Forum.. (2 Viewers)

lifelongcityfan

How are new owners going to do it? They won't start on £0 debt and investments will be loans adding more debt to the club.

New owners will start with the debt= value they have agreed to pay for the club. The 70 m is owed to sisu only, they will have to write that off once the enemy is forced out A decent investor will actually invest in the right areas and grow the club, onfield and off, and realise the potential;

All SISU ( HEDGE FUND) are interested in is grabbing assets at low value and selling at a profit

If you think otherwise, you are sweetly deluded.

SkyblueBazza

I would prefer to be in leics shoes...debt same as ours still with a chance of prem and a good standard of football with decent gates and own their own ground

us???? same debt (75m), owners obsessed with suing every company that has any dealing with us ,no ambitions on the playing side of things ( steven Prssley -- prime example) and doesnt give a shit about the fans##

what is your soution?

That's harsh...Pressley (& others) was interviewed by them -were YOU there?

lifelongcityfan

That's harsh...Pressley (& others) was interviewed by them -were YOU there?

Not at all impressed by Pressley...seen every game under his management.

if you think he is the way forward, I sincerely hope you are right!!

Pressley + youth team..which by the way TF told me last weeek they would happily sell any player worth a fee

stupot07

New owners will start with the debt= value they have agreed to pay for the club. A decent investor will actually invest in the right areas and grow the club, onfield and off, and realise the potentia;

All SISU ( HEDGE FUND) are interested in is grabbing assets at low value and selling at a profit

If you think otherwise, you are sweetly deluded.

I know what hedge funds do.

How much do you think a new owner would need to invest?

Bluegloucester

How are new owners going to do it? They won't start on £0 debt and investments will be loans adding more debt to the club.

I would welcome new owners, but I don't advocate the A.B.S (anyone but sisu) stance that I see the nopm campaign as representing.

I understand that, but it won't be £70m

lifelongcityfan

highest price the administrator will sell for..TF is clearly worried that the administration is not going all his way...listen to tonights forum

wingy

Not sure, I know they they're losing £15.5m per annum before player transfers.

They paid either £17 or£19M for their "Stadium" Ie;- Pitch side after the pension fund that enabled their build had received around 50% from build to now so recouping the full construction cost , Barr the amount they cheated the Contractor out of
We have Paid £ 8.4M. since move in . o
On the basis of their deal we would need to pay Higgs '£6-8M....The mortgage at £15M. and the Councils input £10M. +a little more just to have the ground Element.

stupot07

They paid either £17 or£19M for their "Stadium" Ie;- Pitch side after the pension fund that enabled their build had received around 50% from build to now so recouping the full construction cost , Barr the amount they cheated the Contractor out of
We have Paid £ 8.4M. since move in . o
On the basis of their deal we would need to pay Higgs '£6-8M....The mortgage at £15M. and the Councils input £10M. +a little more just to have the ground Element.

Then potentially £24m for the F&B'S off Compass.

stupot07

And what about les reid's tweet in march

In 2006, leading council people suggested to me its #ACL stadium half-share would cost £80m to £100m!! Sources say £40m now

wingy

Then potentially £24m for the F&B'S off Compass.

I think someone has misconstrued the figures and Compass have invested £4M. for a 25% stake in a joint Company with ACL . IEC ltd.

The figure of £24M. was quoted by Daniel Gidney at the outset of communication which may?? have also required an annual rent payment of circa £500k.?? that I believe was for the outright purchase of ACL.

Bluegloucester

I think someone has misconstrued the figures and Compass have invested £4M. for a 25% stake in a joint Company with ACL . IEC ltd.

The figure of £24M. was quoted by Daniel Gidney at the outset of communication which may?? have also required an annual rent payment of circa £500k.?? that I believe was for the outright purchase of ACL.
This is correct

stupot07

Dunno, however compass's deal was worth £125m but that includes the hotel,exhibition centre, etc.....who knows how much they paid for that or how much was for F&B'S.

http://m.catererandhotelkeeper.co.uk/Article.aspx?cat=news&id=326945

Not sure about the £500k....wasn't that on CCSLC minutes?

SkyblueBazza

Not at all impressed by Pressley...seen every game under his management.

if you think he is the way forward, I sincerely hope you are right!!

Pressley + youth team..which by the way TF told me last weeek they would happily sell any player worth a fee

Not saying you are wrong or right...just far too soon to judge him. Not sure given the present circumstances of the club when exactly would be the best time to judge him. Failure on the pitch would easily be accredited to the mess off it - success...everybody off the pitch would claim as much of the credit as they could.

wingy

Not saying you are wrong or right...just far too soon to judge him. Not sure given the present circumstances of the club when exactly would be the best time to judge him. Failure on the pitch would easily be accredited to the mess off it - success...everybody off the pitch would claim as much of the credit as they could.

I agree with that Sentiment Bazza ,but likewise I have serious reservations,don't know why ,gut feeling .Slightly suspicious of the SISU motive when making the appointment and acceptance of it given the scenario at that time, coupled with the length of it.:confused:

Mr T - Sukka!

TF said he is looking at grounds in the West Midlands to ground share.

Could a Freedom of information request to West Midlands police reveal which grounds they are? Or at least check an application has been logged.

The police would want to know where 5k (if there are that many willing to go.) fans would be heading off to.

letsallsingtogether

only 3 grounds in the west midlands within the 25 miles or so walsall, brum and villa.
will only have to pay rent on one corner at Walsall half an end at blues and 1 row at Vile so make sure your not sitting in my seat
mind you at least they will get a sellout against wolves they will fill the grouind

jas365

I listened to it on the radio tonight, and I thought there were a couple of major errors by Fisher (and the other guy whose name escapes me) that weren't really followed up by anyone.

Firstly, when he was asking the academy kid who paid his wages last month, this is completely irrelevant to the point that was being made. The lad said that his payslip (as presumably was his P60) was from CCFC Ltd and not from Holdings. This means that his wages (and tax/Ni) are submitted to HMRC through Ltd. The question of who paid his wages matters not one iota, if Holdings paid his wages the cash would be trasnferred via an inter-company account on the balance sheet, but the wage cost itself is in Ltd. I could have paid his wages myself but the cost is still in Ltd (as we already know from the last submitted accounts).

Secondly, when the accountant was talking about where the GS is and the company name and reg no. he said that the name can change but the number can't (which is correct). The FL annual return submitted in June last year shows tha the GS is in company no. 03056875, which is Ltd. the reg no. of Holdings is 00094305.

Thirdly, when he said the accounts were a "mess" I didn't hear anyone ask him about the turnover of Ltd being £10.2m in 2011? As with the PAYE, any turnover included in the accounts must be submitted on the VAT returns for that company. I assume these were reconciled when the 2011 accounts were prepared (as is common practice) and agreed. So if this turnover was for Holdings, have all the VAT returns been submitted incorrectly?

I will be at Mondays forum and am hoping to get the chance to address these points to Mr Fisher.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on here already, but 5 mins before the forum went on air, Stuart Linnell told everyone over the mic that he'd signed the Keep City in Coventry petition and told Fisher we had better start the season at the Ricoh or else, which was met with a lot of applause and cheering. This was told to me by someone who was there tonight.

georgehudson

372 replies to this post in less than 5 hours, says it all,
& let alone the other threads on this minority site (SL),
though i think the penny might have finally dropped there,
fact - less than 1% of fans want sisu at OUR club

georgehudson

& spoke to someone who went tonight who's mates are going tomorrow,
should make very interesting listening,
shame sisu couldn't have the broadcasting rights etc.,
would probably be worth more than several seasons F & B

dongonzalos

Originally Posted by Grendel:
The football league are clueless and we now know the legal case it's in holdings is a strong one.

Why do we now know that?

georgehudson

if you write down the letters of the alphabet & put 1 as A, 2 as B, etc.,
for grendel,
then i reckon the equation is,
+13, -11, +4, -5, +4, 0, +6,
= tfisher

J

Jack Griffin

Next forum someone should ask if there is any debt in any SBS&L group companies which are loans charging interest & if so how much and to who.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd like to say fair play to him for turning up and attempting to answer the questions. Everyone's immediate reaction when he said he planned to hold a number of fan forums were that they didn't have a chance of happening.

Flying Fokker

Tbh I've never heard of Compass having a stake in ACL. Is that the case.

Flying Fokker

I listened to it on the radio tonight, and I thought there were a couple of major errors by Fisher (and the other guy whose name escapes me) that weren't really followed up by anyone.

Firstly, when he was asking the academy kid who paid his wages last month, this is completely irrelevant to the point that was being made. The lad said that his payslip (as presumably was his P60) was from CCFC Ltd and not from Holdings. This means that his wages (and tax/Ni) are submitted to HMRC through Ltd. The question of who paid his wages matters not one iota, if Holdings paid his wages the cash would be trasnferred via an inter-company account on the balance sheet, but the wage cost itself is in Ltd. I could have paid his wages myself but the cost is still in Ltd (as we already know from the last submitted accounts).

Secondly, when the accountant was talking about where the GS is and the company name and reg no. he said that the name can change but the number can't (which is correct). The FL annual return submitted in June last year shows tha the GS is in company no. 03056875, which is Ltd. the reg no. of Holdings is 00094305.

Thirdly, when he said the accounts were a "mess" I didn't hear anyone ask him about the turnover of Ltd being £10.2m in 2011? As with the PAYE, any turnover included in the accounts must be submitted on the VAT returns for that company. I assume these were reconciled when the 2011 accounts were prepared (as is common practice) and agreed. So if this turnover was for Holdings, have all the VAT returns been submitted incorrectly?

I will be at Mondays forum and am hoping to get the chance to address these points to Mr Fisher.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on here already, but 5 mins before the forum went on air, Stuart Linnell told everyone over the mic that he'd signed the Keep City in Coventry petition and told Fisher we had better start the season at the Ricoh or else, which was met with a lot of applause and cheering. This was told to me by someone who was there tonight.

It was all very random. A game of Roulette has better odds than being selected to ask a question. People really need to talk to Stuart Linnell beforehand. The questions came from all areas and were selected in an equitable way. But, like I alluded to, people need to speak to Geoff Foster or Stuart Linnell. Get there about 6:30 and speak to BBC/ seek either out?

Yes Stuart Linnell did say that before the start. He was professional. Not sure i remember the depth of applause but it was certainly acknowledged It would be interesting to hear what he thinks. Also remembering that people like the accountant would have benefitted from Stuart's professional and supportive style.

Last edited:

stupot07

They do not have a strong case, that is Fisher's spin.

Of course they have a strong case - player contracts and registrations, payments from football league, payments from PL, tv rights payments, provided all funding for the football club, has the academy, has the training ground, etc. football league assisting then with finding a ground share,

By allowing the player contracts and reg's in holdings and making payments to holdings they have legitimised holdings case. It doesn't mean they would any case but it is a strong one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread