Flat Earth (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Saw Brian Cox tweet something about flat earthers a few weeks ago. He was getting grief from them as apparently there is no space and NASA is a trick to fool us all.

Couldn't believe people really think this stuff is true. I like a conspiracy theory as much as the next person but this is beyond strange.

How do they explain people that sail round the world not falling off the edge?

Captain Dart

Try this puzzle, the draggable overlays have been moved from their usual positions and their sizes change drastically with the projection at the new positions applied. Or to put it another way, the conventional map projection gives a misleading impression of the real areas of various countries, the nearer the poles the land mass is dragged the bigger it appears and countries near the equator look smaller than they really are.

https://gmaps-samples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/poly/puzzledrag.html

Last edited:

mechaishida

Some of Eric Dubay's Flat Earth work is actually compelling...I mean, it's theory. Like, pretty much every Scientific Tenet in the modern era: gravity being a prime example of a theory being banded and hyped for centuries as fact.

I do question Flat Earther's a lot, and to be fair, their logic is predominantly sound; doesn't mean I ascribe to the core of their belief, though.

We do, as a people, have to question Science more. Most of it is NOT fact, far from it.

ccfctommy

Saw Brian Cox tweet something about flat earthers a few weeks ago. He was getting grief from them as apparently there is no space and NASA is a trick to fool us all.

Couldn't believe people really think this stuff is true. I like a conspiracy theory as much as the next person but this is beyond strange.

How do they explain people that sail round the world not falling off the edge?

They believe there is a ice glacier wall or something

mechaishida

Unless you actually look at the logical, well-researched theories presented by the more affable Flat Earthers, then taking the piss is a bit ignorant, imo.

Do you all know for definite that we live on a watery ball, in a gravitational slingshot around a burning star? Who do we have to clarify and substantiate these claims? Oh, aye, Scientists...they present THEORY as FACT. This is one of the greatest travesties of the modern era - the license Science has to label whatever it likes as fact.

At least Flat Earthers have the logic and meticulousness to take the time to try and coax people into seeing another alternative to conventional scientific theory. It's very true that once a convention or accepted concept is challenged, out comes the fearful backlash.

Our perspective of life, this Earth and the universe is based on theory. As is the Flat Earth theory. So before you start reeling off the sarcasm, research it a bit. Some aspects and research make a hell of a lot more sense than the tripe we're spoon-fed from birth till death.

Check out Eric Dubay on YouTube. I guarantee he will at least present the Flat Earth theory in a manner which will be far, far from absurd and laughable.

mrtrench

gravity being a prime example of a theory being banded and hyped for centuries as fact.

Gravity is a fact - it's measurable and observable and can be used to predict the movement of planets and stars. What isn't known for sure is the cause of gravity.

mechaishida

A scientific theory is as near to fact as you can get. The flat earth "theory" is a hypothesis.

However, it is still theory.

Amazing how a seemingly 'ridiculous' theory such as Flat Earth really annoys people. If you took the time to view/read some of Eric Dubay's work, you'd be oddly refreshed.

Instead, we stick to the spoon-fed theories masquerading as fact, and sit happily in the knowledge that there are no more answers to be found about our world.

kdrinkell

This does sound like foil hat wearing time,so if the earth is flat how do we have a continuation when we travel ? and more importantly why are NASA and the likes fooling us into believing the Earth is round ?

mechaishida

This does sound like foil hat wearing time,so if the earth is flat how do we have a continuation when we travel ? and more importantly why are NASA and the likes fooling us into believing the Earth is round ?

Eric Dubay addresses all of this in his video and books, but if you're intent on labelling every Flat Earther a 'tin foil hatter', then you won't absorb the tenets he proposes. It calls for an open mind and a willingness to just listen.

I don't have your answers, since I'm not a fully-fledged, foil hat-humping Flat Earther.

kdrinkell

Hey I ain't no sheep hahaha,I did say it sounds like meaning it could swing either way.

I guess I'll have to continue watching his video…bloody long though.

mechaishida

Hey I ain't no sheep hahaha,I did say it sounds like meaning it could swing either way.

I guess I'll have to continue watching his video…bloody long though.

Indeed, some of his videos are over an hour or so, but once you're immersed it passed swiftly.

Like I said, I don't ascribe to everything he purports, but he certainly has opened my eyes and mind to the possibility.

dancers lance

Amazing how a seemingly 'ridiculous' theory such as Flat Earth really annoys people. If you took the time to view/read some of Eric Dubay's work, you'd be oddly refreshed.

Instead, we stick to the spoon-fed theories masquerading as fact, and sit happily in the knowledge that there are no more answers to be found about our world.

You are ware that we have people, in space, orbiting and observing our planet as we speak, and we have done since the 1960's.

Otis

Can I just ask if the Sun and the Moon aren't round either? Cos if they're not I need to go to Specsavers.

dancers lance

Can I just ask if the Sun and the Moon aren't round either? Cos if they're not I need to go to Specsavers.

I wouldn't bother, you will just be 'spoon fed' a pair of glasses that some 'crazy scientists' have spent years perfecting hoping to correct sight loss.....crazy bastards!

kdrinkell

This is the reason it is difficult to believe but when we go on holiday why isn't the jet nose down ? and why is it not relevant to make roads and canals sloping ? It is curious

dancers lance

This is the reason it is difficult to believe but when we go on holiday why isn't the jet nose down ? and why is it not relevant to make roads and canals sloping ? It is curious
Wow...I hope this is a joke, if not, I'm surprised that you remember to breathe .

ajsccfc

Do you all know for definite that we live on a watery ball, in a gravitational slingshot around a burning star? Who do we have to clarify and substantiate these claims? Oh, aye, Scientists...they present THEORY as FACT. This is one of the greatest travesties of the modern era - the license Science has to label whatever it likes as fact.

Surely this applies to nearly everything? I've got no way of proving dinosaurs existed or that any of the elements on the periodic table aren't made up just to sell wallcharts for instance.

skybluetony176

I'm guessing that this Eric Dubray has never crossed the equator and emptied a bath?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
When I look up at the moon, I see it in different phases. Crescent shaped they call it. The "crescent" is caused by the shadow of the earth. Take a look next time you're out at night. The moon is round just like the fucking earth! These looney flat earth fuckers want locking away in a loony bin!
By the way, talking of tin foil hatters, that crazy twat David Icke lives near me. He still gives talks and stuff. Never seen one of his shows but see him fairly regularly. He's spaced out!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Unless you actually look at the logical, well-researched theories presented by the more affable Flat Earthers, then taking the piss is a bit ignorant, imo.

At least Flat Earthers have the logic and meticulousness to take the time to try and coax people into seeing another alternative to conventional scientific theory. It's very true that once a convention or accepted concept is challenged, out comes the fearful backlash.

Our perspective of life, this Earth and the universe is based on theory. As is the Flat Earth theory. So before you start reeling off the sarcasm, research it a bit. Some aspects and research make a hell of a lot more sense than the tripe we're spoon-fed from birth till death.

Check out Eric Dubay on YouTube. I guarantee he will at least present the Flat Earth theory in a manner which will be far, far from absurd and laughable.

You sure you're not a believer? :thinking about: :D

mrtrench

[video=youtube;dS12p0Zqlt0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS12p0Zqlt0[/video]

mechaishida

You sure you're not a believer? :thinking about: :D

I believe in the possibility of it, yes. Eric Dubay is a very wise and spiritual man, nothing about him smacks of insanity or delusion.

All he does is gently coax people to, at the very least, just look at the theory he presents.

Nick

Administrator
Are you aware that seeing an object, even that size, from a distance of over 100k miles away is almost impossible?

Please, quit antagonizing me at every turn, it's wearisome.

[video=youtube;xOsOifg4Mm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsOifg4Mm0[/video]

No idea if real, but Google says the ISS is 240 miles not 100k.

Users who are viewing this thread