Fm 2014 (1 Viewer)

ericagradus

Anyone pre ordered FM 2014 and playing now with the BETA code?

I have started a Cov game. Transfer embargo, no money, Christie and Murphy leave, but by September there is a takeover...

ConnorDevine

suppose that all makes sense, can you sign Louis Tomlinson from doncaster for me? i'm really interested to see if they put the fact signing him would get 30,000,000 screaming 12 year old girls supporting your club, i wonder if he counts as a big name signing?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I used to play it religiously but when my laptop went a knacker, my career as a (pretend) football manager came to an end.

I did try the handheld version, but its not half as good!

Am considering coming out of retirement though, and buying a new laptop just so I can get FM 2014. Sad? I know ;)

SkyBlueHomer

I usually wait for Christmas and it also gives time to get 1st patch out to correct the numerous errors.

Couldn't get into FM13, still playing FM12 but don't get anywhere near enough time these days to play long term saves

Hobo

Who takes us over?

AngryAnt

bought every FM since it swapped over from Champ Manager, but can't bring myself to this year sadly :(.
Doesn't look like its a big upgrade over FM13.

ajsccfc

I got it yesterday and started a Cov game. Because you start in administration and an embargo, Sisu are completely out of the picture with no trace of Fisher or anyone, and the administrator is some generic chap. In October I was taken over by a local businessman and I saved it on today's date in-game, where they've just restructured the debt and officially come out of administration, are spending fat cash to improve youth and training, and have even allowed me a handsome £2m transfer kitty.

The financial projection looks ridiculously optimistic, with it predicting an £11m transfer budget in 2016 relative to expenditure, although there appears to be no boardroom request option to get the hell out of Sixfields and its restrictive size early sadly. I may be jumping the gun and that comes later mind you.

(One little sneaky cheat I found relating to the OP: I had early bids for Christie that I was unable to reject due to the embargo, but I was able to go into Transfer Centre and negotiate them to a cool £80m, which saw all bidders quickly walk away and I keeps me players.)

Off-pitch is looking promising, but on it hasn't quite been Pressley levels. I'm still bottom on 8 points (counting the reduction) after 14 games but I'm within three points of getting out of the drop zone and am enjoying a two-win run. John Fleck's the star and Lobjoit's forced his way into the reckoning too.

skybluebeduff

Wow! people still buy games, ever heard of a torrent site wink wink.

Even if you cheat and buy any city player for say £100mill, the board give you nothing, even when taken over, its pathetic, you can't sign anyone at all not even loans!!

Gonna be Spurs, hurts too much being City!

shmmeee

Wow! people still buy games, ever heard of a torrent site wink wink.

Even if you cheat and buy any city player for say £100mill, the board give you nothing, even when taken over, its pathetic, you can't sign anyone at all not even loans!!

Gonna be Spurs, hurts too much being City!

As an amateur game developer fuck you.

ajsccfc

Seems a bit off for a Cov fan to advocate the use of something without paying for it, I'd have thought.

Skyblueweeman

Err....try the data editor...I've have us back at the Ricoh this season, out of admin (although can't shake of the embargo until about Oct), healthy transfer kitty and created a player to slot into midfield with top ratings.

Cheating? Who cares...CCFC are flying, in their own stadium and I'm totally rated in the world of football. Boom!

Covers time when the missus is watching sh*t telly.....

WM

Gray

i got took over by the sky blue trust led by "Matthew Orton." make of that what you will, they gave me no transfer money no wages, so i had to play 16 year old kids. got relegated to league 2 and i've just played in the JPT at home in front of 348 people

RegTheDonk

suppose that all makes sense, can you sign Louis Tomlinson from doncaster for me? i'm really interested to see if they put the fact signing him would get 30,000,000 screaming 12 year old girls supporting your club, i wonder if he counts as a big name signing?

Is there an option to have One Direction play Sixfields?

oggys nose

I have just started playing it . Lost Murphy to Bournemouth Christie to Wigan (loaned back) and Thomas to Cardiff (loaned back). Been taken over by Adam Pearson and revamped financies and I have 5m to spend but cant spend it due to financial fair play rules .

ajsccfc

Summer 2016:

un1I1ti.png

[video=youtube;ViK8PwbJmxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViK8PwbJmxo[/video]

woody11462

What formation is everyone using? I started a game on the Beta version and went with 4-4-2 with with a pressing game. Started off well enough but couldn't sign anyone and ended up having to use half the youth team because the team was exhausted. Wilson was scoring plenty and Webster was awesome but it crashed. Gonna start a new game now on the full game, see how I get on.

woody11462

Well what a waste of fucking time that was!!!

Got as high as 12th mid season, around the time the club was taken over but was told there was no money for either transfers or wages and was already 15k over the allowed wage budget with the squad we already have. Didn't lose any players all season in terms of sales but come mid season the squad was shattered and was having to use the under 18's, who aren't up to league 1 standard.

I ended up staying up on the final day with a 5-0 win away to Sheff United. Wilson and Manset were my top league scorers with 21 & 25 respectively but because I had no money it would not let me offer anyone a new contract so at the end of the season I have lost Wilson, Manset, Thomas, Murphy, Lobjoit and numerous others on a free, STILL don't have any wages to bring in new free transfers and the board have just scrapped the under 18's so i don't even have a youth team to fill in for what is left of my first team when they are tired/injured. I only have 15 players in total in my first team/under 21 squad! And they expect a mid table finish!

All SISU's fault!

ajsccfc

Just had my season ticket sales, they've gone up a touch.

Last season at Sixfields (Champ): 541
First season back at Ricoh (Prem): 26413 sellout

Hiyo!

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm about 5 seasons in now, back at the Ricoh and currently midtable in the championship

aj did you have a problem attracting players to the club, it seems on my game that 95% of players would rather go play for league 1 clubs instead. My media prediction every season is 24th cause I have such a piss poor squad.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well what a waste of fucking time that was!!!

Got as high as 12th mid season, around the time the club was taken over but was told there was no money for either transfers or wages and was already 15k over the allowed wage budget with the squad we already have. Didn't lose any players all season in terms of sales but come mid season the squad was shattered and was having to use the under 18's, who aren't up to league 1 standard.

I ended up staying up on the final day with a 5-0 win away to Sheff United. Wilson and Manset were my top league scorers with 21 & 25 respectively but because I had no money it would not let me offer anyone a new contract so at the end of the season I have lost Wilson, Manset, Thomas, Murphy, Lobjoit and numerous others on a free, STILL don't have any wages to bring in new free transfers and the board have just scrapped the under 18's so i don't even have a youth team to fill in for what is left of my first team when they are tired/injured. I only have 15 players in total in my first team/under 21 squad! And they expect a mid table finish!

All SISU's fault!
I had this as well, you can't offer any new contracts in the first season as you have no money. I just filled up my squad with about 8 loan players the following season

skybluebeduff

As an amateur game developer fuck you.

Never heard of try before you buy? Well In my instance I have PURCHASED the game, I'll always contribute towards the developers of Football Manager (been a fan since the CM days). I like to play online too so a dodgy internet copy won't fulfill my needs. And I actually do f%%$ myself occasionally, who doesn't ? :wave:

Anyway about the game, it's the FPP rule that's ruining my game, I cheated and have over £100mill in the bank, £160,000 to spend on wages, and I can't spend any because I need to reduce the wages on a wafer thin squad, all because I'm under an embargo for not keeping upto monthly standards.

So even after cheating I'm shite, so anyone whos doing better I salute you! :)

ajsccfc

aj did you have a problem attracting players to the club, it seems on my game that 95% of players would rather go play for league 1 clubs instead. My media prediction every season is 24th cause I have such a piss poor squad.

Still do really, my best players tend to be wonderkids loaned in each season.

shmmeee

Never heard of try before you buy?

Yes, so have the developers, that's why they have a demo available for download.

Sorry, music or movies I might agree, but I know too well what it costs to make a game like FM and the fact that the devs are not multi-millionaires. Had a friend who has had to move away because their company went bust due to excess piracy. Whole platforms have seen developer support disappear due to piracy (PSP, DS, Wii).

Football Manager has consistently been one of the best games out for decades, they deserve to get paid.

Anyway, on topic: I went out and bought this on Steam yesterday. Kept getting players sold out from under me so have sold players to Man City & Arsenal (handily managed by me also) and got a fair transfer kitty, but now no-one who is any good wants to come to me. I'm about midtable at the moment, January of the first season. Christie just isn't playing for me and Jordan Clarke wants more first team games (shame he's not a CB in this) but has the worst average rating of any player in the squad.

Ben Maund has been handy in a pinch. Anyone got any signing recommendations?

Edit: just had my first game postponed due to waterlogged Sixfields, a sign of things to come?

skybluebeduff

Yes, so have the developers, that's why they have a demo available for download.

Sorry, music or movies I might agree, but I know too well what it costs to make a game like FM and the fact that the devs are not multi-millionaires. Had a friend who has had to move away because their company went bust due to excess piracy. Whole platforms have seen developer support disappear due to piracy (PSP, DS, Wii).

Football Manager has consistently been one of the best games out for decades, they deserve to get paid.

Anyway, on topic: I went out and bought this on Steam yesterday. Kept getting players sold out from under me so have sold players to Man City & Arsenal (handily managed by me also) and got a fair transfer kitty, but now no-one who is any good wants to come to me. I'm about midtable at the moment, January of the first season. Christie just isn't playing for me and Jordan Clarke wants more first team games (shame he's not a CB in this) but has the worst average rating of any player in the squad.

Ben Maund has been handy in a pinch. Anyone got any signing recommendations?

Edit: just had my first game postponed due to waterlogged Sixfields, a sign of things to come?

I fully agree, and I would be distraught if the gaming industry died due to piracy. I'm not a pirate of games, I only try the BETA versions so I know what to expect, and they're demos not the full game, but these torrent sites which have a lot of legal downloads on them, unfortunately, have illegal too. But the worlds cruel and the poorer get poorer, hence these sites, they have to steal, because money is not available in the lower end of this rich mans world.

woody11462

I just played Clarke at centre back and retrained him for the position too. Christie was woeful for me too. On the BETA version I played the new owner offered me some leverage for wages and I managed to give Wilson and Thomas new contracts.

I've also had a nightmare getting loans in, clubs not accepting my offers even though they aren't asking for a fee or wages.

frapalin

After buying the FM2013 game, I'm sure that I don't buy the game this year. The last game was too boring for me, I prefer to play with Fifa (but the CCFC jersey in Fifa doesn't have the sponsor, I like jersey with sponsorship) or Subbuteo...

Users who are viewing this thread