France terrorist attack beheading (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

Schengen countries seem to disagree. Nothing to stop anyone arriving in Portugal for example and driving anywhere else without having documents checked.

I think schengen will be dead in the water soon. Populations across Europe will demand some controls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Smith

Are you sure, this is a symptom of the disease, (cuntish ISIS claim today).

CTx3hRTWUAE-2GZ.png

The problem is what people do or claim to do in the name of their religion, as we saw last night. Don't like people who try and convert you to their beliefs. My God is Football but I won't try and convert (no pun intended) rugby fans to support it.

Last edited:

James Smith

Sorry disagree, raising children to believe in a made up omnipresent being is wrong. They should be told this at the same time they are told Santa isn't real, sorry if that's spoiled Christmas for some of you. I understand it is a minority who use religion to spread there own particular brand of hate but all armies are told that God is on their side before going into battle. For me children should be protected from religion until they are old enough to make up their own mind what to believe, they are far too innocent to take in the complex issues involved and far too easy to fill with a sense that their God is the only God.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, I won't try and change it.

J

Jack Griffin

Surely it is common sense that countries need to know who is entering the country anyway?

But they don't any more and there are many entries that are unrecorded. Do you know what I think I may have changed my mind on ID cards now.

tisza

The refugees have to undergo an arduous, expensive and risky trek. I doubt whether top terrorists, or even simple but determined tossers, would bother with all that. They will already have passports, ID cards and either be resident in the EU or fly to Europe. Closing the borders won't make the slightest difference to the amount of terrorism, but would satisfy the basic racism of some people. It may even disconnect us from decent people in the M.E. who would otherwise look up to our society.

looks like at least one of them came in as a "refugee" through Greece.

J

Jack Griffin

NATHAN Retweeted Yannis Koutsomitis ‏@YanniKouts 1 hour ago

#Greece PublicOrderMin Toskas confirms Paris attacker w Syrian passport was registered as refugee on Leros island in Oct. /via @AntennaNews

Updated, 19hrs later

Jon Snow ‏@jonsnowC4 4 hours ago

Paris police sources say the 2 Syrian passports found on the terrorists were fakes probably made in Turkey
3,589 retweets 1,033 likes

Last edited by a moderator:

shmmeee

Agree but I wonder how the public view will change if there is an Equivalent attack on British soil again, I think it would be chaos

If there's another attack on British soil, we'll do what we've always done:

NQOxtJXW

Anything else just isn't British.

martcov

looks like at least one of them came in as a "refugee" through Greece.

Yes, he had a passport and was registered. Why didn't it set alarm bells ringing? Checked and not seen as dangerous. So much to border controls. Surprised he didn't fly in - or maybe getting a visa would have been a problem. So we are now going to blame it on refugees? We have getting on for a million crossing the borders this year.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, he had a passport and was registered. Why didn't it set alarm bells ringing? Checked and not seen as dangerous. So much to border controls. Surprised he didn't fly in - or maybe getting a visa would have been a problem. So we are now going to blame it on refugees? We have getting on for a million crossing the borders this year.
Nobody is saying it's every refugee are they? Just that checks need to be much tighter.

People said at the time that isis would be taking advantage of the situation.

Otis

There is nothing wrong with religion as it stands what is wrong is the persecution and violence against those who have different religious beliefs.

Pretty much every religion clearly states that if you are a non-believer (so not just someone who doesn't believe in God, but in their own particular god) you are going to burn in hell.

Most Christians are a lot more fluffy with their wording of course (it's more religion lite on the whole), but if you don't accept Jesus as your saviour you will burn in the pits of hell for eternity. There is only one God. You follow any other god and therefore a false prophet, you are going to hell.

Muslims will say Christians are going to burn in hell and Christians will say Muslims will burn in hell.

Nothing worng with religion? Creeds that dictate that if you are homosexual you are an abomination?

Having faith as an individual is fine, but it is organsied religion where it all goes horribly wrong and people put faith in the letter of the 'law' from books that were written a thousand years ago and more.

Religion has an awful lot to answer for.

My next door neighbours are Christian and they are lovely, but I know deep down that they believe me and my wife and my 11 year old daughter are all going to hell.

tisza

"Having faith as an individual is fine, but it is organsied religion where it all goes horribly wrong and people put faith in the letter of the 'law' from books that were written a thousand years ago and more."

Hit the nail on the head - particularly as all these texts were written by people anyway.

Otis

"Having faith as an individual is fine, but it is organsied religion where it all goes horribly wrong and people put faith in the letter of the 'law' from books that were written a thousand years ago and more."

Hit the nail on the head - particularly as all these texts were written by people anyway.

And more to the point, men! Religion has had women downtrodden for centuries and we still have the horrendous situation in the 21st century that in some pockets of civilisation, women are still denied an education or any chance to truly think for themselves.

lifeskyblue

Does anyone really believe an omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent God wants cowards to kill innocent people in his/her name?
Only an insecure, uncertain and weak being would call on humans to act in this way.
I'm 57 and for 48 of those years I've been an atheist. Mindless belief in any supernatural being is beyond me.

ccfc92

Does anyone really believe an omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent God wants cowards to kill innocent people in his/her name?
Only an insecure, uncertain and weak being would call on humans to act in this way.
I'm 57 and for 48 of those years I've been an atheist. Mindless belief in any supernatural being is beyond me.

I've posted this before, but I believe you'll appreciate this LSB :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-suvkwNYSQo

lifeskyblue

Thanks 92...exactly what I believe but put so much more eloquently. I remember at junior school arguing with a friend after some world tragedy in that if there was a god 'why did he let people drown in that flood'

CCFC Germany

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Nick If true then it just backs up the need for tighter borders doesn't it?

No?

Really?

Seems as though Herr Soeder disagrees with you:

A member of Bavaria's regional government has called for better border controls in the wake of the Paris attacks.Bavaria's Finance Minister Markus Soeder told weekly Welt am Sonntag that Germany needs to know who is entering the country.
The newspaper quoted Soeder as saying that "the days of unchecked immigration and illegal entry can't continue. Paris changes everything."
Bavaria has been the main point of entry for hundreds of thousands of migrants coming to Germany this year.
Soeder was quoted as saying that if Germany's federal government wasn't able to secure the border "then Bavaria can take on this task."

So how does writing one's name down prevent terrorism exactly ?

ccfc92

That's the thing LSB, religious people dismiss it as "God's will".

Like the second link I posted says, it's funny how the person who you are talking to assumes they are worshipping the "correct" religion. There's thousands of religions, including Jedi, so which one is correct? Chances are, none.

Unfortunately when you die, chances are, the lights go out, but I'm not arrogant or naive enough to admit I really don't know. If there is a God, I would also be humble enough to hold my hands up and say I was wrong, but the wrongs in the world out weigh the likelihood of a loving, caring God unfortunately.

lifeskyblue

Yes so many religions and they have to be right or of course they can't exist. None of the major religions we have today are the same as they were when they were founded. Jesus, Mohammed and the Buddha just wouldn't recognise the religions founded in their name

Otis

Because anyone with the surnam Hitler, or first name, Adolf wouldn't get in.

They would also carry thorough checks on Mr. Pot, Mr. Amin and Mr. Chi Mihn too and make sure they filled in all the right forms.

ccfc92

They'd have a better chance of keeping track of who they are, where they go, what they do.

Just a question, would you be comfortable with letting a person you don't know into your home, to live? I mean your actual house, with your family living in it, and you don't know who the person is, their name, their history, where they are from etc?

ccfc92

Yes so many religions and they have to be right or of course they can't exist. None of the major religions we have today are the same as they were when they were founded. Jesus, Mohammed and the Buddha just wouldn't recognise the religions founded in their name

The only thing they have relevance to, and IMO is the best way to live your life, is I believe a quote from John : Love one another, as I have loved you.

The sooner the whole human race takes that on board, the sooner humanity grows and thrives.

All the other stuff about persecuting non believers/ other religions, wars etc, that's where humanity falls apart :(

Otis

The only thing they have relevance to, and IMO is the best way to live your life, is I believe a quote from John : Love one another, as I have loved you.

The sooner the whole human race takes that on board, the sooner we grow and thrive as a race.

I don't remember Lennon writing that. Was that in his Beatles days, or after her went solo?

skybluesam66

The sooner the whole human race takes that on board, the sooner we grow and thrive as a race.
nothing to do with religion though - just about being civilised

lifeskyblue

Or mine probably :(

We can only teach our children right from wrong and hope they change the world.

Haha. Yes. I'm on the great down slope of life.
And you are right re the next generation and the one after that and on and on forevermore

Otis

Or mine probably :(

We can only teach our children right from wrong and hope they change the world.

I have always taught my daughter this: Treat everyone as an individual and each and every person you meet on their own individual merits.

It's ridiculous to judge a group of people based on simply colour or creed. Everyone is an individual and everyone is different.

ccfc92

Haha. Yes. I'm on the great down slope of life.
And you are right re the next generation and the one after that and on and on forevermore

I'm 23 next month, but I was lucky to have a granddad who was a true gentleman, and I get a lot of my morals and principles from him, which he passed on to my mother, and I don't intend on them stopping with me.

I hope I see change in my years, but can't see it. It's better than 2-300 years ago, civil wars, slavery etc but there's always different issues with humanity :(

The one hope I do have, is the solidarity shown in the face of evil. The whole world has stood with France. That makes me very proud to see.

Users who are viewing this thread