Fulham game moved to sunday 10 April (1 Viewer)

skyblue025

I didn't get any online and live 120 miles away so no chance of going to the stadium. Gutted .

robbiethemole

Bugger, I'm going to be 4,400 miles away on a beach in Cuba :cool::cool::cool: It's a hard decision but after a lot of thought, sod it give me the sun.
Good luck to the lads and safe journey to the SBA. PUSB

play_in_skyblue_stripes

We did. City supporters had an open standing terrace to the left of that cottage. Saw Gerry Francis there buying a pie from the little kiosk. 2-2 draw I think.

Correct, Ray Houghton was a stand out that night for them before he moved on to bigger things. Dull 0-0 second match at Highfield Road saw us scrape through. Almost Impossible almost to get an away Coventry ticket these days for high profile matches and really fancied to go back 40 years later. I have one for the same stand with home fans.

AOM

Never visited Craven Cottage before. Any good pub recommendations near the ground for away fans?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Never visited Craven Cottage before. Any good pub recommendations near the ground for away fans?
Two mates who are fortunate enough to support prem clubs both text me to say 'The Crab Apple is one of the best away pubs in the country', so I am gonna head there

Reactions: AOM

SBT

Two mates who are fortunate enough to support prem clubs both text me to say 'The Crab Apple is one of the best away pubs in the country', so I am gonna head there

Yeah think it’s called The Crabtree - it’s a nice spot. There’s a Wetherspoons right by the river by the Putney Bridge up as well which is great on a sunny day. Loads of great pubs around the ground.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

A tip, rent a city bike near Euston. Only a few miles to Fulham. A great route. Just have to park bike at a station every 30 minutes. You will work up a thirst on the way. Other good option is catching a bus as you see so much more of London.

tskezz

I know this is what you've been told as opposed to your opinion but I'm interested in what they think makes it 'one of the best away pubs in the country'.

I had a quick look at it on google and it looks lovely, probably a bit to nice for 2000 pissed up cov fans. I always think the best away pubs are the complete shitholes.

Edit: Just reading this back, I'm not trying to be arsey here by the way, genuinely interested.

Sky Blue Harry H

I know this is what you've been told as opposed to your opinion but I'm interested in what they think makes it 'one of the best away pubs in the country'.

I had a quick look at it on google and it looks lovely, probably a bit to nice for 2000 pissed up cov fans. I always think the best away pubs are the complete shitholes.

Edit: Just reading this back, I'm not trying to be arsey here by the way, genuinely interested.

Went to Wimbledon away (the boring 0-0 a few seasons back) and went in a fantastic (too nice) pub full of City. Can't remember the name, but it felt like the edge of a Midsomer Murders village than a Wheatsheaf type footie pub.

Sky Blue Harry H

Bit bored, so I'm going to speculate a decent walk up and 18,998 attendance, with about 1200 from Blackburn

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Went to Wimbledon away (the boring 0-0 a few seasons back) and went in a fantastic (too nice) pub full of City. Can't remember the name, but it felt like the edge of a Midsomer Murders village than a Wheatsheaf type footie pub.
So the same amount of danger but in a posher setting...

oscillatewildly

What about 'The Greyhound'?
Is it even still up and running?
A music venue of absolute legend.
Would like to drop in if it is still around.

pusbccfc

It's a lovely pub for a roast but I wouldn't go there before the match.

Not always a fan of wetherspoons but the one on the river in Putney near the ground is one of the best in the country.

fernandopartridge

It's a lovely pub for a roast but I wouldn't go there before the match.

Not always a fan of wetherspoons but the one on the river in Putney near the ground is one of the best in the country.

Think I've been in there, is it quite close to Putney Bridge station? Sure it was a Spoons we went in on the way back from Brentford 2013

Users who are viewing this thread