Gareth southgate (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Klopp is on record as saying he wanted to keep him but he chose to leave….I suppose you could just claim he was lying.
It just doesn't make sense to claim he's good enough to be on the bench for England because he's good enough to be on the Liverpool bench when he no longer plays for them.

SBT

It just doesn't make sense to claim he's good enough to be on the bench for England because he's good enough to be on the Liverpool bench when he no longer plays for them.
Klopp said he wanted him in the squad - that’s my evidence he’s good enough. As I said, you can choose to just not believe him if that better suits your argument.

Sick Boy

Klopp said he wanted him in the squad - that’s my evidence he’s good enough. As I said, you can choose to just not believe him if that better suits your argument.
I don't really have an argument, it's just a touch tenuous.

Alkhen

He was a disaster at Chelsea and by most accounts failed to manage the kind of internal politics and player power that would be even more important as England manager. I don’t see why you’re rushing to move on from someone who may not be getting the final results but is certainly getting the process right. Especially if there’s no obvious successor.

Where did I say I was rushing to replace Southgate? I'm happy he is in charge for the Euros, that said it would probably be time for a change if we have a particularly poor showing in the summer.

I can think of tonnes of people I'd rather be in charge but can only think of possibly two English candidates and I'd say if Gareth's strength was team building but weakness was tactical nous then why not try someone with the opposite skill set?

I don't think anyone could succeed at Chelsea currently. They don't seem to have a strategy other than paying over the odds for players on mad long contracts. The problems run deeper than the manager.

CBS16

Henderson should be nowhere near it. The FA should line up a successor on the quiet now to take over after the euros. Southgates done well but it needs fresh eyes before the world cup. Could Ange do the business? He has previous international experience with Australia, he'd quickly get all the players kn board and can get teams playing his style fast. He'd be electric in a tournament, it's the sort of ambitious appointment that's could finally win the world cup for this great squad

CJ_covblaze

Any foreign manager would be a major embarrassment but Klopp would be absolutely insufferable
Agree. Taking on a foreign manager rarely works in international football. It’s no coincidence that no foreign manager has ever won the World Cup. There’s only been two to get to the final. As a side note one of those, George Raynor did it two years after managing City. Meanwhile only one has won the Euros.

Southgate has done better than any other manager in my lifetime and I can’t think of anyone else out there currently that could step up and do a better job.

hamertime

Southgate has done a brilliant job to create at great atmosphere and make the players enjoy playing for England again.

I don’t believe he’s the man to take us forward now. He lacks experience of being a winner and having the balls to go for things.

You swap the managers around in that Euro final we win that game.

He now has the best group of players in the world, and the best player in Bellingham. If we don’t win the Euros it’s time to go. We have a real chance if Bellingham stay fit, our best chance ever of winning something.

I suspect we will loose in the semis or final though as Southgate is not a winner.

Users who are viewing this thread