General Election (6 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Nuneaton stay conservative.

Old bloke falls asleep standing up. Putin photobombs

DB1fv1BXYAASXXf.jpg:large

SkyblueBazza

If the exit polls are anywhere near correct the Tories could do a lot worse than May going and Ruth Davidson becoming leader. She's always impressed me personally and is probably the best ambassador the Tory party has. Certainly a far better prospect than Boris or anyone else prominent in the conservative party. IMO.
Exit polls & all that bollocks is exactly what is wrong with the country...these people are paid money for predicting the outcome of the election based upon what they are told by on induviduals leaving the polling station. I for one tell them to fuck off. How many tell them lies? And then all that we have to do is (just like the good old days) switch off the tv (which is now all speculation & rumour & conjecture with sparodic reporting of results) & get some sleep instead of Ll this bollocks

Like what I am going to do after a good night out

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

martcov

You seem to be totally dismissing that it could be wrong in favour of Labour.

If labour has done enough to take away the overall majority, then the people really are taking their country back. We have seen what happened with Brexit and Trump. Who got the country back? The rich and the nasties, the bigots, and the people who blame others and not their rulers for their plight. People are waking up - Wilders didn't follow through as expected, Le Pen got hammered by Macron, Trump is getting himself into more trouble every day and now May could face total humiliation in an election where she was saying that she needs a comfortable majority to push her hard Brexit stance.

I'm loving it and I hope she has lost the majority.

Great times.

Brighton Sky Blue

If labour has done enough to take away the overall majority, then the people really are taking their country back. We have seen what happened with Brexit and Trump. Who got the country back? The rich and the nasties, the bigots, and the people who blame others and not their rulers for their plight. People are waking up - Wilders didn't follow through as expected, Le Pen got hammered by Macron, Trump is getting himself into more trouble every day and now May could face total humiliation in an election where she was saying that she needs a comfortable majority to push her hard Brexit stance.

I'm loving it and I hope she has lost the majority.

Great times.

Swings to Labour in Tory safe seats, some swings to the Tories in Labour safe seats. What has been especially funny to watch was Jack Straw suddenly pretending that he's happy with Corbyn's performance. How he and other Blairites must now be wishing they hadn't wasted their time knifing him in the back.

Grendel

lifeskyblue

Going to be a lot of v tight seats. I think by the end of the season he might we will see a very small Tory majority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

I'm strangely addicted to watching the results tonight, I think it's watching people try to hide their anger and smile and applaud after they have lost and then the people who have won pretending not to be smug.
I love these nights. This one more so than the last two though with the way i lean. You not got work tomorrow?

Liquid Gold

Going to be a lot of v tight seats. I think by the end of the season he might we will see a very small Tory majority.

That's what I've been predicting all along. basically no change, a huge waste of time, instability and knives out for the PM. My sources are right on this one. I'd still swap them for Cov sources like half this board have though.

Nick

Administrator
I love these nights. This one more so than the last two though with the way i lean. You not got work tomorrow?

Yeah but I only usually get 3 or 4 hours sleep so this gives me something to probably put me to sleep a bit earlier rather than documentaries about the london underground on netflix!

lifeskyblue

I'm strangely addicted to watching the results tonight, I think it's watching people try to hide their anger and smile and applaud after they have lost and then the people who have won pretending not to be smug.

The best ever was when Portillo (darling of the Tories) lost to Stephen twig in 1997. To be fair to portillo he was v gracious when inside he must have been dying.

Nick

Administrator
The best ever was when Portillo (darling of the Tories) lost to Stephen twig in 1997. To be fair to portillo he was v gracious when inside he must have been dying.

That's the kind of stuff I'm hoping to see.

The future of the country can go on the back burner here and let me just watch reactions of people losing or a quality heckle if I'm lucky.

skybluetony176

Darlington a big blow for May. It's looking more and more like she's royaly fucked up. Not as bad as the exit polls were suggesting but she may well struggle to remain Tory leader. Can't see her leading another general election, she'll be gone before the next one as she's demonstrated a complete inability to run an election campaign.

Corbyn on the other hand. Imagine what he could have done if his party had rallied behind him.

Liquid Gold

Yeah but I only usually get 3 or 4 hours sleep so this gives me something to probably put me to sleep a bit earlier rather than documentaries about the london underground on netflix!
I watched the one on iplayer about the building of the severn bridge last night. riveting.

lifeskyblue

Nick if you can get it on YouTube it's worth a watch. Huge shock on the night. Wife and I at a friends election party...all drunk but we were watching in stunned silent.

AngryAnt

Darlington a big blow for May. It's looking more and more like she's royaly fucked up. Not as bad as the exit polls were suggesting but she may well struggle to remain Tory leader. Can't see her leading another general election, she'll be gone before the next one as she's demonstrated a complete inability to run an election campaign.

Corbyn on the other hand. Imagine what he could have done if his party had rallied behind him.

You've got to hand it to Corbyn, what he's done in two months has been nothing short of amazing. To get a party in turmoil to appear to unite and reduce a 20 point lead...
He did have a helping hand in TM's terrible campaign and can't see how she can stay anywhere near the PM/front benches now.

Fully expect to see another election within 6 months.

Liquid Gold

Ah mine's at work so I can be hardcore and whack Discovery on whenever I want.

giphy.gif

I don't start work 'till half 9 and its only a 3 minute walk so i can just go to bed late. she's up at 5 so has to go to bed early. Plenty of random shit to watch

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
I don't start work 'till half 9 and its only a 3 minute walk so i can just go to bed late. she's up at 5 so has to go to bed early. Plenty of random shit to watch

giphy.gif
Think there is up there with the softest conversation on here, when we are allowed to watch documentaries or not. Really laying the authority down, LADS!!

Alright for some, up at 6.30 then school run then work :(

Users who are viewing this thread