General Election (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

It is 19% now. So nearly a 50% jump. And Trump said that he is going to lower it to 15%.

He's also going to build a wall isn't he? Christ it's getting desperate when people have to use Trump.to back up their POV.

fernandopartridge

Sometimes it is good to look into something than blindly follow what you always do.

What objections above?

So if we raise corporation tax there is no chance of companies moving to where it is cheaper and the same investments would still be made here?

I believe that the notion of companies moving to take advantage of lower CT is generally overstated. The reality is that companies move to where the workforce meets the skill requirements of the company. It's almost as if moving countries is free.

Astute

He's also going to build a wall isn't he? Christ it's getting desperate when people have to use Trump.to back up their POV.
You are right. People who think Corbyn would make a good PM have continually mentioned him.

skybluetony176

John McDonnell was against the peace process wasn't he? It was bombs and bullets for him wasn't it? Unbelievable.

Pretty sure he was pro peace process not anti. That was the whole point of him and Corbyn opening dialogue with Sinn Fein and the IRA when those in power wouldn't right up until John Major.

His comments about IRA members being brave etc. were way out but to say he was anti peace process sounds like a Facebook headline and you don't have the intelligence to work out that it's probably an untruth. Maybe it had a picture with it? That's the facebook law isn't it? If it has a picture with it it must be true.

Last edited:

Astute

Pretty sure he was pro peace process not anti. That was the whole point of him and Corbyn opening dialogue with Sinn Fein and the IRA.

His comments about IRA members being brave etc. were way out but to say he was anti peace process sounds like a Facebook headline and you don't have the intelligence to work out that it's probably an untruth. Maybe it had a picture with it? That's the facebook law isn't it? If it has a picture with it it must be true.
I don't do farcebook. More trouble than it's worth. And I'm not interested in what someone is having for their dinner.

Who said anti peace? As you said though he has at least made bad choices on comments made. At best he should have engaged his brain before using his mouth. Not PM material to me.

Once they have got rid of him I will most probably vote Labour again. But they have already tried getting rid of him and failed. His faults are why he was 200/1 to become Labour leader.

clint van damme

I don't do farcebook. More trouble than it's worth. And I'm not interested in what someone is having for their dinner.

Who said anti peace? As you said though he has at least made bad choices on comments made. At best he should have engaged his brain before using his mouth. Not PM material to me.

Once they have got rid of him I will most probably vote Labour again. But they have already tried getting rid of him and failed. His faults are why he was 200/1 to become Labour leader.

he must be doing something right, the right wing press have really started gunning for him in the last few days.

I'm sure those 5 billionaire media moguls have the best interest of the British electorate at heart.

SIR ERNIE

No, I wouldn't describe Corbyn as 'anti-peace'.

Just anti-Britain.

clint van damme

No, I wouldn't describe Corbyn as 'anti-peace'.

Just anti-Britain.

Served his constituency for 30 years and was untarnished by the expenses scandal. A man who really understands his civic duty.
Perhaps he should have took backhanders to lobby on behalf oil companies and foreign energy providers like some of our other 'patriotic' MPs?

Astute

Corbyn never aided or armed the IRA. Right now though our Prime Minister is arming an extremist Islamic dictatorship committing war crimes with our weapons. Might I suggest she get a question on that just once?
Corbyn has always been happy to praise them and refuses to ever say anything against them. Would you like to explain why you see that as PM material?

You can question May as much as you want. BTW do you think that I will be voting Tory? :rolleyes:

Astute

he must be doing something right, the right wing press have really started gunning for him in the last few days.

I'm sure those 5 billionaire media moguls have the best interest of the British electorate at heart.
Who else could they aim at? This is the worse general election in my lifetime. I'm hoping that the Monster Raving Loony Party have a candidate where I live.

Astute

Served his constituency for 30 years and was untarnished by the expenses scandal. A man who really understands his civic duty.
Perhaps he should have took backhanders to lobby on behalf oil companies and foreign energy providers like some of our other 'patriotic' MPs?
You missed out about praising IRA members who committed murder of innocent people.

clint van damme

Who else could they aim at? This is the worse general election in my lifetime. I'm hoping that the Monster Raving Loony Party have a candidate where I live.

they could try aiming at the truth with some balanced coverage for once.

skyblueinBaku

They have. He or she is called the Labour Party candidate.

Grendel

No not entirely, but it will go some considerable way towards it, shutting down
Tax avoidance schemes that allow some of our wealthiest celebrities and sports
Stars to get away with paying next to nothing.
The raising of income tax for people earning £80000 or more, as well as business
Rates and taxes raised by an invigorated economy, bought about by more money
In people's pockets, and a general feeling we've emerged from under a stinking
Black cloud after 7 years.

Remind me how much borrowing is planned under Corbynomics?

Astute

they could try aiming at the truth with some balanced coverage for once.
He has been questioned on TV about it on the run up to the election. He refused to say anything that might upset anyone. That was when I decided that he wasn't getting my vote.

Grendel

Corbyn never aided or armed the IRA. Right now though our Prime Minister is arming an extremist Islamic dictatorship committing war crimes with our weapons. Might I suggest she get a question on that just once?

No he just labelled murderees heroes.

torchomatic

IMG_20170607_170018.jpg

Grendel

You can usually spot me in the City Arms sporting a Che Guevara shirt with a copy of Stalinist literature and a vanilla latte. Come over and say hello.

Sadly after hiked corporation taxes, massively escalating interest rates and a hike in the minimum wage it may be out of business tomorrow.

Joy Division

Corbyn has always been happy to praise them and refuses to ever say anything against them. Would you like to explain why you see that as PM material?
? :rolleyes:

What do you mean by always happy to praise them?

Joy Division

Sadly after hiked corporation taxes, massively escalating interest rates and a hike in the minimum wage it may be out of business tomorrow.

Perhaps with the higher minimum wage then normal people can afford to spend a bit and keep it open

clint van damme

You missed out about praising IRA members who committed murder of innocent people.

that's all everyone keeps throwing about, it's a spurious story, (I think it's been twisted by the right wing media) but if you can't get past it then that's fair enough.
I'm interested in the here and now. The current terrorist threat are being appeased and employed by the current government and funded by their friends in the gulf.
When senior police officers tried to warn her of the effects of cuts May told them they were scare mongering.
The economy is struggling badly.
Education is in a mess and class sizes are due to increase in September despite tory pledges to give all children a good start in life, it will be worse come September 2018 after the next round of cuts.
Nurses are on the same money now as 2009 equating to a pay decrease in real terms, May will implement the recommendations of the Naylor report if returned to number 10 which will spell the end of the NHS but it's safe in her hands apparently.
The tories are the party of the working family yet more and more working people are using food banks despite millionaire ian duncan smiths assertion that a family can live on 7 pound a day.
Brexit will be lead by May and Boris, both have proven to be brilliant in a back stabbing contest, pretty shit at everything else.
These issues, rightly or wrongly, are of more of a concern to me.

Users who are viewing this thread