General Election (9 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

And Scotland voted remain. V complex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but the electoral map is such there that the central belt tends to vote differently to the rest of the country. Rural Scotland has never been hot on the EU and it was always going to cost the SNP in those areas to frame the election around Brexit.

Brighton Sky Blue

Will be interested to see how my OH's seat of Banff and Buchan goes, very high anti-EU sentiment around there.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Plus the thousands who were evicted because they couldn't pay the Bedroom Tax plus the thousands whose dole money was 'sanctioned' for no good reason' plus the thousands who died after being declared 'fit for work'.
I'm sure the labour party brought the bedroom tax in last time they were in power.

Brighton Sky Blue

Seems that most of the Labour gains in Scotland can be attributed to the Tories taking tonnes of votes from the SNP while the Labour vote has held.

Liquid Gold

What also seems crystal clear is that if the SNP hold another referendum they'll be humiliated.
I was speaking to a Scottish friend yesterday and she said that Labour are done in Scotland as they are not supportive enough of indyref2. It looks as though she was completely wrong and Scotland has no appetite for independence.

Brighton Sky Blue

I was speaking to a Scottish friend yesterday and she said that Labour are done in Scotland as they are not supportive enough of indyref2. It looks as though she was completely wrong and Scotland has no appetite for independence.

I lived there for a long time and my other half is still there at the moment. The SNP have framed this far too heavily around Brexit, while the unionist voters have wised up to get them out in as many seats as they can manage. There is real scepticism of the EU outside the central belt. Labour's real problem there is they support progressive policy positions whilst also remaining in the UK-that is just not too popular.

Otis

I had no choice. Had to get up at 2 as my daughter was off to Barcelona with her school very early this morning.

Kingokings204

So looks like Tory minority government. No coalition deals on the table. Another election anyone?

Brighton Sky Blue

I had no choice. Had to get up at 2 as my daughter was off to Barcelona with her school very early this morning.

If she gets the chance she should go to the Rey de la Gambas by Barceloneta beach. Gigantic paellas for 10 Euros each.

Users who are viewing this thread