FL flexible over the 30 mile radius? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

If you were SISU and you got into Nene Park if you managed to eventually over 4 years get a relatively decent crowd there.

Would you get the FA to break another one of their rules and allow you buy Nene park for say half price (15 million)
Purpose built and planning permission for a hotel

Or would you attempt to build a new stadium in Coventry (30 million) and move back to where fans have had 4 years to move on without you.

Sell Nene Park and Hotel with club in Championship for 65 million.

Get back the 50 -60 million you invested.
Then new owners can sell Nene park, move back to the Ricoh and we will be a championship club with new owners

Sounds ok to me

T

true sky blue

i have absolutely no problem going here for an interim period. in fact i think its better than the morgue ricoh. and i bet we have more fun in there.

Attachments

• Rushden-and-Diamonds-Nene-park.jpg
    Rushden-and-Diamonds-Nene-park.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 17

Otis

You think it is better to move nearly 50 miles away?

:confused:

Okay.

A disastrous move in my opinion and thousands like me will have their football club taken away from them.

It will be fun though, eh? :facepalm:

bigfatronssba

<p>
i have absolutely no problem going here for an interim period. in fact i think its better than the morgue ricoh. and i bet we have more fun in there.

Morgue Ricoh? I know there's a few on the pitch displaying symptoms of death but everyone is very much alive (apart from the club itself).

How much fun can one have sitting in an empty football ground watching Coventry City slide into the conference?

sky blue john

Please don't let them take our club away. Somebody do something!

Grendel Torch and co will hand the club on a plate to sisu if they get their way !!!!
I bet every letter and email to the football league regarding sisu as unsuitable owners are like daggers through their hearts !!!!

Leamington Pete

Kettering had a deal to play at Nene Park which was crippling the club and dragging them down. They were finding it very difficult to break free from it and it nearly finished them. Hey presto last night they were released from this agreement. Coincidence?

hill83

Grendel Torch and co will hand the club on a plate to sisu if they get their way !!!!
I bet every letter and email to the football league regarding sisu as unsuitable owners are like daggers through their hearts !!!!

You really have no clue what you are reading or writing do you?

!!!!

valiant15

So in some people's eyes sisu are c-units and can feck off if they go to nene park, but if they stay at the Ricoh then they are ok?

hill83

So how in some people's eyes sisu are c-units and can feck off if they go to nene park, but if they stay at the Ricoh then they are ok?

I'm speaking purely for myself here.
If we stay at the Ricoh they will still be c-units, but I'll go.
If we move, I won't go.

valiant15

That's exactly my understanding from some of the hypocrites on here !!!!

As the days and weeks go by it looks increasingly likely to me that they are going to take our club away, so the morons who've backed sisu throughout this saga need to prepare themselves for a big kick in the bollocks from their mates from Mayfair.

sky blue john

As the days and weeks go by it looks increasingly likely to me that they are going to take our club away, so the morons who've backed sisu throughout this saga need to prepare themselves for a big kick in the bollocks from their mates from Mayfair.

I still don't think even some of them would realize even then !!!

Otis

If we move, I won't go.

Exactly. Same as I feel.

I do not like Sisu one jot, but number one priority for me is a CCFC side playing here in Coventry at the Ricoh.

They do that and I will support them whatever. Doesn't mean I also support the owners.

dongonzalos

This was 7 months ago

SKY BLUES CHECK OUT POSSIBLE NEW homes: COVENTRY City have explored the possibility of playing their home matches at a ground 45 miles from the city.
The club last week threatened to find an alternative home as their war of words with Ricoh Arena owners ACL grew more bitter.

And the Coventry Telegraph understands that they have inquired about switching home fixtures to Rushden and Diamonds' former ground, Nene Park in Northamptonshire, which currently lies vacant.

Owners Sisu appear determined to find a “more affordable home“ after the company running the SKY BLUES REPORTER Ricoh issued a statutory demand for the £1.1million arrears owed by the football club, giving City 21 days to stump up their unpaid rent.

If they fail to meet the Boxing Day deadline the Sky Blues, bankrolled by Sisu for the last five years, would have to declare themselves insolvent or face a winding-up order.

It emerged over the weekend that City have turned down a latest offer from ACL which would see a rent reduction of 67 per cent, down to £400,000-a-year from £1.28million, as well as giving the club ten years to pay off what they owe and the chance to take matchday revenue from refreshments.

Asked about Nene Park, the club issued the following statement: “Following the issuing of a statutory demand by ACL last week the board of directors of CCFC will, first and foremost, continue to work hard at bringing about a resolution regarding the rent dispute with ACL that will enable the football club to remain at the Ricoh Arena.

“However, in the interim period, they must consider other alternative and appropriate venues which are affordable for a football club to ensure CCFC fulfil their future fix tures. The club has therefore commenced the sensible process of making contact with other football clubs to evaluate if their stadiums meet our requirements should negotiations with ACL fail to reach a mutually agreed position on the rent with the result that CCFC is forced to move away from the Ricoh to a new venue.“

Nene Park is recognised as one of the finest grounds in non-League football, but it is a 90-mile round trip from Coventry city centre and it's 6,500 capacity (4,500 seated) would be effectively swallowed up by the Sky Blues' season-ticket holders, assuming they would be prepared to travel that far.

The stadium, originally the home of Irthlingborough Diamonds, was massively upgraded in 1992 following the club's merger with Rushden Town * the £30million project funded by Doc Martens owner Max Griggs.

But although his investment saw Rushden and Diamonds promoted to the Football league they could not attract crowds to maintain that momentum and went bust in 2011.

Neighbours Kettering Town took over as tenants, but their own financial problems meant that they could not afford the running costs and last month switched to playing their home matches at Corby Town, leaving Nene Park mothballed.

City have played one competitive game at the ground, in august 2005, when a crowd of 3,240 saw the Sky Blues win a Carling Cup tie 3-0 with goals from Gary McSheffrey, Matt Heath and andy Morrell.

BrisbaneBronco

I have believed for sometime that the only 2 options will be Ricoh or Nene Park.
SISU will hope that if they do play at Nene Park, then in 12 months/ 2 years or however long it takes, ACL/CCC will agree a sale of the Ricoh.
What worries me, is what happens if ACL/CCC do not cave in. We will then probably be based at Nene Park indefinately.
We would then certainly have to change our name to reflect the area we play in. It will no longer be CCFC.

wingy

So, we are going to be crippled and dragged down instead?

I guess you could draw a parallel with RICOH argument .Did The guy who rented them Nene offer a reduction of around 60% ,who knows .What were their gates like . How long If we move in before we can't manage ?:thinking about::(

Otis

This was 7 months ago

SKY BLUES CHECK OUT POSSIBLE NEW homes: COVENTRY City have explored the possibility of playing their home matches at a ground 45 miles from the city.
The club last week threatened to find an alternative home as their war of words with Ricoh Arena owners ACL grew more bitter.

And the Coventry Telegraph understands that they have inquired about switching home fixtures to Rushden and Diamonds' former ground, Nene Park in Northamptonshire, which currently lies vacant.

Owners Sisu appear determined to find a “more affordable home“ after the company running the SKY BLUES REPORTER Ricoh issued a statutory demand for the £1.1million arrears owed by the football club, giving City 21 days to stump up their unpaid rent.

If they fail to meet the Boxing Day deadline the Sky Blues, bankrolled by Sisu for the last five years, would have to declare themselves insolvent or face a winding-up order.

It emerged over the weekend that City have turned down a latest offer from ACL which would see a rent reduction of 67 per cent, down to £400,000-a-year from £1.28million, as well as giving the club ten years to pay off what they owe and the chance to take matchday revenue from refreshments.

Asked about Nene Park, the club issued the following statement: “Following the issuing of a statutory demand by ACL last week the board of directors of CCFC will, first and foremost, continue to work hard at bringing about a resolution regarding the rent dispute with ACL that will enable the football club to remain at the Ricoh Arena.

“However, in the interim period, they must consider other alternative and appropriate venues which are affordable for a football club to ensure CCFC fulfil their future fix tures. The club has therefore commenced the sensible process of making contact with other football clubs to evaluate if their stadiums meet our requirements should negotiations with ACL fail to reach a mutually agreed position on the rent with the result that CCFC is forced to move away from the Ricoh to a new venue.“

Nene Park is recognised as one of the finest grounds in non-League football, but it is a 90-mile round trip from Coventry city centre and it's 6,500 capacity (4,500 seated) would be effectively swallowed up by the Sky Blues' season-ticket holders, assuming they would be prepared to travel that far.

The stadium, originally the home of Irthlingborough Diamonds, was massively upgraded in 1992 following the club's merger with Rushden Town * the £30million project funded by Doc Martens owner Max Griggs.

But although his investment saw Rushden and Diamonds promoted to the Football league they could not attract crowds to maintain that momentum and went bust in 2011.

Neighbours Kettering Town took over as tenants, but their own financial problems meant that they could not afford the running costs and last month switched to playing their home matches at Corby Town, leaving Nene Park mothballed.

City have played one competitive game at the ground, in august 2005, when a crowd of 3,240 saw the Sky Blues win a Carling Cup tie 3-0 with goals from Gary McSheffrey, Matt Heath and andy Morrell.

Cool, cos that's where we're heading!

ajsccfc

I like non-league grounds, but generally as either a neutral or for a friendly. 75 people in the freezing cold drinking Bovril and watching route one nonsense on a mudbath masquerading as a pitch - now that's football. I'd quickly hate it if it became the norm, but until then it's like the novelty equivalent of visiting poor countries on one's gap yaaaaaah.

SBS

If we move, I won't go.

Agree entirely. I hate SISU for what they've done but we're going to look pretty stupid if we've been screaming for the club to stay in Cov, only not to turn up if they do.

The Football League are only interested in one question........

Can Coventry City complete its fixtures for the whole season?

They dont really care where we play.

Users who are viewing this thread