Flat Earth (2 Viewers)

mechaishida

[video=youtube;xOsOifg4Mm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsOifg4Mm0[/video]

No idea if real, but Google says the ISS is 240 miles not 100k.

Got my measurements in a kerfuffle, my bad.

It's still highly dubious to whether that's ISS or an atmospheric anomaly; I'd go with the latter, myself.

Nick

Administrator
Got my measurements in a kerfuffle, my bad.

It's still highly dubious to whether that's ISS or an atmospheric anomaly; I'd go with the latter, myself.

Could well be, on a clear night it probably could be seen. With a basic telescope even easier.

mrtrench

You can even detect the curvature of the earth with your eyes from an airplane. Gravity obviously exists. If I drop a ball a force takes it to Earth. I've narrowed down your position to one of three possibilities:

1) Troll
2) Not very bright
3) Someone arguing from the position that the whole of life may be an illusion and you are going to wake up as a beautiful princess; nobody else exists yada yada...

mrtrench

I suggest two things: get his name right, and actually listen to some of the man's words - he's far more wise than you or I.

He may be wiser than you but on the basis of this video he's far less wise than I.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/user/ericdubay77[/video]

Nick

Administrator
Sounds like a mentalist, what did they do for the red bull jump from space where you can see it's round? Cgi in real-time, or was it made up?

mechaishida

You can even detect the curvature of the earth with your eyes from an airplane. Gravity obviously exists. If I drop a ball a force takes it to Earth. I've narrowed down your position to one of three possibilities:

1) Troll
2) Not very bright
3) Someone arguing from the position that the whole of life may be an illusion and you are going to wake up as a beautiful princess; nobody else exists yada yada...

Oh, indeed, all of that is obvious.

Sorry to be so offensive to your conventional, myopic, unsubstantiated tripe; must be incredibly difficult accepting anything beyond your own burgeoning ego, eh?

Yada yada yourself, you nasty little prick. There's only one dolt-headed troll on this thread, and it certainly isn't me.

chiefdave

What would be the advantage of all the governments, scientists etc around the world making us think the earth is round and that space exists?

mechaishida

Sounds like a mentalist, what did they do for the red bull jump from space where you can see it's round? Cgi in real-time, or was it made up?

No, the jump was real, but the curvature of the Earth was created via a fish-eye lens. It's a common trick used. If you look closely, does New Mexico (or wherever the jump was staged) look THAT big? The entire state was as large as a continent through that lens.

Nick

Administrator
No, the jump was real, but the curvature of the Earth was created via a fish-eye lens. It's a common trick used. If you look closely, does New Mexico (or wherever the jump was staged) look THAT big? The entire state was as large as a continent through that lens.

Really? Got any good shit going spare?

Wouldn't it make the bloke look funny?

maxresdefault22.jpg

martcov

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP] As with most (if not all) forms of scientific knowledge, scientific theories are inductive in nature[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] and aim for predictive power and explanatory capability.

What predictive power and explanatory capability do the flat earthers have?

chiefdave

So lets just for a crazy minute say this is true. That means every government, every educational institution, every research institution, all media outlets, airlines and others are all conspiring to convince us the earth is not flat and space does not exist.

So you then have to ignore the fact that a lot of those people can't get along and agree on anything but have, for decades, managed to keep up this pretence. Accept that and the obvious question is why? What does anyone gain?

Nick

Administrator
What are you finding 'crazy'? The fish-eye lens usage or...?

All of the whole world isn't round stuff and that people would go to the extreme of fish eye lenses for no reason at all. Up in space they would take the time to configure the lense so that the world that goes behind the bloke and his spaceship are rounded, but they aren't.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So lets just for a crazy minute say this is true. That means every government, every educational institution, every research institution, all media outlets, airlines and others are all conspiring to convince us the earth is not flat and space does not exist.

So you then have to ignore the fact that a lot of those people can't get along and agree on anything but have, for decades, managed to keep up this pretence. Accept that and the obvious question is why? What does anyone gain?

What would be the advantage of all the governments, scientists etc around the world making us think the earth is round and that space exists?
Apparently the space thing was fabricated as the USSR and USA became obsessed with becoming the first to travel into space, so in the end they made it up to get one over the other.

With the earth is round, the argument is not that its a conspiracy to cover up the world is flat but they tell us it is round because that is what they believe it is/should be.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I stand corrected Meshid, Mashid, Meshshilda ! I've just got this picture back from Major Tim Peake!

Houchens Head

Check out Eric Dubay on YouTube. I guarantee he will at least present the Flat Earth theory in a manner which will be far, far from absurd and laughable.

Thanks Pal! I've just wasted 2 fucking minutes of my life watching this inane drivel! A two hour video? FFS! Two minutes was enough! What an absolute twat!

skybluetony176

Thanks Pal! I've just wasted 2 fucking minutes of my life watching this inane drivel! A two hour video? FFS! Two minutes was enough! What an absolute twat!

Same here. He's an attention seeker. That's all and as he's incapable of coming up with something constructive to gain that much needed attention he's come up with something deconstructive.

chiefdave

Apparently the space thing was fabricated as the USSR and USA became obsessed with becoming the first to travel into space, so in the end they made it up to get one over the other.

Why were they both trying to be the first to travel in space when it doesn't exist? And surely when one made it up the other would have called BS?

With the earth is round, the argument is not that its a conspiracy to cover up the world is flat but they tell us it is round because that is what they believe it is/should be.

Basically they're saying everyone else is wrong and we're right then?

mrtrench

Please, quit antagonizing me at every turn, it's wearisome.

Oh, indeed, all of that is obvious.

Sorry to be so offensive to your conventional, myopic, unsubstantiated tripe; must be incredibly difficult accepting anything beyond your own burgeoning ego, eh?

Yada yada yourself, you nasty little prick. There's only one dolt-headed troll on this thread, and it certainly isn't me.

Change down man; why so angry? Perhaps if you offered some alternative positive opinion rather than rubbishing what almost everyone else accepts as facts you might get some less sceptical feedback. Tell us what you think.

I start off: I'm open to the idea that the Universe is not everything it may appear to be. I'm even open to the possibility of a God, albeit not as described in religious books written by men. I'll even buy the 'we all wake up' theory up to a point (without the 'Lord Copper') but I judge what I see from the context of what I'm permitted to see - hence I completely reject the idea of a flat Earth and no gravity. I'd like to write more about what I *do* believe about life, the Universe and everything however my position is that we don't understand enough about it to have a belief.

So, without getting angry, what is it that you believe?

Otis

I believe I can fly. I believe I can touch the sky.

That be R Kelly.

Personally, I can't see how the world can possibly be flat.

I mean, it's not rocket science!

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Seeing as Willy Fogg went all around the world without falling off or seeing a big barrier, I don't believe the world is flat but do believe in talking lions.

Philosorapter

I never thought I would ever get the opportunity here. Time for a little storm.

[video=youtube;HhGuXCuDb1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U[/video]

mechaishida

All of the whole world isn't round stuff and that people would go to the extreme of fish eye lenses for no reason at all. Up in space they would take the time to configure the lense so that the world that goes behind the bloke and his spaceship are rounded, but they aren't.

Just because it challenges your belief system, doesn't make it crazy?

Maybe Felix and his little space pod was CGI'd onto the camera feed, who knows, but if you believe that New Mexico looks THAT big from the periphery of space, I'm not the one who's 'crazy'.

mechaishida

I stand corrected Meshid, Mashid, Meshshilda ! I've just got this picture back from Major Tim Peake!

Again, when a belief system is challenged, even by a mere theory (that you find absurd), out comes the indignant and disparaging replies.

Try taking the piss again, big man, I'll just fucking laugh at you. Narrow-minded, scared, set in the straight jacket that society has placed on you; take the big square Earth and shove it up your spotty arse. Thanks for coming. :claping hands:

mechaishida

Ooooh look! A fucking alien!

You really are a sad little mess. That's a personal photo, by the way, so take it down - it was taken by me the day my daughter was born, so go and fuck yourself for diminishing it with your petulant, ignorant little mind. Take it down and stop being a wobbly little bully.

Houchens Head

again, when a belief system is challenged, even by a mere theory (that you find absurd), out comes the indignant and disparaging replies.

Try taking the piss again, big man, i'll just fucking laugh at you. Narrow-minded, scared, set in the straight jacket that society has placed on you; take the big square earth and shove it up your spotty arse. Thanks for coming. :claping hands:

:d

mechaishida

Change down man; why so angry? Perhaps if you offered some alternative positive opinion rather than rubbishing what almost everyone else accepts as facts you might get some less sceptical feedback. Tell us what you think.

I start off: I'm open to the idea that the Universe is not everything it may appear to be. I'm even open to the possibility of a God, albeit not as described in religious books written by men. I'll even buy the 'we all wake up' theory up to a point (without the 'Lord Copper') but I judge what I see from the context of what I'm permitted to see - hence I completely reject the idea of a flat Earth and no gravity. I'd like to write more about what I *do* believe about life, the Universe and everything however my position is that we don't understand enough about it to have a belief.

So, without getting angry, what is it that you believe?

I typed out a very diplomatic reply, but my youngest just pulled the PC plug out and sent in into the Matrix...

...from what I can remember, I actually thanked you for being decent in this post and dropping your ego, because it really doesn't do anyone any favours.

I just happen to challenge a lot of established tenets, laws and accepted 'fact's, and form my own conclusions based on what I've learned and logic. Doesn't mean I'm a Flat Earther, doesn't mean I'm a conspiracy theorist, I just don't always accept the status quo.

I believe there's more to this world, this reality and this universe than meets the eye; the answers to everything come from within, from our own sense of consciousness (collective or singular). I just don't believe in much of what you and many others do, so yeah, it leaves me open to ridicule.

In any case, that's that.

Houchens Head

And I bet you believe in unicorns and fairies! :D

Users who are viewing this thread