Forum for City fans that live away from Cov (3 Viewers)

Richard Smith

hi all i am living in Ely now about 20 miles from Cambridge out in the fens. I am a cov kid tho was born in walsgrave hospital (not that it looks much like the place i was born now) have been a cov fan all my life and always will be. i have got a season ticket but unfortanly due to work comitments dont get down as often as i would like but never mind.

PLAY UP SKY BLUES :D

colin101

Hi, live in Hlesowen but brought up in and around Coventry, started going when we played home games on Friday nights in the early sixties. Still have a season ticket and belive that one day we will return to our former glory. Once met a Coventry fan Cork whilst on holiday in St Jean De Monts, France. His reason for supporting Coventry was Gerry Daly, great days

lifeskybluea

Live in Leicester....5 kids (four of them foxes.... but youngest Sky Blue). season ticket holder and go with son and dad. Occasional away games. fFar for the future of the game and especially medium and smaller clubs, when so many youngsters wear the red of Manchester or Liverpool, the blue of chelsea and increasingly the white of Spurs

hitmanhearns

I´m swedish and actually live in Laponia or Lappland in the north of Sweden, been supporting Cov since the semi against Leeds in 87 they showed that game on the telly and then the final, I started at the top so to speak but it´s been downhill from there
Been to Highfield rd, it was a special place and a special time in my life, never been to the ricoh though ,hope to go some day.

There is a swedish supporters club with about 50 members, there used to be a scandinavian club aswell but it was disbanded in about ´98 it had about 100 members.

PUSB

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Can't believe how many CCFC fans there are that don't live in Cov! It gives me (and I'm sure many others) great heart to see so many supporters carrying the name of the Sky Blues around the world!
:welcome: everyone!!!! Has anyone got any pics of themselves (or others) wearing a City Top anywhere in the world? This would make a great thread!

Jimthor

Once upon a time, i wore a Cov shirt whilst in Crinkley Bottom meeting Mr Blobby. Really.

198463_10150534875680442_561860441_17813704_2818453_n.jpg

ccfc_mong

Currently live in Aberystwyth, wales, at university here although that draws to a close soon. I'll more than likely end up with a job in Cardiff since It actually a nice place :) Dont get back for many games anymore although im subscribed to SBW for updates and always listen to match coverage.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I used to go to boarding school in Banbury (Oxfordshire) where each student is kind of given a mentor like member of staff, my one just so happened to support Coventry. It started off as a game here and there for me and some of the lads but soon become every home game and whatever away ones we could get too. This must have been 6 years or so ago when Peter Reid got dismissed and we were manager less. So to sum it up I haven't had an awful lot to cheer about so far but the way I see it, that just makes it that much more exciting when we do well and ultimately makes us more passionate fans ! I am originally from Norwich but for some reason I'v never took to them, seeing all those all my friends and watching them saddos in yellow walking round the city just annoyed me ! (maybe its because my dad supports wolves... who knows) I remember one day though just sitting down before a game in an almost empty Highfield Road and just feeling dead at home... Since then i'v come to the conclusion that the club chooses you ! not the other way around.... it may not always be an easy ride but I love my club regardless !

Last edited:

Mark Cooper

Born in Coventry but moved away 18 years ago to sunny Cornwall. Get to a home game when I can but haven't made it this season.

oakey

I live in Halesowen also but Cov born and bred. Season ticket holder at the Ricoh and get to odd away game too.
I do see some City kits around here sometimes and one of the youth team coaches, can't remember his name, lives this way too.

PUSB

doodlebug

I was born in Cov, moved away when I was 2 (or so I am told).... My dad and most of his relatives are/were ardent city fans, so my football following path was already laid out for me. Now I live in Worthing (near Brighton). Don't get to go to many games but always try to take my 2 boys when I go. Not having much luck converting them though, one is Man U, the other is Spurs..... never mind, they may come to their senses when they get older :D

I thought it would be good to see how many City fans are out there that don't live in Cov, either moved for work or perhaps family reasons or whatever. Where do you now live? Have you always lived there and just support Cov coz you like them? Or are you a die-hard City fan anyway - born and bred?
Personally, I now live on the Isle of Wight. I retired through ill health (survived 3 serious heart attacks and also diabetic!) My missus has also now retired so we decided why retire and stay in Tile Hill? Why not retire and live by the sea? So we upped and moved and haven't looked back.
I know there are LOADS of fans out there who live away - not just in the UK either - so come on! Tell us where you are and a little bit about yourself. Let's make this particular thread one for the "away" fans!!
Was this your first thread?

Otis

I thought it would be good to see how many City fans are out there that don't live in Cov, either moved for work or perhaps family reasons or whatever. Where do you now live? Have you always lived there and just support Cov coz you like them? Or are you a die-hard City fan anyway - born and bred?
Personally, I now live on the Isle of Wight. I retired through ill health (survived 3 serious heart attacks and also diabetic!) My missus has also now retired so we decided why retire and stay in Tile Hill? Why not retire and live by the sea? So we upped and moved and haven't looked back.
I know there are LOADS of fans out there who live away - not just in the UK either - so come on! Tell us where you are and a little bit about yourself. Let's make this particular thread one for the "away" fans!!
I am home, but will soon be away. Cov kid through and through, lived here all my life, but moving down to Kent in the next few months.

Bugsy

If you don’t live in cov how are you a city fan?

U really are a dogs fuck toy ain't ya boosh Always craving attention with ur controversial posts.

Houchens Head

ent you a Liverpool fan?
I like Liverpool, Eire, Newport (IW) and have started following Malvern, but I was born and raised in Coventry 68 years ago. First match was versus Huddersfield in 1964. I was a steward at Highfield Rd for 4 years in the 90's. So what have you done in your 12 years? What school do you attend?

Bugsy

You're treading on thin ice pal. Be careful!

HH the fuck puppet is not worth the reaction mate, I only respond to let him know what I think. He will cry hypocritical tears soon and get banned again.

Houchens Head

HH the fuck puppet is not worth the reaction mate, I only respond to let him know what I think. He will cry hypocritical tears soon and get banned again.
I've blocked the twat now anyway, Bugsy. Cheers for the heads up.

CDK

From Leamington originally,moved to London early 80s with ex wife then moved to Brighton 90s and still there.
Still a season ticket holder love the club and this current squad .but also love my life on the coast.

Sick Boy

From Leamington originally,moved to London early 80s with ex wife then moved to Brighton 90s and still there.
Still a season ticket holder love the club and this current squad .but also love my life on the coast.
Lived in Brighton for 13 years apart from a couple of years in between in Deptford - best place in England by a long way.

EalingSB

Nice thread @Houchens Head. I’m a Tile Hill lad, went to Leeds for uni, back to Cov (played football with @clint van damme and had some good away days - Ipswich stands out as part of a stag weekend).

Moved to London in 2001, met my future wife and settled in Ealing before moving to Switzerland in 2012. Listen to every phone-in, pod and watch every match on iFollow while trying to get back (in normal times) for about 8 games a season. Currently recovering from ACL surgery but hoping to get back for Sheff U in March.

I’ve met four other Cov fans in the Geneva area and keep trying to have another pint with @tokyojim.

Users who are viewing this thread