Game of Thrones (1 Viewer)

Darth Robins

These are still my favourite versions of the credits music:

[video=youtube;1yydcG9woWA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yydcG9woWA[/video]

[video=youtube;0OWQXQgHgq8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OWQXQgHgq8[/video]

Only 209 days until S3 now! (And 7 more years until the Winds of Winter!)

Diehard Si

7 Years? Has that been actually said or you just joking?

I'm currently ploughing my way through Feast For Crows at the moment. Slowed right down on this one, my god it's a grind. 250 pages to go though and I believe it actually gets interesting near the end. Hope so, a certain blonde female's chapters have been so dull this book. Can't wait for ADWD to get the main chars back in.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
The best book IMO is storm of swords, season 3 should be pretty epic :D. It took him about 6 years to bring out dance with dragons after feast for crows, so could be a few more years for winds of winter yet!

C

Clive Plattini

Loved the third book. Was incredible. Am on the 4th now. I like it, but I do miss the other characters. Glad he is not rushing his books. Not like Raymond E Feist, who seems to shit them out these days.

Disorganised1

I've stopped buying Feist - try Robin Hobb - awesome - and as rough on characters as Martin (nearly)

Diehard Si

The best book IMO is storm of swords, season 3 should be pretty epic :D. It took him about 6 years to bring out dance with dragons after feast for crows, so could be a few more years for winds of winter yet!

Book 3 will be 2 seasons I think. I bet they finish season 3 with a wedding tho. ( no spoilers ). Then maybe another wedding early season 4.

I can't wait for the 'red' one :D hope it translates well to tv.

Darth Robins

7 Years? Has that been actually said or you just joking?

I'm currently ploughing my way through Feast For Crows at the moment. Slowed right down on this one, my god it's a grind. 250 pages to go though and I believe it actually gets interesting near the end. Hope so, a certain blonde female's chapters have been so dull this book. Can't wait for ADWD to get the main chars back in.

I'm joking, just based on his previous form! Hopefully the show doing so well will make him speed up a bit so they don't catch up with him. AFFC is definitely a grind, ADWD is a bit weird at the start too because you suddenly jump back in time, I think that next time I read them I'll try and do both books at once and do the chapters in the right order!

Diehard Si

GRRM apparently said you could read part 1 with FFC. But my mate warned me I could ruin the bombshell ending for me if I went too far in it.

dutchman

Game of Thrones tops TV show internet piracy chart

http://torrentfreak.com/game-of-thrones-most-pirated-tv-show-of-2012-121223

With 4,280,000 downloads for a single episode, Game of Thrones has the honor of becoming the most pirated TV-show of 2012.

Over the years the number of TV-show downloads on BitTorrent has leveled off a bit, but this year we saw a small increase again.

The majority of TV-show piracy, more than 80 percent, occurs outside the US and lacking availability is the top reason why people turn to BitTorrent.

For chart leader Game of Thrones this is no different. Airing delays and HBO’s choice not to make it widely available online are two of the top reasons why so many people pirated the show.

Game of Thrones is particularly popular in Australia, where people have to wait a week longer than fans in the U.S. to view the show. Nevertheless, even in the U.S. hundreds and thousands are downloading the show for free, although many would love to pay for it if HBO offered a standalone HBO GO subscription.

top20g.png

dutchman

Just noticed that Series 1 starts again on NYE on Sky Atlantic. Do they have time to run series 1 then 2 ahead of 3?

I doubt it?

'Game of Thrones' season three UK air date confirmed by Sky Atlantic

Game of Thrones is to return to Sky Atlantic on Monday, April 1.

The third season of the HBO fantasy drama will receive its UK premiere just one day after US transmission.

The transmission pattern follows last year's UK screening of season two, which also premiered new episodes the day after US airing.

The third Game of Thrones season - which star Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) has described as the most epic yet - will be comprised of ten "super-sized" extended episodes.

Rome's Ciarán Hinds, Torchwood actor Burn Gorman, Dame Diana Rigg, The Office star Mackenzie Crook and Waking the Dead's Tara Fitzgerald are among the stars to have joined the show for the new season.

dutchman

Supersized? What does that mean?

Not a lot:

The showrunners explained that while the third season will still have 10 episodes, a whole extra episode's worth of material will be included.

"There's almost another full episode's worth of extra minutes spread across the season," Weiss told Entertainment Weekly.

"One of the great liberties with HBO is we're not forced to come in at a specific time. We can't be under 50 minutes or over 60, but that gives us a lot of flexibility."

"A super-sized season, as befitting Storm of Swords," Benioff added. "Last year we had a lot of 52-minute episodes. This year is a lot of 56, 57."

The third season finale episode is also expected to run for over an hour, following suit from the final episode of season two.

HBO said in a statement: "All 10 episodes gained a minute or two from past seasons with the finale very possibly exceeding 60 minutes."

"So for people clamouring for another episode, it's in there," Weiss added. "It's just been cut into tiny pieces."

n1xon

Anyone know when it starts on HBO? I don't do waiting for it to be aired in the uk! Lol

lordsummerisle

Anyone know when it starts on HBO? I don't do waiting for it to be aired in the uk! Lol

The night before the UK, so won't save much time!

Will be downloading myself anyway, as on Virgin and can't get Sky Atlantic(cuts out the adverts too!).

n1xon

oh ill just watch it on sky if it if its day after. i thought they are aired month or 2 earlier than here normally. :confused:

AngryAnt

If the books are anything to go by, then i'm looking forward to season three :).. There's some massive plot movements and developments in the third books that i'm really hoping they do correctly on the telly. Fingers crossed as they already cheated with blackwater (but it was still great in a different way).

lordsummerisle

If the books are anything to go by, then i'm looking forward to season three :).. There's some massive plot movements and developments in the third books that i'm really hoping they do correctly on the telly. Fingers crossed as they already cheated with blackwater (but it was still great in a different way).

The Red Wedding will knock peoples socks off.

Users who are viewing this thread