Fury v Ngannu (2 Viewers)

Greggs

You wish I was a compubox
Screaming Tyson Fury GIF by Top Rank Boxing

tisza

So fury won and the stats show he probably should have

It's a wank perdormance but he's only been outpunched in 2 rounds

The result is probably fair , but just , fury can't fight like that against usyk View attachment 32231
He "won". Take away the narrative of "it's an MMA fighter's first boxing match" and it's 2 normal boxers Fury just won in a very scrappy performance.

CCFCSteve

Only seen highlights. Would’ve served Fury right if he’d got beaten. He’s an average fighter if he’s not properly prepared and heads not right…see the Wallen fight. lts why I’ve never ruled out AJ or other inferior fighters sparking him out

stay_up_skyblues

Fury looked overweight even by his standards tbf. He’ll need to (and I’m sure will) prepare properly for Usyk. I’d say December looks optimistic though.

CCFCSteve

Fury looked overweight even by his standards tbf. He’ll need to (and I’m sure will) prepare properly for Usyk. I’d say December looks optimistic though.

Would be shocked if it’s Dec after that. Saying that maybe he considers he’s halfway through a camp and it’s been based around being ready for that rather than last night

tisza

Fury looked poor
absolutely. Underprepared - looked more tired than Ngannou in the later rounds which no-one expected . Couldn't physically bully Ngannou like he does most opponents and his normal reach advantage wasn't there. Timing was way off from the start and as a result threw a lot less punches than he would normally do. And the knockdown had him overly cautious in the later rounds.

CCFCSteve

Typical of fury and his team ! Gotta love Usyk though…rolling around like he’d be punched in the bollocks by Dubois aside

2664D3E5-BDAF-492C-8688-46478005BB0F.jpeg

SkyBlue_Bear83

Fury won the fight, knockdown aside Fury did just enough in most of the rounds to get the decision. Didn't think it was as controversial as I was expecting

Ngannou probably won 2 rounds outside the third round, 3 rounds if your being generous.

Evo1883

Fury won the fight, knockdown aside Fury did just enough in most of the rounds to get the decision. Didn't think it was as controversial as I was expecting

Ngannou probably won 2 rounds outside the third round, 3 rounds if your being generous.
The problem really comes when commentators for a whole 10 rounds fill viewers heads with the idea that fury was losing the fight .. stats show he done just enough but people's minds already made up .. it's a fix in their heads now

Greggs

Watched the fight again, Fury deffo won....

CCFCSteve

Aged overnight like Josh Taylor....or just far too much cocaine use.

I think Taylor was struggling at the weight for a while, should’ve moved up. Reckon with fury he was just unprepared/unfocused. I’m saying that as not a huge fan although appreciate he’s probably best of the lot

fatso

Shit fight, the real loosers are the poor bustards who paid to watch the shite.
Boxing is turning into the wwf and Saudi money is at the route of it.

Greggs

Shit fight, the real loosers are the poor bustards who paid to watch the shite.
Boxing is turning into the wwf and Saudi money is at the route of it.
Been fixed for years. Joe Cortez stopping Hatton fighting on the inside against Mayweather was the beginning of the end for me.

tisza

The problem really comes when commentators for a whole 10 rounds fill viewers heads with the idea that fury was losing the fight .. stats show he done just enough but people's minds already made up .. it's a fix in their heads now
One of those things where a narrative overtakes the reality. The fairytale of a "legend" from a different sport fighting the heavyweight champion in his first fight.
I watched US coverage and it was all about Ngannou even before the fight started. They were willing him across the line, saying he looked like the boxer not Fury etc. May be Americans haven't forgiven Fury for destroying Wilder.

Adge

It may have been a case of we were all hoodwinked and surprised how easy a victory it would be for Fury. That may have clouded some people’s judgement that Fury didn’t win the fight-in my opinion he did, but only just!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As someone who doesn't really following boxing I just saw the thread title and thought "Wow, that's quite a career change Johnny has had since he left us!"

Users who are viewing this thread