General Election (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

Do you all actually believe what you type and look at both sides of the argument? It seems to me most posts/posters reflect one view of either Corbyn's an idiot or Tories are nasty and bend every argument on every subject to suit your own personal agenda. It seems there are no grey areas which clearly can't be right.

to me the situation is a bit like City with sisu and this consortium.
I can understand some peoples concerns and their doubts about certain people involved but I'm prepared to take a leap of faith because I don't think it can get much worse.

SIR ERNIE

Boris this morning rightly bringing the discussion back to the most important matters:

1. You can't possibly trust the fantasy land economics of this hard left Labour mob. They'll trash the economy even quicker and more severely than they did last time. And if you haven't got a strong economy everything will suffer.

2. The prospect of the crucial Brexit negotiations being conducted by a half-hearted Corbyn supported by anti Brexiteers SNP and soppy Tim Farron is a non-starter.

Sick Boy

They are no worse than May, she is going to be a disaster. If I voted for Brexit her u-turning wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence.

In terms of growth, the UK's economy is currently on par with Italy, by the way. Is Italy's economy regarded as strong now, or has it always been regarded as strong?

clint van damme

Boris this morning rightly bringing the discussion back to the most important matters:

1. You can't possibly trust the fantasy land economics of this hard left Labour mob. They'll trash the economy even quicker and more severely than they did last time. And if you haven't got a strong economy everything will suffer.

2. The prospect of the crucial Brexit negotiations being conducted by a half-hearted Corbyn supported by anti Brexiteers SNP and soppy Tim Farron is a non-starter.

I admire your ability to totally ignore what is going on around you. Is it an actual condition?

clint van damme

They are no worse than May, she is going to be a disaster. If I voted for Brexit her u-turning wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence.

In terms of growth, the UK's economy is currently on par with Italy, by the way. Is Italy's economy regarded as strong now, or has it always been regarded as strong?

Growth predicted at 2%, the lowest of the G7 countries.

Only Greece has suffered greater wage contraction than UK of major European nations, (though the fact that the economy is still growing, albeit slowly indicates that as usual, under the tories,
an elite few are pocketing all the cash).

In 2010 tories said they would wipe out debt in 5 years, they've actually increased borrowing by 4-500 billion depending on the source.
3 days ago the chancellor got the costings of one of the biggest infrastructure projects this country will undertake, (HS2), wrong by 20 billion.

The tories have produced a totally uncosted manifesto.

Class sizes of 35 plus will be the norm from September due to education cuts.

Security forces and police say they cannot fight terrorism effectively due to cuts.

But you're supposed to trust them with the economy - why? Because labour are a bunch of lefties!!

Kingokings204

I think last nights debate kind of throws out the argument is the BBC left wing? The biased audience and support for Corbyn was laughable. He only made a decision to join the debate a day ago and my did he look unprepared as well. He looked thick and completely passive. Eyes down a lot and not really up for a fight. It was on a plate for him with may not being there which is disgraceful btw and he still cocked it up. Corbyn and abbot and McDonell would be the death of this country. We knew that anyway.

On a side note I absolutely hate Tim Farron with a lot of passion. He is a cretin but you know what last night he impressed me, his biggest hater. He was confident loud and passionate and even a few Whitty jokes. He roasted May for not being there big time. Very very impressive. He grasped it and it hurts me to say it.

Ian1779

I think last nights debate kind of throws out the argument is the BBC left wing? The biased audience and support for Corbyn was laughable. He only made a decision to join the debate a day ago and my did he look unprepared as well. He looked thick and completely passive. Eyes down a lot and not really up for a fight. It was on a plate for him with may not being there which is disgraceful btw and he still cocked it up. Corbyn and abbot and McDonell would be the death of this country. We knew that anyway.

On a side note I absolutely hate Tim Farron with a lot of passion. He is a cretin but you know what last night he impressed me, his biggest hater. He was confident loud and passionate and even a few Whitty jokes. He roasted May for not being there big time. Very very impressive. He grasped it and it hurts me to say it.

Did we watch the same programme? Or did you watch the CCHQ approved highlights?

clint van damme

so should he not have gone on and sent a recently bereaved underling in his place?

clint van damme

Did we watch the same programme? Or did you watch the CCHQ approved highlights?

not one coherent argument against Corbyn. He's a lefty, he's a disaster - tell me why?

I'm not 100% convinced by him or the shadow cabinet but I need someone to explain to me why he'd be a bigger disaster the the current tory cabinet who I think are the worst prime minister and front bench I can remember.

Brighton Sky Blue

Social democrats are now the 'hard left' and we are supposed to believe there has been no lurch to the right in this country. The Tories don't cost anything but are to be completely trusted on everything. We can't guarantee real terms increases in school funding, but we can for the military. We can even fund a new government department for flipping off the EU and Mrs May is happy to walk with no deal.

The smugness of people voting Conservative on the basis of them being the responsible ones will turn into the same case of 'hang on, where's my child's lunch' and 'why is the hospital in such a state' a little later. From my own perspective, I'll be able to thank you for classes of 35 and pay rises of 1% max. Still beats letting that guy with stubble get in eh.

Liquid Gold

Do you all actually believe what you type and look at both sides of the argument? It seems to me most posts/posters reflect one view of either Corbyn's an idiot or Tories are nasty and bend every argument on every subject to suit your own personal agenda. It seems there are no grey areas which clearly can't be right.
What is your opinion then?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yes implementing a manifesto full of policies which people want what a catastrophe. Much better to cosy up to the Saudis and take lunches off schoolchildren.

This is the staple response I am seeing from Labour voters when they are called out.

They cannot defend Corbyn, or a lot of the front bench, they just simply say 'look at the Tories'.

The fact is, Labour are bloody awful. The Tories are also bloody awful, and so are the Lib Dems.

How anyone can passionately get behind any of them is beyond me.

clint van damme

This is the staple response I am seeing from Labour voters when they are called out.

They cannot defend Corbyn, or a lot of the front bench, they just simply say 'look at the Tories'.

The fact is, Labour are bloody awful. The Tories are also bloody awful, and so are the Lib Dems.

How anyone can passionately get behind any of them is beyond me.

I have given plenty of evidence why the tories are running the country poorly. It's those slating Corbyn who haven't actually given a valid reason why. If the labour manifesto is so poorly costed give some detail.

It is the anti labour faction on here who don't actually give put reasoning to their hatred of Corbyn beyond he's a leftie, he'd be a disaster.

I don't know if Corbyn will be a good PM or if McDonnell will be a good chancellor, I do know May and Hammond are fucking awful, and don't get me started on Boris.

chiefdave

The vast majority of comments by May and the Conservatives, including their social media, are Corbyn bashing. Last night being a prime example. All the other parties, even that UKIP idiot, were putting across their own polices and stance and you had Rudd just shouting random comments about Corbyn.

Covstu

I must admit this is the first time I have been very split. TM not turning up was a massive own goal last night and shows how fragile she is as a leader although I feel more confident with her in Brexit negotiations. Labour have a very strong manifesto which can relate to the people which is backed up by figures (whether they are right or wrong time will tell I guess) but I cannot see anything in the Tory manifesto that people can actually latch onto?
Based on last night I would actually vote Green! Lucas come across very balanced albeit I do not think she would be a strong negotiator with Europe but maybe this is where Bartley takes up the mantle. Farron was quite frankly annoying and irritating.

Ian1779

Slag off Corbyn is literally the only thing they've put any thought into during their campaign.

Ian1779

not one coherent argument against Corbyn. He's a lefty, he's a disaster - tell me why?

I'm not 100% convinced by him or the shadow cabinet but I need someone to explain to me why he'd be a bigger disaster the the current tory cabinet who I think are the worst prime minister and front bench I can remember.

There are people like Abbott who I think would be moved elsewhere if Lab got in, and replaced by others not currently in the cabinet - like Clive Lewis as an example.

clint van damme

I must admit this is the first time I have been very split. TM not turning up was a massive own goal last night and shows how fragile she is as a leader although I feel more confident with her in Brexit negotiations. Labour have a very strong manifesto which can relate to the people which is backed up by figures (whether they are right or wrong time will tell I guess) but I cannot see anything in the Tory manifesto that people can actually latch onto?
Based on last night I would actually vote Green! Lucas come across very balanced albeit I do not think she would be a strong negotiator with Europe but maybe this is where Bartley takes up the mantle. Farron was quite frankly annoying and irritating.

perhaps one of the most interesting things to come out of last nights debate for me was how much Farron divides opinion, don't mind him myself.

clint van damme

There are people like Abbott who I think would be moved elsewhere if Lab got in, and replaced by others not currently in the cabinet - like Clive Lewis as an example.

I'd like to see Andy Burnham in there but he's obviously tied up with his new role in Manchester.

Covstu

perhaps one of the most interesting things to come out of last nights debate for me was how much Farron divides opinion, don't mind him myself.
its all about opinion isn't it! I just thought he come across as a bit of a smart arse, didn't say anything over and above what others covered off and tried to be funny when he wasn't!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I have given plenty of evidence why the tories are running the country poorly. It's those slating Corbyn who haven't actually given a valid reason why. If the labour manifesto is so poorly costed give some detail.

It is the anti labour faction on here who don't actually give put reasoning to their hatred of Corbyn beyond he's a leftie, he'd be a disaster.

I don't know if Corbyn will be a good PM or if McDonnell will be a good chancellor, I do know May and Hammond are fucking awful, and don't get me started on Boris.

Immigration concerns
Trident concerns
Shoot to kill concerns
Abbott concerns
McDonnell concerns

That's enough for me not to vote for a party. I am not a Tory or Labour voter, at present I detest them both.

Again, I am not saying the Tories are good, but when Labour are criticised it's either 'double standards' or 'look at the Tories'.

They aren't very good.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The vast majority of comments by May and the Conservatives, including their social media, are Corbyn bashing. Last night being a prime example. All the other parties, even that UKIP idiot, were putting across their own polices and stance and you had Rudd just shouting random comments about Corbyn.

I'm not saying the Tories haven't done that, but I am talking about Labour here. Any time they are criticised they just say 'look at the Tories'. This has happened again now.

My concerns on voting for them hardly get eased when this is the response most of the time. It's infuriating.

The Conservatives aren't taking the election seriously and don't deserve to win it. They believe smearing Corbyn is all they need to do to win which is arrogant and it has now evened the playing field.

People are trying to make out Labour are worthy competition but they just simply aren't.

This election is a hell of a clusterfuck.

clint van damme

Immigration concerns
Trident concerns
Shoot to kill concerns
Abbott concerns
McDonnell concerns

That's enough for me not to vote for a party. I am not a Tory or Labour voter, at present I detest them both.

Again, I am not saying the Tories are good, but when Labour are criticised it's either 'double standards' or 'look at the Tories'.

They aren't very good.

no it's not, I've given specific examples.

RegTheDonk

On Sky News now, the polls recokon May is the better leader but Labour have the better policies. Yet the Tories are still expected to win.

Some people say it's not a presidential race, but really it is.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Ok I will vote Tory because.
1. Corbyn and McDonnell and abbot support terrorist organisations
2.Labour cannot run an economy look at history
3.I hate left wing politics basically and what it stands for.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

no it's not, I've given specific examples.

Not hearty enough Clint. Not from yourself, other Labour voters, or the Labour party themselves.

There are too many concerns that haven't been comfortably put to bed enough. If Labour were to come out and tackle them all, they might win people over. A lot of voters are looking for a reason not to vote for May. It shouldn't be that hard, but as she will still probably win it will show that Labour still have a hell of a lot to do.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think a lot of people think the same.

Even though a lot of the policies in the manifesto Labour have produced are quite good, these above factors are enough to put people off.

I don't think many people feel pleased about voting Conservative, but I am pretty sure they will feel Labour are not a credible enough alternative to steer them away.

Liquid Gold

1. No they don't. They support dialogue which has, time and again, delivered results. (I won't mention Saudi Arabia in case I annoy earlsdon)
2. 2008 was a global economic crash not caused by a labour government. The worst of it could have been avoided with more stringent regulation of the markets which is what labour is proposing.
3. Left wing politics is about making society a level playing field and allowing all to achieve their full potential. If you don't agree with that then nobody can help you.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

1. No they don't. They support dialogue which has, time and again, delivered results. (I won't mention Saudi Arabia in case I annoy earlsdon)
2. 2008 was a global economic crash not caused by a labour government. The worst of it could have been avoided with more stringent regulation of the markets which is what labour is proposing.
3. Left wing politics is about making society a level playing field and allowing all to achieve their full potential. If you don't agree with that then nobody can help you.

1. Saudi does annoy me, purely because we shouldn't have anything to do with them. Also, don't confuse me with a Tory hardcore, I'm as big of a critic to them than I am the others. Again however, that doesn't deflect Labour's affiliation with terrorist groups. 'Dialogue' is a poor excuse, look at Abbot's interview with Marr - she's a liability.

2. The global economic crash not so much, government debt definitely. It cannot be denied that Labour were irresponsible with spending. Pick your party: cuts or debts. I fucking hate them both.

3. Left wing politics is naive and weak when it comes to a lot of things. It is the notion that everything in the world is equal. I wish it was, but it isn't, and thinking that way just gets you fucked in the ass. I don't think most people here are talking about economic policies actually, it's more the cultural ones. As much as I hate to say it, people are on edge due to events like the Manchester attack and don't think many believe he is strong enough or proactive enough to do anything about it. They believe he is more likely to make it worse.

chiefdave

Labour cannot run an economy look at history
Take it you didn't read the article I posted a link to the other day?

If the Conservatives are so good at running the economy why has the UK now got the worst performing economy in the G7? Why is inflation rising? Why are price increases outstripping wage increases (our wage stagnation is on a par with Greece, no other country is close to being as bad)?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Earlsdon - affiliation with terrorist groups? Your language is miles off.

IRA, Hamas, Hezbollah.

He hasn't condemned any of them. Why?

I'm not saying he is building rockets for them, but it's hardly reassuring or encouraging to vote for someone who appears like this, or acts as if he doesn't love his country very much.

Users who are viewing this thread