Footage from the march today (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I forgot to mention the Ribbons, they did look good. It would be something good to have there for a different type of match at the Ricoh too..

The video looks really good also, very professional with the text and the intros and the text etc :)

Glad it was also peaceful and from the footage I have seen in quite "good" spirits and there was no abuse of people going in, and vice versa.

I think it shows a thing like a march works and gets people onboard, but a boycott doesn't so gives more of an idea for action.

Last edited:

Bob Latchford

Hear hear .

ccfcdr

Hear Wat your saying about atotal boycott admin ...but I think a ten or 15 minute boycott at a live game then all and I mean all go in would be very affective my personal opinion

Nick

Administrator
Hear Wat your saying about atotal boycott admin ...but I think a ten or 15 minute boycott at a live game then all and I mean all go in would be very affective my personal opinion

It would be the same as last time though wouldn't it? It would just be as if some people were getting there a bit late .

NorthernWisdom

It would be the same as last time though wouldn't it? It would just be as if some people were getting there a bit late .

tbf it shows more imagination than just not going in. If you could have got all those on the protest and a few more in the ground to do that, it'd have been kind of interesting.

It ain't a boycott though ;) but it's at least doing something, rather than just sitting at home in my pants.

Nick

Administrator
tbf it shows more imagination than just not going in. If you could have got all those on the protest and a few more in the ground to do that, it'd have been kind of interesting.

It ain't a boycott though ;) but it's at least doing something, rather than just sitting at home in my pants.

That has already been tried though, one of the things that would only work if the game kicked off with no fans in there.

I think anything that involves people making a choice about missing their team play won't be as popular. Even if it is just 10 - 15 minutes.

ccfcdr

Possibly just with momentum at moment thought an idea with the game coming up
And totally agree cameras would have to see empty stand then fans coming in like you say can't tell people Wat to do

Nick

Administrator
And totally agree cameras would have to see empty stand then fans coming in like you say can't tell people Wat to do

The best way to do it for the Sky Game would be to make sure everybody sits under the cameras if they can. They will already be seeing the Telegraph stand when they pan round that's empty, the away stand will be quite empty.

If somehow the people in the main stand where the benches are could move round (I am not sure about ticketing, and with the ground being closed off between them) then we could hide those people. Then if people in the front 20 rows all move to the back of the stand it will look a lot emptier, and people still get to watch the game.

Pretty sure it could be manipulated somehow with how the cameras are positioned.

martcov

A march on a regular basis would be better because it brings people together. They can let off steam peacefully at the same time as showing that people are not happy. It would also be a social thing reminiscent of when the crowds used to walk up Primrose Hill Street together going to Highfield Road ( cutting through the park by Pork Chop Hill ). They still get to see the whole match that way.

NorthernWisdom

A march on a regular basis would be better because it brings people together. They can let off steam peacefully at the same time as showing that people are not happy. It would also be a social thing reminiscent of when the crowds used to walk up Primrose Hill Street together going to Highfield Road ( cutting through the park by Pork Chop Hill ). They still get to see the whole match that way.

tbh marching seems a bit unimaginative to me though.

Unless everyone has to do it on a space hopper or something.

Seamus1

Not sure about the logistics for this, but how about for a televised match, or indeed any home match as it will be on the (brief) highlights shows, if fans in the stand opposite the cameras were to somehow organise themselves to sit in a manner which would spell 'SISU OUT'? Then everybody cheer on the boys for the full 90 minutes. That might be a unique way of doing things and warrant some media attention (the arranging the seating to spell out a message bit, not necessarily the cheering the boys on bit)

Nick

Administrator

Things need to be fresh though, how many marches does it take before it is just a group of people walking that way to a game?

Here is an idea, I just googled Zombie Walk to get this image:

zombiewalk_2012-022.jpg

Imagine if everybody marching dressed up for a night game! ;)

Then it brought up a world record of "World's largest Zombie Walk" (it is 15,458 for the record, we wont beat that).

Then I thought, why not look up some really random World Records and try and beat one every game...

For example, largest gathering of fairies is 871 - http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-gathering-of-fairies
Skeletons is about 2000 - http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-gathering-of-skeletons
Elvis 895 - http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-gathering-of-elvis-impersonators
Elves - (possible for an xmas game) is 1762 - http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-gathering-of-santas-elves

Now, I dont think it will get SISU OUT, the same as I dont think the march today will.

What it will do is bring fans together, potentially raise money for charity and would also get publicity if that is what people want ;)

There are 1849 different records to choose from - http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/search?term=largest gathering

Break a record a game, easily! We can be world record holders!

How about this one - http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-gathering-of-people-with-moustaches

Most men with tashes, record is 1131. How about beating that in November for Movember........

Nick

Administrator
brilliant idea !

Works on every level. Can be headlined......"a little less conversation, a little more action"

Hoping that SISU leave the building

It won't make sisu go.

What it will do is actually be a bit of a laugh, maybe raise some money for charity if people have buckets etc and also still get media attention.

Break the world record, and it adds that extra bit as well.

Here is an interesting CCFC one for the Tim Fisher Quoters - http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-gathering-of-people-dressed-as-turkeys - 661 turkeys
Witches is 1607.

Could piss loads of them! Another thing is maybe means kids can get involved.

Would I want my kids on a march for example where it is quite an angry atmosphere with a lot of swearing? I doubt it!

However, get some fancy dress on the go and lighten the mood a little bit and it changes. The kids would enjoy getting dressed up, they wouldn't have to know the politics of it all would they? They are walking down the street dressed as a tree or something.

Links back with the Hartlepool fans as well and their smurfs.

Ashdown

That has already been tried though, one of the things that would only work if the game kicked off with no fans in there.

I think anything that involves people making a choice about missing their team play won't be as popular. Even if it is just 10 - 15 minutes.
Just shut up Nick, just shut up !!

Ashdown

Bit more than the negative 50 number I was hearing off here from certain people that talk down everything fans try to do now matter how small or big personally I wanted people to go in the game after 15 mins but hey ho didn't moan still supported the lads View attachment 5839
This looks good and thankfully some momentum is growing !

Ashdown

I do but your debate is generally based around a defence of the very cunts that have all but destroyed the club in a short 9 years ! When you stop that shit then I will engage you as someone who we can relate to.

Nick

Administrator
I do but your debate is generally based around a defence of the very cunts that have all but destroyed the club in a short 9 years ! When you stop that shit then I will engage you as someone who we can relate to.

No it isn't, it is based around the fact that a protest of going in 15 minutes late was done a few games ago and just looked as if people were coming in late (as a lot of people were). It is also fact that it will only work if you have everybody doing it. It is also fact that when fans are expected to choose whether to watch their team or not it isn't as popular (hence marches are popular).

What shit are you talking about? There was no defence at all, it was just talking with facts. Have a word with yourself, it's embarrassing. Rant rant rant with no actual substance, if somebody says something you don't like it's "ahh defending SISU" even though it actually wasn't.

Can it get back to the actual march / potential ideas for further marches / action?

Ashdown

I and I'm sure many others just want to see YOU admit /agree on here that our current owners { although not solely to blame for its historically parlous state } took over our football club with ambitions to PROFIT from it's advancement to a higher division and take significant remuneration from that success and that when that didn't happen after a few years have systemically cut the costs and assets of our club down to the point that we are almost worthless to any potential rescue bid. That they have alienated all of the very institutions around the City that they needed to keep on board with to stabilise and protect the club and that their unforced move to Northampton was nothing less than despicable spite that benefitted no one but............Wasps rugby club. Go on you just say that's how it has happened and we are in league ?? Over to you.?

Johnnythespider

What about sitting at the Ricoh in our pants, might have to wait for it to warm up a bit first though.

Nick

Administrator
I and I'm sure many others just want to see YOU admit /agree on here that our current owners { although not solely to blame for its historically parlous state } took over our football club with ambitions to PROFIT from it's advancement to a higher division and take significant remuneration from that success and that when that didn't happen after a few years have systemically cut the costs and assets of our club down to the point that we are almost worthless to any potential rescue bid. That they have alienated all of the very institutions around the City that they needed to keep on board with to stabilise and protect the club and that their unforced move to Northampton was nothing less than despicable spite that benefitted no one but............Wasps rugby club. Go on you just say that's how it has happened and we are in league ?? Over to you.?

OK, you can try and turn what was a half decent thread about the March and what could be done next into a Council / Wasps / SISU thread, as we don't have enough of those already do we?

You seem very angry because I said that walking in 15 minutes late has been tried, and it didn't work. Why is that?

For the record, there are plenty of posts about with my views about it all. Probably in the thousands. They are all there for public viewing.

Not really a need to take the thread onto the usual 50 pager with the same thing over and over.

Ashdown

No as usual you are dodging putting up a simple statement of agreement to the hard facts, If you don't it shows exactly where you are Mr Quisling !

Nick

Administrator
No as usual you are dodging putting up a simple statement of agreement to the hard facts, If you don't it shows exactly where you are Mr Quisling !

I'm not dodging anything. If I was I wouldn't spend hours discussing my views on a forum online, there for anybody to see, click on my profile and it will bring up a list of my posts. If they don't all agree with yours then I suggest you seek a bit of help or something as you clearly can't handle it.

Just don't see why you would want to take a half decent thread down the same path as usual? It is very strange. Have a pop over to the match thread, as you haven't bothered yet.

Ashdown

Nick its not hard, just see what I wrote and agree or disagree.................You see, I think you won't because you are that Quisling, that incredible traitor that feels we should all blindly follow your hedge fund. Apologies if I'm wrong but you can't just type the words can you ?? I'd have more respect if you just admitted where you are on it all ? Don't those pictures of people in their nineties and kids in pushchairs pull on your heart strings or do you think lining the pockets of a hedge fund mean more ?

Nick

Administrator
Nick its not hard, just see what I wrote and agree or disagree.................You see, I think you won't because you are that Quisling, that incredible traitor that feels we should all blindly follow your hedge fund. Apologies if I'm wrong but you can't just type the words can you ?? I'd have more respect if you just admitted where you are on it all ? Don't those pictures of people in their nineties and kids in pushchairs pull on your heart strings or do you think lining the pockets of a hedge find mean more ?

What are you talking about now?

Pulling on my heart string for what? Do you mean while I was sat at the game with my own kid, after sitting at games as a kid myself.

It isn't as clear cut as you make out but of course SISU are to blame for a hell of a lot and I'd swap them tomorrow for somebody to come in and make everything better again.

You are a bit embarrassing, "my hedge fund". Traitor? I don't feel anybody should follow anybody, you are the one trying to get me to say things you want to hear. People should be making up their own minds and having their own views on it all rather than what other people tell them to think.

People know where I am on it. We have been speaking about where each other are on it for years, day in, day out.

Doesn't a quisling have to collaborate with enemies? I suggest there are plenty of others you could aim that at in this whole mess, but sadly I'm not one of them. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Still, you could try and turn every thread into the same old discussion if you want but why would you want to?

Last edited:

Ashdown

Yeah I know all that and I agree others are culpable but I just asked you to agree with that simple paragraph of history and actual events ? I just don't know why you can't even agree with that, it's not too detailed but highlights a bunch of outsiders { finance people from Mayfair } brought in by an unscrupulous c**t { RR } who thought they could all profit from CCFC but when it failed decided to capitalise in any which way they could ? By not condemning these scum you are collaborating ?

Through all this debate I know you are a good lad and a loyal SKY BLUE, its not personal but you are head of this leading City site and many take comradeship from such boards !

Nick

Administrator
Yeah I know all that and I agree others are culpable but I just asked you to agree with that simple paragraph of history and actual events ? I just don't know why you can't even agree with that, it's not too detailed but highlights a bunch of outsiders { finance people from Mayfair } brought in by an unscrupulous c**t { RR } who thought they could all profit from CCFC but when it failed decided to capitalise in any which way they could ? By not condemning these scum you are collaborating ?

Through all this debate I know you are a good lad and a loyal SKY BLUE, its not personal but you are head of this leading City site and many take comradeship from such boards !

Are you going to back up the whole stuff about me collaborating with anybody?

I run a CCFC forum yes, a place where people can share their opinions and views and have debates on things.

Ashdown

So there we go again, a quick diversion and you won't actually answer a straight question again because essentially you are in support of the very cunts that are taking the club apart bit by bit and all too soon when they cast off their legal eagle wigs will dump us up the creak without a paddle and they won't look back because lets face it , the money squandered will not be Joy and Tim's but a bunch of faceless investors and our 134 year old football club will be history ! You and them are a big let down Nick !

Users who are viewing this thread