Forum.. (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Thanks for taking the time to post that, shame he had to cut it short by 40 minutes, was there any reason that the accounts/finance guy couldn't have continued. I'm disturbed that you think we might fold.

Well the two of them were sat in the bar afterwards. I left around 10.15 and they were both still there then.

ajsccfc

Is everyone listening to the second one tonight? I'm not sure as I can't imagine what new ground there is to cover.

SkyBlueScottie

Not read the thread but here are my thoughts on the evening.

Fisher and the other guy first of all deserve some praise for showing up and fighting their corner (some might say the football clubs corner) There was throughout the evening a bit of swerve and flannell for us, however as the night wore on especially when listening about the state of clubs admin (paperwork) I do believe what they said was correct and I would say the majority of the room did as these points were left unchallenged.

It's clear to me and others that there has been a monumental cock up with the football league and the clubs registration, the football club believe this is due to the fact that the football league do not record company numbers therefore they mistakenly allotted the golden share to Coventry City Football Club Ltd. Interestingly this is shown up further when the club announced they had registered a junior player under Holdings and the football league rejected this despite all of the other players being registered under Holdings.

So what happens from here? For me, if somebody else buys ltd, and passes the fit and proper tests, and also announces they have an agreement to play at the Ricoh and the Football League agree to provide the golden share. SISU I believe will have a case to take legal action against the Football League, personally I cant see the Football League allowing this to happen and will recognise Holdings as the Football club.

wal3590

My question is if it is not possible to stay at the Ricoh because of fair play rules as we have no revenues, surely in the 3 years we are ground sharing these rules will still apply and we will still have no revenue streams meaning the squad will have to make massive cuts which could lead us dropping even lower to League 2 and further?

simple_simon

If I was going again tonight I want to hear why he cut short the Forum to go to another Important meeting, yet sat talking and drinking in the Hotel bar till 10pm?

wingy

Not read the thread but here are my thoughts on the evening.

Fisher and the other guy first of all deserve some praise for showing up and fighting their corner (some might say the football clubs corner) There was throughout the evening a bit of swerve and flannell for us, however as the night wore on especially when listening about the state of clubs admin (paperwork) I do believe what they said was correct and I would say the majority of the room did as these points were left unchallenged.

It's clear to me and others that there has been a monumental cock up with the football league and the clubs registration, the football club believe this is due to the fact that the football league do not record company numbers therefore they mistakenly allotted the golden share to Coventry City Football Club Ltd. Interestingly this is shown up further when the club announced they had registered a junior player under Holdings and the football league rejected this despite all of the other players being registered under Holdings.

So what happens from here? For me, if somebody else buys ltd, and passes the fit and proper tests, and also announces they have an agreement to play at the Ricoh and the Football League agree to provide the golden share. SISU I believe will have a case to take legal action against the Football League, personally I cant see the Football League allowing this to happen and will recognise Holdings as the Football club.
Pretty sure OSB has posted on here ,possibly this morning that the Company number the FL have applied the share to is the correct one and resides with LTD.

lordsummerisle

Next forum someone should ask if there is any debt in any SBS&L group companies which are loans charging interest & if so how much and to who.

You lot may be shrewd businessmen and top accountants.

Me I'm just a simple fan, but it strikes me that none of you b*****rs will ever be happy about CCFC no matter what happens.
rolleyes.png

lordsummerisle

If I was going again tonight I want to hear why he cut short the Forum to go to another Important meeting, yet sat talking and drinking in the Hotel bar till 10pm?

He drank til 10pm? On a school night? Total bastard.

Think that's the most important question out of any possible questions about the state of the club to be honest.

Forget those mugs asking the debt, the administration, where we're going to play, ACL, the Academy, the Football League.

You get him on this one, and he's finished.

ajsccfc

jD7ul26.jpg

So I went into a chemist and said 'have you got any Brylcreem?'

Chemist said 'we have, but it's not that good'

lordsummerisle

jD7ul26.jpg

So I went into a chemist and said 'have you got any Brylcreem?'

Chemist said 'we have, but it's not that good'

After his initial success with "Walking in the Air", Aled Jones fell onto hard times, being reduced to gigs at Fans Forums across the country.

fernandopartridge

Yeah, one of his compadres was getting the round in. I'd probably find that more important than being shouted at.

Warwickhunt

'Two turkeys don't an eagle make'!!! Ffs
is TF Eric Cantona in diguise???:jerkit:
:jerkit: :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

SkyBlueScottie

My question is if it is not possible to stay at the Ricoh because of fair play rules as we have no revenues, surely in the 3 years we are ground sharing these rules will still apply and we will still have no revenue streams meaning the squad will have to make massive cuts which could lead us dropping even lower to League 2 and further?

There are ways around FFP, eg look at Man City and their ground naming agreement, obviously we cant rename the Ricoh or wherever we play bu there is currently a space say on the front of the shirts....

Pretty sure OSB has posted on here ,possibly this morning that the Company number the FL have applied the share to is the correct one and resides with LTD.

Sisu are saying the Football league applied it incorrectly in the first place upon coming back to the Football League.

For Instance say Holdings Ltd is number 1 and Ltd is 2.

The Coventry City Football Club Ltd became Holdings ltd, therefore in effect company 1 was renamed. Coventry City Football Club Ltd was formed I believe circa 95. From my memory the club are saying the Football League presumed CCFC Ltd and The Coventry City Football Club are the same company and because they don't track Company numbers this error did not become clear to them. I also believe Coventry City Football Club Holdings Ltd was registered as a founding member of the Premier League.

Apologies if that is incorrect however it's so hard keeping track of it all.

Bluegloucester

There are ways around FFP, eg look at Man City and their ground naming agreement, obviously we cant rename the Ricoh or wherever we play bu there is currently a space say on the front of the shirts....

Sisu are saying the Football league applied it incorrectly in the first place upon coming back to the Football League.

For Instance say Holdings Ltd is number 1 and Ltd is 2.

The Coventry City Football Club Ltd became Holdings ltd, therefore in effect company 1 was renamed. Coventry City Football Club Ltd was formed I believe circa 95. From my memory the club are saying the Football League presumed CCFC Ltd and The Coventry City Football Club are the same company and because they don't track Company numbers this error did not become clear to them. I also believe Coventry City Football Club Holdings Ltd was registered as a founding member of the Premier League.

Apologies if that is incorrect however it's so hard keeping track of it all.
In 1996 the club applied to the PL for a transfer of all football related assets to CCFC Ltd from CCFC Holdings, this was approved and documented. I have had this confirmed by the FL legal department. Fisher is misleading everyone.

Last edited:

James Smith

Well the two of them were sat in the bar afterwards. I left around 10.15 and they were both still there then.

So based on that it looks like Tim decided to end it early? And if so I wonder why?:thinking about:

inside track

Sorry, can't stay on long - working. Damn shifts have kept me off here lately (much to boyfriend's delight!), but I just wanted to chuck my four penn'orth into the mix. I heard the forum last night and I was delighted when SL got the accountant man to explain about the Golden Share. As I have said for weeks now, it seems the League made a huge mistake when they registered the share and that error has not been picked up by lots of people who should have realised, including people at the League and at the club.

Also pleased to hear TF saying what he did about the Council. About time they were put up for examination. I hope the SBT and others who have been so forensic in their pursuit of Sisu (& rightly so) now show the same zeal to uncover the truth about ACL, the Higgs Charity and the Council.

Make no mistake, I would love to see new owners because I think Sisu have lost the confidence of the fans irreparably - although I don't want Joe Elliott's American friend as it seems as though his financial plan would simply end up as a mirror image of Sisu but with added interest. But new owner or not, solely blaming Sisu for all this is neither right nor fair.

SkyBlueScottie

In 1996 the club applied to the PL for a transfer of all football related assets to CCFC Ltd from CCFC Holdings, this was approved and documented. I have had this confirmed by the FL legal department. Fisher is misleading everyone.

Even though in 96 they were a Premier League club? That seems odd.....

torchomatic

Ah, that makes sense. I thought I saw a Flux Capacitor in the back of his Range Rover.

jas365

Very interesting BG, I would love to be able to see the FL confirmation, any chance of sharing it? Is it a letter you've had or an e-mail?

Bluegloucester

Very interesting BG, I would love to be able to see the FL confirmation, any chance of sharing it? Is it a letter you've had or an e-mail?

It was a phone call, have had dealings with them previously. Administrator has been given this information from FL.

inside track

Middle of April, have posted this before.

So, are you or have you been an employee of the football club? Are you in any other capacity someone to whom the Football League would divulge seriously sensitive information about individual football club registration and documentation in a phone call?

I am not suggesting that you are not telling the truth, but please explain how such a phone call could possibly have occurred. By whose authority would you ask or expect to receive such information over the phone from the body that oversees three divisions of top-fight English football and the conduct of its 72 member clubs?

If you have no such authority and yet this call occurred as you describe, I would imagine the directors of all 72 clubs would be most concerned about the League divulging such information in that way.

Users who are viewing this thread