General Election (18 Viewers)

Sick Boy

The country is fast going backwards under the Tories and May is the last person who should be leading Brexit negotiations. As a country hoping to develop a 'deep and special partnership' with the EU, her rhetoric so far as being majorly counter-productive.

clint van damme

The country is fast going backwards under the Tories and May is the last person who should be leading Brexit negotiations. As a country hoping to develop a 'deep and special partnership' with the EU, her rhetoric so far as being majorly counter-productive.

don't worry, she'll have this man by her side

Boris-Johnson.jpg

Ian1779

Just out of interest, to any of you Labour voters, does Corbyn's take on immigration, Trident, and shoot to kill policies alarm you at all? Please be honest. Personally these are all rule breakers for me.

Trident - don't see why we need it now. Taking out ISIS with a nuke is not really a viable tactic. There must be an alternative solution that is a) not as expensive and b) more relevant in these times.

Shoot to Kill - this isn't really a policy as such is it. This has gone wrong previously as we all know but I feel that we are talking about such unique circumstances that could occur - every single one has to looked at in and individual manner. Let's he honest - if it came down to a split second decision it wouldn't be Corbyn that made the call.

Immigration - it's been a disaster by all parties previously in keeping records on it. Until we have a serious change in upskilling our own workforce we will rely on these skills coming from abroad. Personally think we should stop wasting time trying to track down people already here - give them the chance to become official citizens (provided they conform to rules if our society) and get a system in place that tracks effectively going forward.

chiefdave

May is the last person who should be leading Brexit negotiations.
Speaking of which that's the latest excuse for her not doing the debate tonight. Apparently she's concentrating on Brexit as she said about Corbyn “He ought to be paying more attention to thinking abt Brexit negotiations – that’s what I’m doing”. Who was it that called an election right before Brexit negotiations begin?

clint van damme

Speaking of which that's the latest excuse for her not doing the debate tonight. Apparently she's concentrating on Brexit as she said about Corbyn “He ought to be paying more attention to thinking abt Brexit negotiations – that’s what I’m doing”. Who was it that called an election right before Brexit negotiations begin?

I though this was a general election concerning all aspects of leading the country, not a 2nd EU referendum.
She must be intentionally trying to lose this election, no one who has made it to PM can be as stupid and indecisive as she is coming across.

Grendel

Watching this debate you do have to wonder if there isn't something in that. The PM can't be bothered to turn up and they've sent Rudd who is totally out of her depth.

No what they know is they will win the election and want to win with a reasonable majority. It's clear they just want to keep Corbyn or his ilk in charge of the Labour Party

clint van damme

No what they know is they will win the election and want to win with a reasonable majority. It's clear they just want to keep Corbyn or his ilk in charge of the Labour Party

no way, if there's one thing the tories are good at, it's winning elections and they don't leave anything to chance. There's got to be more to this than meets the eye. Unless of course she is just utterly incompetent.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Labour=Overspend and bankruptcy,Tories always have to bail us out that's why there's no bloody money!!
Labour don't do running the economy especially these left wing charlatans.
Promises promises promises,Spend spend spend.
Three names,McDonnell,Abbott and Thornberry are not fit to govern.
Just waiting for Billy Smart to declare his support for labour!!

clint van damme

Labour=Overspend and bankruptcy,Tories always have to bail us out that's why there's no bloody money!!
Labour don't do running the economy especially these left wing charlatans.
Promises promises promises,Spend spend spend.
Three names,McDonnell,Abbott and Thornberry are not fit to govern.
Just waiting for Billy Smart to declare his support for labour!!

If the Tories are so good with the economy why has net debt rose 450 billion in the last 7 years after they promised to eradicate it by 2015?

RegTheDonk

Watching this debate you do have to wonder if there isn't something in that. The PM can't be bothered to turn up and they've sent Rudd who is totally out of her depth.
I know you have to be fair but I can't see the point in having the Greens, Plaid, UKIP (even the SNP in a uk wide broadcast) bellowing on when they won't muster more then a couple of seats. Rather have the main three debating so we can pick them apart and examine their policies.

lifeskyblue

Wish I was in Scotland...Nicola sturgeon a good leader and Angus Robertson more than a capable deputy. Not at all like stay away May and incompetent Rudd or Corbyn and mathematician Abott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W

westcountry_skyblue

If the Tories are so good with the economy why has net debt rose 450 billion in the last 7 years after they promised to eradicate it by 2015?
And McDonnell wants to borrow 500 billion,It's the normal working man that will end up paying for it all if they got in!!

clint van damme

And McDonnell wants to borrow 500 billion,It's the normal working man that will end up paying for it all if they got in!!

they are borrowing to set up a national investment bank, it's all been costed and it's based on the state owned KFW development bank in Germany, that's been a disaster hasn't it?

W

westcountry_skyblue

Nice left wing audience in there tonight.
We will see in just over a week,If you went to Tenerife Farron would have been to Elevenerife!
I predict a Tory majority of 30-50 seats!!

clint van damme

Think apart from Rudd and Nuttall they all came across OK.

Lucas was the best of the bunch for me but can't get past that with our voting system a vote for Greens is a wasted vote.

I just read that Amber Rudds Dad died Monday. Sending her into a live debate was appalling by May.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The debate proved nothing. Corbyn used deflector tactics on terrorism and Farron had a go at May. The audience were pretty debatable too.

I mean, May was wrong for not being there, but I really don't understand how people can vote for either Corbyn or Farron. They'll fuck this country in different ways than the Tories will.

If this is the standard of politics in the UK then frankly I might consider looking into putting myself forward.

SkyblueBazza

Personally - a few specifics I hate about this campaign...

1. Only one think has strong enough, respectable & honourable sound is Corbyn. May is flouncing about claiming for eg. more police to be added (she reduced the nbr as home secretary) & lauding stuff she's been against before. Not quite living up to the strong & stable leadership she spouts...that's just a snipe to close the loop on Corbyn having lost the MPs etc
2. It's become commonplace suddenly to make the election seem one of...May vs Corbyn (very much a presidential election)...whereas it should be about national policy. Now fair enough if the parties have decided that we change the whole system & have proportional representation as well!

Tbh I have no respect, or firm allegiance, or belief in any of the bastards...or most of their policies!

I think I would prefer a president...who appoints some successful big business entrepreneur type to plot the tactics on the economy, a professor of medicine to oversee health, a logistics expert to oversee transport...etc

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I don't know anything about politics, saw may on the news and she looks a shivering mess. What's with the ott facial expressions?

Johnnythespider

Nice left wing audience in there tonight.
We will see in just over a week,If you went to Tenerife Farron would have been to Elevenerife!
I predict a Tory majority of 30-50 seats!!
So the BBC brought in a left wing audience for a debate that Corbyn only said he would attend at about 11am this Morning, they stated several times that the audience was chosen across a wide spectrum. At the start of this election campaign I would have said your prediction was about right, but May has been an absolute disaster so I wouldn't like to call it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

The audience was picked based on the vote share in 2015 with some undecided added in. So there were, in fact, more ukip people there than their vote will be.

So small minded to say the audience were against you because you lost.

Brighton Sky Blue

The 'it's not a presidential election' argument reminds me of those who during the brexit referendum said 'if you're not sure, vote remain, you can always decide again next time'.

Corbyn leading the country is absolutely terrifying.

Yes implementing a manifesto full of policies which people want what a catastrophe. Much better to cosy up to the Saudis and take lunches off schoolchildren.

Brighton Sky Blue

The audience was picked based on the vote share in 2015 with some undecided added in. So there were, in fact, more kip people there than the skip vote will be.

So small minded to say because you lost the audience must be against you.

The BBC got a third party to select the audience for them. Channel 4/Sky on Monday though picked an evenly split audience and even then May was getting heckled at regular points-they're just not that into someone whose face scrunches up into bizarre contortions when they're questioned.

Brighton Sky Blue

Under Conservative plans the 'normal working man' will end up paying for over-inflation military spending while Mrs May takes the children's lunches away. There's a good reason why the Tory manifesto has so few costings-they haven't worked it out either.

rob9872

Do you all actually believe what you type and look at both sides of the argument? It seems to me most posts/posters reflect one view of either Corbyn's an idiot or Tories are nasty and bend every argument on every subject to suit your own personal agenda. It seems there are no grey areas which clearly can't be right.

clint van damme

Under Conservative plans the 'normal working man' will end up paying for over-inflation military spending while Mrs May takes the children's lunches away. There's a good reason why the Tory manifesto has so few costings-they haven't worked it out either.

what was it Damien Green said, something along the line of, " it has been costed, we just haven't worked out the costs yet". FFS, imagine if a labour MP had came out with that?!
Or got the cost of HS2 wrong by 20 billion like Philip Hammond did a couple of days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread