France terrorist attack beheading (2 Viewers)

ccfc92

I have always taught my daughter this: Treat everyone as an individual and each and every person you meet on their own individual merits.

It's ridiculous to judge a group of people based on simply colour or creed. Everyone is an individual and everyone is different.

100% correct Otis.

I will always treat anyone with respect, regardless of gender, colour, religion. I base my opinion of them on how they treat me, and even then, try and be as civilised as I can.

Villa fans included, honest ;)

ccfc92

I think the thing that really gets to me, is those people killed last night, aren't going home to their families. That's the harsh reality. We casually throw numbers around after tragic events, yet every one of those "numbers" have families, friends that are in mourning.

And for what? What has been gained?

James Smith

Pretty much every religion clearly states that if you are a non-believer (so not just someone who doesn't believe in God, but in their own particular god) you are going to burn in hell.

Most Christians are a lot more fluffy with their wording of course (it's more religion lite on the whole), but if you don't accept Jesus as your saviour you will burn in the pits of hell for eternity. There is only one God. You follow any other god and therefore a false prophet, you are going to hell.

Muslims will say Christians are going to burn in hell and Christians will say Muslims will burn in hell.

Nothing worng with religion? Creeds that dictate that if you are homosexual you are an abomination?

Having faith as an individual is fine, but it is organsied religion where it all goes horribly wrong and people put faith in the letter of the 'law' from books that were written a thousand years ago and more.

Religion has an awful lot to answer for.

My next door neighbours are Christian and they are lovely, but I know deep down that they believe me and my wife and my 11 year old daughter are all going to hell.

Exactly, individual belief is fine but organised religion too often causes problems. Using it to justify your or someone else's actions especially violence or inciting it, is wrong. A friend who is a Muslim told me years ago that people who commit acts of violence claiming that they're doing so for her religion are not Muslim. They're people who have decided to use that as an excuse for their actions and it wasn't done for Islam. Common sense should come in to play at some point but as you say some people still take things literally even if the world and the population has evolved.
Look at the ultra Christian groups in the US who had the Harry Potter books banned from schools in some states because of the witchcraft and wizardry generating belief in the occult and paganism not Christian values. If you read them it's filled with the struggle between good and evil which is (to me anyway) basically Christian values. But above all else it's fiction. It's fiction that I enjoyed reading and so did many millions of others.

I don't agree with having beliefs forced upon you or me or anyone else. My upbringing included the odd bout of Sunday School I suspect just to get rid of me for a few hours. It made me realise that if you update it a bit, knock out the going to hell/homosexuality bits, give everyone equal rights and look at the being nice to your fellow man stuff it's not a bad set of ideas. Do unto others as you would have them do to you etc.

If you look upon your religion (whichever it is if you even have one) as a manual for how to lead your life then you have to understand that manuals need updating from time to time. Life doesn't stand still and things change. Looking at retail it used to be that shops were shut on Sunday because of Christian influence on our laws. This has now been relaxed and not only do I get to go to work later today people can (and hopefully will) come and shop.

I'm now awake because someone decided that they needed to set off some noisy fireworks at 02:45. Fortunately we don't open until midday today.

Last edited:

Macca

Nice to see all the UAF-type apologists turning summersaults trying to justify their misguided views to themselves- suck it up - this is the kind of action you are inviting with your empty-headedness.

Anyway, IS have apparently claimed responsibility- who can blame them with all the outside interference in their little project in northern Iraq/Syria? UK next on the list no doubt.

Genocide has apparently been mentioned to pre-empt any such future attacks. That is a little excessive. I have found many of the muslim people I've known over the years to be very decent- I personally have a lot of time for people of faith- but I will say one thing: to a large degree their views are incompatible with those of modern western society, and even though many just get on with life, they will continue to produce sufficient numbers that detest western ways, and will be prepared to act on it. Our grandchildren will be fighting this battle unless we are prepared to grasp the nettle and act now. Do not expect our politicians to do anything- they are weak and incompetent.

This event is (probably) not connected to the current inflow from the middle east- yet! That will take a year or two- maybe ten or twenty, but it will come.

So I reiterate my earlier view: Islam has no place in Europe- to have them here will only cause problems- as it has in past centuries. Time for them to go- no genocide, nothing nasty- just tell them it was a bad idea, terminate their citizenship and give them a year or so to sort out their affairs.

We'll all be happier in the long run.

I think you are ignoring the mood of the nation. We are a democracy and you have to admit that the majority of the population would now disagree with you. Decades of propaganda and demonising the history of the UK have led to a situation where the majority are happy to see the fabric of the country change and reject anything that might be considered traditional. That's just the way it is, things go in cycles, civilisations rise and fall. Islam will be the next dominant force throughout the world including Europe. It has all the attributes to succeed. Then eventually it will get lazy and complacent like the west is now and make way for something else

martcov

I think you are ignoring the mood of the nation. We are a democracy and you have to admit that the majority of the population would now disagree with you. Decades of propaganda and demonising the history of the UK have led to a situation where the majority are happy to see the fabric of the country change and reject anything that might be considered traditional. That's just the way it is, things go in cycles, civilisations rise and fall. Islam will be the next dominant force throughout the world including Europe. It has all the attributes to succeed. Then eventually it will get lazy and complacent like the west is now and make way for something else

The West is not lazy and complacent. We took out Jihad John in a car with a 1000 mph missile. Developed in and fired from the West. ISIL relies on tossers who have to kill themselves. Yes traditions have gone. Most of us now accept black and brown People as equals - not as Gladstone described them ( whilst being nice ) as " noble savages ". We allow women equal rights and Education. The Coventry watch Comittee, which decided how many discos were allowed and which films could be shown has gone. And Islam will destroy itself through it's own ignorance and violence. You cannot stop human progress.

Macca

Will be interesting to see because there are an increasing amount of people prepared to turn their back on human progress. I wish I shared your optimism

Harry Krishner

Thanks for actually taking the time to read my post.

I can appreciate what you say, but I really hope you're wrong.

Having spent about half my life working elsewhere in the world, I hope I've developed some appreciation of what unites us all as humans - and those things that divide us, and of the relative good and bad points intrinsic to any culture. I was predictably branded a racist and a bigot for the above post, but I feel the view I expressed is the norm around much of the world- most nations place a heavy emphasis on protecting their own- frequently to the great detriment of outsiders: Oman is a cracking example, but there are many others.

I was completely unprepared for the apparent self-hate, or self-righteousness (or whatever it is) of some people in
the UK- especially on here. However, I feel it is they who are in the minority. For myself, I always try to be objective, and most of all tell the truth.

Reactions to the Paris attacks and those before it follow a predictable pattern:

1. How terrible
2. It has nothing to do with Islam
3. Our main concern should be the "far right"
4. This is due to our meddling in the middle east and we deserve it
5. Who cares if 129 (insert figure) Europeans died, nothing must interfere with my right to be a self-righteous prick who advocates mass-immigration whether other people want it or not.

This view that can be seen on the front page of the Guardian this morning.

I think British/European culture is worth saving- I also think healthy movement in and out is a good thing, but not to the extent that it denigrates all the good stuff we have.

Anyway thanks again- good to hear at least one reasonable voice on here- before all the self-righteous pricks get out of bed.

BTW cracking win at Colchester yesterday.

PUSB>

Macca

No problem, I have no axe to grind, I analyse what I see and I might be right or wrong on my interpretations.
Problem is that everyone seems to pin their colours to a political standpoint and follow it without compromise.
I prefer on all subjects to come to my own conclusions

mechaishida

What Harry Krishner said, about it being nothing to do with Islam, is indeed someway accurate; ISIS are not a radical Islamic group, they are operating solely to conjure hatred towards Islam. It's as simple and as horrific as that.

Hearing Cameron and Obama on the radio yesterday just left me nauseous...fucking conspiring, devious little Zionist pigs.

SIR ERNIE

So how does writing one's name down prevent terrorism exactly ?

Writing down names?

Bloody hell if that’s your concept of stringent border controls no wonder Herr Soeder is worried.

Here’s the problem with porous borders:

Mad Merkel’s ‘Refugees Welcome’ announcement created an uncontrolled flood of migrants wanting to enter the EU. Border checkpoints became overwhelmed and the normal asylum application process which previously would take weeks was reduced to hours, even minutes. Inevitably under these circumstances, false passports/false identities will have been approved and individual background checks not carried out.

It is now forecast that 1.5million migrants will enter the EU this year from the Middle East, North Africa and surrounding areas.

We are told that the vast majority are peace loving and mean us no harm.

Ok great, if we assume that majority to be 99.9%, then that would mean 1,500 have entered the EU with the intention of killing.

If it’s 99.99%, the figure is 150.

The Paris atrocities were committed by 8, at least 2 of which had entered the EU in recent weeks.

J

Jack Griffin

Sky News ‏@SkyNews 27 minutes ago

CT4W_BIWcAYdCzO.jpg

France has conducted airstrikes on the IS-held Syrian city of Raqqa, involving ten fighter jets dropping 20 bombs

http://news.sky.com/story/1588256/france-drops-20-bombs-on-is-stronghold-raqqa?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

CCFC Germany

Mad Merkel’s ‘Refugees Welcome’ announcement created an uncontrolled flood of migrants wanting to enter the EU. Border checkpoints became overwhelmed and the normal asylum application process which previously would take weeks was reduced to hours, even minutes. Inevitably under these circumstances, false passports/false identities will have been approved and individual background checks not carried out.

It is now forecast that 1.5million migrants will enter the EU this year from the Middle East, North Africa and surrounding areas.

Ok great, if we assume that majority to be 99.9%, then that would mean 1,500 have entered the EU with the intention of killing.

The Paris atrocities were committed by 8, at least 2 of which had entered the EU in recent weeks.

No.
They do not come to EU because of Merkel's statement, they come because they are being bombed + killed in their homes.

Most of the attackers have been born + raised in France. Same with the Charlie Hebdo attackers.
So trying to stop terrorism by closing borders probably will not work.
Plus you are coming down on exactly those people, who are fleeing such atrocities.

First and most important point in my eyes would be finding out how + why young people, brought up in western countries, enjoying "our" lifestyles can be turned around and talked into turning themselves onto that previous enjoyed life in such a way, that they are willing to commit such horrendous acts against their "old" surroundings.

Another thing that might help would be to think first what to do afterwards, before bringing down the next middle east government not convenient to the west.
Just read how the lights of IS and AL Quaeda came up. There's plenty of books + articles on that.

Nick

Administrator
What I don't get is why after attacks it is always "oh the services knew about them". If they knew about them, how did they manage that? They should be disappearing before they can do anything.

martcov

Writing down names?

Bloody hell if that’s your concept of stringent border controls no wonder Herr Soeder is worried.

Here’s the problem with porous borders:

last I heard Soeder was not popular with the CDU, the CSU's coalition partner ( he is CSU and wants to become head of Bavaria ). His use of Paris doesn't go down well with Germans I know. I wouldn't use him as a barometer of opinion. We knew his opinion before this. Merkel did not cause refugees to flee a worn torn hell hole. She may have helped them decide to come to Germany, but they were already on the move when she said " wir schaffen es ". If anything, Merkel and Germany are showing that Europe is helping people regardless of their religion, which may take away some of the arguments of Muslim extremists. You say 1,5 million are coming and that only 2 terrorists came with the refugees, yet all must be stopped and turned back. I would sooner listen to Merkel's reasoning than some opportunist such as Soeder.

James Smith

What I don't get is why after attacks it is always "oh the services knew about them". If they knew about them, how did they manage that? They should be disappearing before they can do anything.

Issue is they say they can't track everyone who they suspect. The security services have said in the past that you won't hear about all the things they have disrupted. While they might have several groups and their plans they're looking at one of those might speed up their plans unbeknownst to them. Now that everyone knows how the security services monitor communications it makes it easier for the bad guys to avoid being listened into in that way. The interception of telecommunications is cheap and relatively easy compared to bugging someone's house etc.

Last edited:

Macca

Perhaps we should put the theory to the test. Stop getting involved in other peoples battles? Would get my support. Then the attacks will stop right?

Grendel

Perhaps we should put the theory to the test. Stop getting involved in other peoples battles? Would get my support. Then the attacks will stop right?

They probably would never have started and we should never have followed the US around like a lap dog but I suspect we are too late now and will be permanently branded with the US tag

Macca

Shame we can't get #notallwesternersagreewithgovernmentforeignpolicyanddeservetobeslaughtered trending

Bit of a mouthful admittedly

chiefdave

Another thing that might help would be to think first what to do afterwards, before bringing down the next middle east government not convenient to the west.

Absolutly this. We (normally led by America) keep going into places and taking action to suit ourselves without any idea what will happen next. These countries aren't like the west and trying to impose our idea of democracy or way of life on them doesn't work. We put them into power then a couple of years later decide its not working and try to get them out.

Probably be a good idea to stop selling them arms as well.

martcov

They probably would never have started and we should never have followed the US around like a lap dog but I suspect we are too late now and will be permanently branded with the US tag

This goes back to the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, the First World War, betraying the Arabs we used for our purposes ( see Lawrence of Arabia ) and carving up Arab lands between us, France and Zionists. We moan about becoming part of Metropole Birmingham - peanuts in comparison. The Kurds, for example, are split between three countries. Not Even going to mention Palestine.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Globalisation & Imperialist bullying doesn't just result in cheap tacky shit that we can consume without a 2nd thought & then throw it in landfill.......it also means we are starting to share just a tiny tiny fraction of the misery & terror suffered by millions on a daily basis, that is a major by-product of the modern world we've created......

Creating one power vacuum in the M.E would be crazy...as history has always shows us....but we continue to repeat the mistakes...."the west" have helped to create several vacuums in the region within the space of a couple decades....

Pandoras box cannot be forced closed now.....

mechaishida

Yeah, conspiracy theories are made up by the World Powers to hide what they're really doing.

Truths are hidden in pain sight, and all that cack? I just go by what I know, and read between the lines of the official line on anything pertaining to politics and world affairs.

Why sound so outraged when I made a reference to Zionism, though? It's a widely used, all-encompassing reference to the actual '1% of Power'.

SIR ERNIE

last I heard Soeder was not popular with the CDU, the CSU's coalition partner ( he is CSU and wants to become head of Bavaria ). His use of Paris doesn't go down well with Germans I know. I wouldn't use him as a barometer of opinion. We knew his opinion before this. Merkel did not cause refugees to flee a worn torn hell hole. She may have helped them decide to come to Germany, but they were already on the move when she said " wir schaffen es ". If anything, Merkel and Germany are showing that Europe is helping people regardless of their religion, which may take away some of the arguments of Muslim extremists. You say 1,5 million are coming and that only 2 terrorists came with the refugees, yet all must be stopped and turned back. I would sooner listen to Merkel's reasoning than some opportunist such as Soeder.

Deluded nonsense.

Merkel's popularity levels are at an all time low. In her own party, in Germany and throughout the EU. Fact.

Her open door invitation was reckless and has directly resulted in border check points being overwhelmed and proper checks not being carried out. Fact.

To correct one of your statements, the majority of those arriving are economic migrants, not refugees 'fleeing a war torn hell hole'. Fact.

The job of EU security and intelligence services in protecting it's citizens has been made more difficult following the open door announcement. Fact.

martcov

Deluded nonsense.

Merkel's popularity levels are at an all time low. In her own party, in Germany and throughout the EU. Fact.

Her open door invitation was reckless and has directly resulted in border check points being overwhelmed and proper checks not being carried out. Fact.

To correct one of your statements, the majority of those arriving are economic migrants, not refugees 'fleeing a war torn hell hole'. Fact.

The job of EU security and intelligence services in protecting it's citizens has been made more difficult following the open door announcement. Fact.

An all time low compared with extremely popular for Merkel.

The war is the main cause of migration from Syria. Fact. Whether the migrants are leaving directly or have had enough of sitting in a Turkish camp Syria is not a place to be or to go back to. With or without Merkel there would be an immigration/ migration crisis.

Merkel sees Germany having to take refugees because of the Geneva Covention and because if Germany turned them away, Germany " wouldn't be her country ". She is not mad and you should not underrate her.

Yes, the borders have been overrun. This is the biggest migration in Europe since WWII and you cannot "credit" Merkel with that.

we are at war. Paris has confirmed that and the retaliation by France has brought it to a new level.

Economic refugees are being sent back by Germany - but at a slow pace ( 50000 this year ). This should speed up now since new laws were passed.

More ISIS volunteers are leaving or have left Europe for Syria than have come
From Syria.

We have more than enough fanatics here to cause mayhem even without new ones coming in. Closing the borders and turning our backs on refugees won't change that.

Nick

Administrator
An all time low compared with extremely popular for Merkel.

The war is the main cause of migration from Syria. Fact. Whether the migrants are leaving directly or have had enough of sitting in a Turkish camp Syria is not a place to be or to go back to. With or without Merkel there would be an immigration/ migration crisis.

Merkel sees Germany having to take refugees because of the Geneva Covention and because if Germany turned them away, Germany " wouldn't be her country ". She is not mad and you should not underrate her.

Yes, the borders have been overrun. This is the biggest migration in Europe since WWII and you cannot "credit" Merkel with that.

we are at war. Paris has confirmed that and the retaliation by France has brought it to a new level.

Economic refugees are being sent back by Germany - but at a slow pace ( 50000 this year ). This should speed up now since new laws were passed.

More ISIS volunteers are leaving or have left Europe for Syria than have come
From Syria.

We have more than enough fanatics here to cause mayhem even without new ones coming in. Closing the borders and turning our backs on refugees won't change that.

There are plenty of criminals in the country already, doesn't mean we should let more in though does it if they are among the refugees?

As soon as anybody leaves this country for Syria, they shouldn't be allowed back in.

martcov

There are plenty of criminals in the country already, doesn't mean we should let more in though does it if they are among the refugees?

As soon as anybody leaves this country for Syria, they shouldn't be allowed back in.

no, but to think that if you turn thousands of refugees away you will have less terrorism is very naive. I follow the line that, if you stick to international law and/ or human values you will be better off in the end. The problems have been caused by ignoring other people's views and lives.

I agree that the jihadists leaving for Syria should be assisted in their quest to go to heaven as soon as possible. Hopefully the French have helped a few by bombing their recruitment centre. They should certainly be interned if they do return to Europe, but we should leave them a way out of the madness. I think that some go a wave of optimism after being conned into possibly throwing their life away. Some of these could be rehabilitated and defectors are a good source of information and could deter new recruits.

The people recruiting people to go and die - but not going themselves- really should be punished. Not only are they sending someone to kill enemies of ISIS, but the recruits will also be wasting their lives for some BS of Allah looking after them after death.

Users who are viewing this thread