General Election (6 Viewers)

Johnnythespider

The irony of Scotland complaining for years that they had Conservative governments faced upon then now forcing one on England is brilliant though.
If Sturgeon wasn't banging on about indyref2 I don't think they would have won any seats, but the unionists have used this election to kill it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

oakey

Was it Corbyn though?

Am I the only one who normally votes Labour but couldn't on principle? A record amount of first timevoters went for demolishing student fees. Pay raise for government workers. More money for the NHS. Or was it Corbyn and not what was on offer?
I held my nose and voted Labour. The first time I have ever struggled. I give Corbyn credit for running a fine campaign and energising young people but I see him as a transitional figure who has brought Labour's mojo back. A new leader will have to emerge in due course to unite all sections of the party. It cannot afford to ignore the talented people it has in the centre and right of the party. They could then replace the Tories as the natural Party of government again.

Johnnythespider

Corbyn's links to the IRA don't count, but because the DUP are siding with the Tories, their links do.

Left wing mindset...

Corbyn's links were not good, and neither are these.
Corbyn is not about to form a government with Sinn Fein

dancers lance

Corbyn is not about to form a government with Sinn Fein

He would if he thought it will hand him power, but I'm afraid that is off the cards as they do not acknowledge Westminster and refuse to sit in Parliament.

dancers lance

Surely we should now move to Proportional Representation.

dancers lance

They need a manifesto first. Either that or I missed it.
The Torie manifesto has been there undoing, they used it to try and sneak things past people that they would never have done without thinking they had such a strong support base, and it's rather spectacularly back fired.

skybluetony176

Unless the UK crashes out with no deal, a hard Brexit is now off the cards, IMO.

This where May royally fucked up. 72% of the population (IIRC) voted in the referendum, of those who voted there was a gnats cock in the difference, it wasn't far of 50/50. So with all her out means out, hard brexit ranting she's already isolated near 50% of those likely to vote, she's also isolated a percentage of those that voted remain. Contrary to what a lot of leavers (the we know what we voted for crowd) would have you believe not all of those who voted leave were expecting or wanting to come out of the single market. Of my core group of friends and family I would say that we were a good reflection of of the result, however of those that voted leave I would say that half of them were expecting a hard brexit with the rest expecting a soft brexit and one of those being a serious bregreter. Then you throw into the mix that almost a whole new year of voters have come of age, the majority of which are inclined to vote remain and have been mobilised by Corbyn with an alternative to hard brexit and austerity.

Add to that that she's managed to turn out the worse manifesto in living memory sticking the knife into her core demographic of support, the over 50's, with taking away their pension safe guard and hitting them with a tax where they have to chose cancer as a preferable death to dementia (seriously, what sick fuck would make people think like that) and she really has gotten of lightly.

I'm a traditional Tory voter whose just voted labour. I've always thought Corbyn is a liability and truthfully I haven't really changed my mind on that, but compared to May. Jees that woman is dangerous, if her decision to call the election wasn't ill advised enough but then to go and produce a manifesto I wouldn't wipe my arse on. She has to go. She's the very definition of unstable, if she truly believes that the country needs stability she has to resign and this weekend.

Kingokings204

Unless the UK crashes out with no deal, a hard Brexit is now off the cards, IMO.

Hard and soft brexits don't exist.
You voted to either remain or leave. It's not complicated.

What's always concerned me is backsliding on the single market and other things.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

skybluetony176

Problem is, does her quitting actually help things become more stable?

I'm starting to think even BoJo would be a more stable option.

The longer the day has gone on and the more I've seen of her response the more I dislike the woman. At the moment she's sitting next to Blair for me as equally poor excuses for a PM. Blair at least had a honeymoon period. I'll give him that.

Sick Boy

What's always concerned me is backsliding on the single market and other things.

The DUP will likely insist that the UK remains inside the customs union. IMO, we will end up with the Norway option with a restrictions on unskilled immigration for say 3 years, but remain in the single market with FoM.

Users who are viewing this thread