Fm 2014 (1 Viewer)

Hod dog

this for me has been the hardest FM of all time with cov, the embargo and no funds in first season is a killer.

Leon clarke got 29 goals and fleck is by far best player in League 1 on the game for me, but still came 16th, and like others have said i couldnt offer any new contracts becuase my takeover was no extra wages and £0 transfer budget.

so after losing Wilson Barton Thomas Christie Murphy Burge Gott (all 3 GK's) Manset Moussa and others i was left with 13 players in u21s and senior team.

i have brought in 4 season loans a couple of out f contract players like Prutton :(.

but have to admit a 41 year old Kevin Phillips is a goal machine in season 2 off the bench.

i cannot see how i will ever get out of this division but will keep going till i do.

ajsccfc

fleck is by far best player in League 1

Bosses the Championship too. He was swiped by Motherwell when I couldn't afford to renew before I got a chance to see how he'd fare in the top division sadly, but Leon Lobjoit did win PL young player of the month in the first month back.

ccfc92

Got it last night. Any advice on what to do straight away? Anyone worth flogging on now?

Hod dog

most important players to keep hold of, are john fleck, Leon Clarke, Leon Lobjoit and jordan Willis i have found (clarke left after two years when contract up)

cash in on christie, piss poor for me.

dont know about anybody else but third season now and still not aloud to offer new contracts to players until there contracts run out,(then cant guarentee they will come back, if you want them)

lewys33

I have bought the "handheld" version for my ipad, as my laptop wouldn't handle the full game if I bought it!

Handheld version is ok, obviously a lot more basic but does the job quite well! No embargo or admin, no money and playing at sixfields though.

Just completed the first season, came 6th and got promoted! All I did was signed Lee Cook for the left wing and then played with the rest of the usual team, took me 16 games to lose (bad spell at the end of the season dropped me to 6th)! Manset Clarke and Wilson are all good, Lobjoit is also very good. Lee Cook was amazing although injury prone.

Starting the championship season now, already looking bad as I still have no money, and nobody wants to sign for me!

ccfc92

most important players to keep hold of, are john fleck, Leon Clarke, Leon Lobjoit and jordan Willis i have found (clarke left after two years when contract up)

cash in on christie, piss poor for me.

dont know about anybody else but third season now and still not aloud to offer new contracts to players until there contracts run out,(then cant guarentee they will come back, if you want them)

It does look like a total ball ache. My normal start on fm 12, is get rid of all coaches and hire coaches that have good attributes. But obv no chance on this. What happens if you get promoted or play offs, will they let you sign players?

ajsccfc

Stayed up by the skin of my teeth, but then went straight up two seasons running. Struggling in the PL in the fourth season, Spurs were interested and the Cov supporter's spokesman said they'd be happy to see me go (ungrateful sods), so I went to Spurs and Cov then got relegated two seasons running. I hope that spokesman's happy with himself.

ccfc92

Stayed up by the skin of my teeth, but then went straight up two seasons running. Struggling in the PL in the fourth season, Spurs were interested and the Cov supporter's spokesman said they'd be happy to see me go (ungrateful sods), so I went to Spurs and Cov then got relegated two seasons running. I hope that spokesman's happy with himself.

Lmao :L money talks pal, even in the virtual world

covcity4life

PosInfTeamPldWonDrnLstForAgG.D.Pts
1stCCoventry46296119452+4293
2ndPCharlton46251387750+2788
3rdPlSheff Utd46259126941+2884
4thPlLeeds462313107555+2082
5thPlBristol City462111148670+1674
6thPlOxford461815136952+1769

what a season! love my tactic

covcity4life

yes another bump but i dont care, got 2nd place in championship yesterday with adam le fondre scoring 31 goals!

2 promotions in first 5 years is a personal best for me with cov, i usually need 7-8 years to get them to prem.

not one transfer either, all frees.

ericagradus

yes another bump but i dont care, got 2nd place in championship yesterday with adam le fondre scoring 31 goals!

2 promotions in first 5 years is a personal best for me with cov, i usually need 7-8 years to get them to prem.

not one transfer either, all frees.

Who did you get in?

covcity4life

Who did you get in?

adam le fondre upfront
got keogh back too

but mostly players aged 21-25,it 2019 in the game so i am not sure if they are real or not?

mark kennedy
danny o brien
jason denayer
tom lawrence
steve hewitt

basically i only bought players who had attributes to fit my formation, ie pacy wingers or tough battlers for centre mid.

Users who are viewing this thread