try and persuade CCFC fans to turn up he knows some will travel he also knows and picking up locals in the new area is an option. So all those thinking its a new start and in 3 years we will be competing with owning our new stadium ,,im afraid its not going to happen....Sisu will move buy the ground and fight the FA to stay as moving would back would be financial ruin..Thats why TF states he doesn't care what fans say orr think Sisu are moving anyway, and he talks about us being a brand he always has done.....

I don't hold much hope in the FL they are not going to fight this even knowing the facts they have backed this all the way, sad as it is i can't see any other outcome than the grounds already talked about being accepted and fans divided on what is right for them to do...I don't blame anyone for not following, i won't slag anyone that does go but i do know the club with Sisu as owners are not the club ive supported all my life.....

SBS

In a sense, this rule has to have a degree of flexibility. In our case maybe not, but if Norwich needed a temporary ground I'd imagine they'd need more than 30 miles. Whilst I don't agree with it, there are reasons why it's not binding.

psgm1

Banned
HHmmm Some never was been a few weeks ago Really tried to ridicule me and belittle me saying I was ridiculous vand it was utterly pointless that I contacted both my local MP and even the PM!

Roll on a few weeks, and guess what - this useless internet troll is now saying :

"So its lobby your MP newspapers etc....."

Seems once more the hypocricy never lessens! They criticise, and then when they realise I was right all along, they then try and pretend they come up with the idea!

I wonder if this is why they are so obsessed. They realise I am right far more often than I am wrong, but because the trolls have decided to take a purely contrary position, they cannot just admit I was right all along!

Hence you get unsustainable and idiotic stances.

Your an idiot for contacting your mp........Contact your MP!
You are a real prat......Join us and make a difference
We will never join the clique.....But will support everything anybody does!
Let's meet up and talk things out.......I never ever asked to meet you in Private!

And yet they expect to be seen as credible members of the board!

They are like a poor 70's comedy - Carry on SBT - Ooh Matron!

Users who are viewing this thread