Forget promotion (1 Viewer)

stupot07

I dont give 2 hoots about 'on paper' this bunch of players aren't good enough and do not possess the characteristics required to get promotion.

Evans020

I'll wait and see who the new manager is and how his first 4-5 games go then I think we will know

DanishCovLad

Totally agree. We are probably the most unsteady team in the UK and have been for ages. I actually thought we had a very decent squad for league 1 but oh well. I think the problem is if we dont get promoted in the 1st season we're gonna lose a lot of players etc and its gonna get very difficult to get promoted. In a few years we will turn into a regular league one team.

Grendel

No it's not looking good. I promise this will be the last dig at thorn but even this eye for talent is nonsense.

At least half the players recruited are hugely suspect and a couple of the others very average at best. His flagship signing of last season is a flop with an appalling chance to conversion ratio.

His lacklustre management style has created apathy and lack of desire and purpose throughout the squad

It will take months if not years to repair the damage he has done.

It's a disaster.

ccfc92

We will be lucky to get mid-table. UNLESS we get a manager, who can manage! A Nigel Adkins figure, but I highly doubt we will get someone with his ability

Astute

No it's not looking good. I promise this will be the last dig at thorn but even this eye for talent is nonsense.

At least half the players recruited are hugely suspect and a couple of the others very average at best. His flagship signing of last season is a flop with an appalling chance to conversion ratio.

His lacklustre management style has created apathy and lack of desire and purpose throughout the squad

It's a disaster.

We have gone to pot since he left. In 90 mins we have drawn 2 and lost 1. We have alledgedly having players giving the finger to us fans.

We need a strong manager to take over ASAP

Grendel

We have gone to pot since he left. In 90 mins we have drawn 2 and lost 1. We have alledgedly having players giving the finger to us fans.

We need a strong manager to take over ASAP

The last one we drew was allegedly the best performance in years. According to the radio Hussey did nothing but give a fist salute when he scored. The main problem is the players signed look poor.

Otis

I dont give 2 hoots about 'on paper' this bunch of players aren't good enough and do not possess the characteristics required to get promotion.

Totally agree.

We need a top class manager to take these players anywhere.

From what I have seen so far and the amount of times we have struggled, I would say we look more likely to go down than make the top 6.

Diehard Si

Stop panicking FFS. We've got a new manager on the way. The players have proven they can perform against Brum and in patches.

We have good players, they are just playing REALLY badly.

kg82

Yeah, pretty sure nobody cares about this cup. Bad performance. So what, we haven't got a manager. Form changes through the season, which is a marathon, not a sprint. I'll see who we get in and then I'll give them time.

hill83

The last one we drew was allegedly the best performance in years. According to the radio Hussey did nothing but give a fist salute when he scored. The main problem is the players signed look poor.

Yeah, he did a fist pump. He was also clapped. Nothing sinister at all.
But yeah, I'm writing the season off already.

Nick

Administrator
The players have the skill as seen against Brum which is what is annoying. Last season you could see in spells when we would take the lead we had the quality.

We need something mentally to happen, can they not go to a hypnotherapist or something?

We need passion and fight.

It doesnt matter if it was the JPT, tonight it looked like a friendly (from both sides) with how relaxed it was, we should have been busting a gut to win.

stupot07

The players have the skill as seen against Brum which is what is annoying. Last season you could see in spells when we would take the lead we had the quality.

We need something mentally to happen, can they not go to a hypnotherapist or something?

It doesnt matter if it was the JPT, tonight it looked like a friendly (from both sides) with how relaxed it was, we should have been busting a gut to win.

And that's the point we don't have enough of those players/characters in the squad - we have Jennings..........and that's it.

Diehard Si

Hypnotherapy? They just need a bloody manager!!

Nick

Administrator
I always wonder if it was to kick off who would be the first to throw a punch, i reckon jennings!

wingy

This club is rotten to the core..there is chasm between the owners and players ,and between players and fans .Disharmony ,Dissaray,Despair,Despondancy,Dereliction of Duty=Defeat.

Sky Blue Sheepy

I wouldn't write the whole season off quite yet - how many teams have started badly then snuck their way up the table and won the playoffs. We're not on a great run and the last 2 games have been shite, but there are players like Barton, Jennings etc with quality we need. Say what you want about Hussey for example - not great atm but I've seen him play brilliantly, just cheer them on and see who the new boss is...

cmoncity

Ive never felt like nodding off during a game until tnite.bloody awful no desire to be better either very worrying.carso shawsy thanks but lads you aint the ones for the job.richard wood worrys me always seems to get skinned.sheffers must be shown the door and baker should play in the middle not out wide.and why does cody keep getting subbed? anyone notice carso and shawsy were hardly saying anything to the players from the touchline.maybe cuz they dont no how to fix it

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's a disaster.
You post like a true clown once again

The owners and previous clowns like Brody and Delieu have done 95% of this damage to us

Sbruus

May i remind that we are 4 games into a season? If we a few in a row you lot saying "we wont go up, we're crap ect ect" will be jumping for joy proclaiming we'll beat the gooners. relax I'm sure things will be alot better by may!

LJC_CCFC

The shocking lack of tactics is the problem, the dinosaur formation that is 4-4-2 does not work, we play neither long ball or passing football, shaw blew any chance he had of getting the job by doing nothing different tactically with the players, he just sent them out with no aim, direction or game plan. This squad is still good enough for promotion but it needs to be combined with a manager who can organize the team and give them direction. At least with thorn and Aidy we had a game plan, currently the players don't know what to do with the ball

dongonzalos

Would have really fancied it, if we had not have pratted around sacking the manager. Creating uncertainty, instability and unnecessary change..

Think it will happen with this lot once the new manager gets 5 or 6 games under his belt.

Last edited:

scroobiustom

...the power of positive thinking

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Ive never felt like nodding off during a game until tnite.bloody awful no desire to be better either very worrying.carso shawsy thanks but lads you aint the ones for the job.richard wood worrys me always seems to get skinned.sheffers must be shown the door and baker should play in the middle not out wide.and why does cody keep getting subbed? anyone notice carso and shawsy were hardly saying anything to the players from the touchline.maybe cuz they dont no how to fix it

Carso and Shawsy?? WTF? Are they you mates or summat? Call them by their proper names. CARSLEY AND SHAW! It's all this "buddy naming" that has got the team where it is. No fu**in' discipline in the squad! Too pally!

Grendel

You post like a true clown once again

The owners and previous clowns like Brody and Delieu have done 95% of this damage to us

Delieu certainly. Long term contracts to deadwood players.

Remind me, who appointed thorn as full time manager?

psgm1

Banned
To imply Thorn had NOTHING to do with relegation is MADNESS. Shaw is merely trying to show solidarity for Thorn by using his tactic tgo PROVE it was wrong to sack him! Unfortunately, the diamond was played against Crewe, and was finally laid to rest as a useless formation. Then as Shaw is not a manager (hoiwever much he would like to be) went to what he played at Coventry. Unfortunately again, this hasn't worked!

When you cannot beat Burton Albion (similar to Bedworth Utd) in full 90 minutes and have to take LOTS of penalties to win, you cannot claim the side is good enough to get promotion!

This is the real legacy of Thorn, from a lower-mid championship team to a low level League 1 team. Don't give me excuses - these are HIS players. These were on HIS list. Thorn is responsible for this shower!

Get used to crowds of 6-7k as if this continues, and SISU wont go, all they will have are the ST holders and away fans! Forget roll up fans on the day - no one is going to go out of their way and pay championship prices for this crap!

stupot07

I agree we should be beating Burton but the only similarity they have to Bedworth is that they both begin with the letter B.

skyblueman

To imply Thorn had NOTHING to do with relegation is MADNESS. Shaw is merely trying to show solidarity for Thorn by using his tactic tgo PROVE it was wrong to sack him! Unfortunately, the diamond was played against Crewe, and was finally laid to rest as a useless formation. Then as Shaw is not a manager (hoiwever much he would like to be) went to what he played at Coventry. Unfortunately again, this hasn't worked!

When you cannot beat Burton Albion (similar to Bedworth Utd) in full 90 minutes and have to take LOTS of penalties to win, you cannot claim the side is good enough to get promotion!

This is the real legacy of Thorn, from a lower-mid championship team to a low level League 1 team. Don't give me excuses - these are HIS players. These were on HIS list. Thorn is responsible for this shower!

Get used to crowds of 6-7k as if this continues, and SISU wont go, all they will have are the ST holders and away fans! Forget roll up fans on the day - no one is going to go out of their way and pay championship prices for this crap!

If this continues SISU will go - the losses will be huge

skybluedaze

I think the team is good enough. A few week links at the moment, but hopefully the new manager will sort them out. The Brum game showed what the team is capable of. Negativity is still at the heart of the club i fear and needs ripping out.

Users who are viewing this thread