George Thomas (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Of course because TF and SISU dont take any money of of the club. They do it all for free and the love of CCFC.

TF could well do, directors are paid. Never disputed that based on his "word" anyway.

Where's all the money going then?

Colin Steins Smile

if he'd offered him a 12 month contract this time last year this board would have been in melt down.
The Thomas contract situation is a reflection on the tight financial situation the club is in. The club has limited themselves to relatively short term contracts to reduce the business risk. During better times the club was able to commit to longer term contracts for developing talent...and that is what we are seeing from the Premier league clubs who tie up young players on long term deals and speculating a return on 10-20% of these players either playing 10-12 games a season or being sold on within the contract time.
Whilst, I'm no fan of the current leadership. The choices they have to make in trying to run the club on a very limited budget can mean they miss opportunities to maximise transfer income returns

Skyblueweeman

The Thomas contract situation is a reflection on the tight financial situation the club is in. The club has limited themselves to relatively short term contracts to reduce the business risk. During better times the club was able to commit to longer term contracts for developing talent...and that is what we are seeing from the Premier league clubs who tie up young players on long term deals and speculating a return on 10-20% of these players either playing 10-12 games a season or being sold on within the contract time.
Whilst, I'm no fan of the current leadership. The choices they have to make in trying to run the club on a very limited budget can mean they miss opportunities to maximise transfer income returns

Is it really a reflection of our financial situation though?? We offered a contract (which will be an increase on what he was on), but an EPL club offers more, then his head will obviously turn towards them. You're kind of right in as much as our financial situation being a L2 club but it's not like we've not offered him improved terms as we're a basket case of a club. A distinction between the two exists.

And your point about previously offering longer terms to developing talent...I don't have to hand what we've previously offered to youngsters coming through from the academy. All I've seen this Summer though is getting the majority of our signings in on 2yr contracts which is a refreshing change from the 1yr deals or season long loans.

Seamus1

Did the club not tie Ben Stevenson down to a 4 year deal only in October?

Before February, I doubt many would have shed much of a tear at George Thomas leaving or not being offered a new contract (to be honest I would not be too bothered if he left any way even now), as his performances up to that point were poor.

RoboCCFC90

Of course because TF and SISU dont take any money of of the club. They do it all for free and the love of CCFC.

Accounts signed off by CCFC, checked by an independent company and then reported by the Telegraph show no money isn't taken out of the Club - unless you can show us otherwise that everyone else has missed?

MatthewWallis

Accounts signed off by CCFC, checked by an independent company and then reported by the Telegraph show no money isn't taken out of the Club - unless you can show us otherwise that everyone else has missed?

That's a double negative, 'no money isn't taken' means it is :rolleyes:

Captain Dart

Lots of money flows out of the club, the £4.3M wages element is clear enough but the accounts do not itemise exactly what the £1.2M direct operating costs and £1.9M administrative expenses were spent on. Plenty of scope to hide a few benefits.

rupert_bear

Yet again this is mis-management of our football club, you do not allow young players to slip out of contract. These players have been nertured through the youth system since as young as 9, they blossom into young progidays and should they move on our club has the whip hand on any fee, I'm not saying Thomas is the next Lineker or Shearer but he has to start somewhere and from a slow start he did start to grab a few goals, get a bit of international experience too now he will be given away

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

Yet again this is mis-management of our football club, you do not allow young players to slip out of contract. These players have been nertured through the youth system since as young as 9, they blossom into young progidays and should they move on our club has the whip hand on any fee, I'm not saying Thomas is the next Lineker or Shearer but he has to start somewhere and from a slow start he did start to grab a few goals, get a bit of international experience too now he will be given away

But we offered him a new contract. He's not signed it.

Had we offered him a 4 yr deal last year when 99% of fans thought he wasn't much cop, we would've been castigated for wasting money on someone unproven. Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Ever heard about the correlation of players upping their games as they get towards the end of their contracts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shmmeee

But we offered him a new contract. He's not signed it.

Had we offered him a 4 yr deal last year when 99% of fans thought he wasn't much cop, we would've been castigated for wasting money on someone unproven. Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Ever heard about the correlation of players upping their games as they get towards the end of their contracts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd buy this if he was in his late 20s on his third club, but hes been on a journey through from the academy and last year was his breakthrough season. Even if he didn't make it last year another season would've been likely. His wages wouldn't have been loads, we aren't taking a 4 year deal for David Bell situation here. Do you really think people would've been bitching had we kept a kid on for an extra year?

Nick

Administrator
I'd buy this if he was in his late 20s on his third club, but hes been on a journey through from the academy and last year was his breakthrough season. Even if he didn't make it last year another season would've been likely. His wages wouldn't have been loads, we aren't taking a 4 year deal for David Bell situation here. Do you really think people would've been bitching had we kept a kid on for an extra year?
Like Jack Finch? If we gave Thomas an extra year and he broke through the same would happen.

Adge

David Bell!:bored:

Grendel

So you think every 19 year old whose not actually looked capable of a first team place should be offered a deal -- "just in case"? Do you think Thomas at present is worth twice what Cian Harris was sold for -- have you thought this through?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Yes, no players have signed with us since those players went and there's been no signing on fees, agents fees etc etc.

Surely even a SISU apologist can see there's no way our squad has not had 2/3 million pound pumped in after player sales.

Our 'business model' as Fisher likes to brand it, is a total shambles. Name any other business which annually sells all of its key assets and still expects to operate at the same performance and profit level...?

If your favourite restauraunt told its chef to do one, sold all of its ovens, hot plates, pots pans and said to you don't worry because we've bought an Albanian microwave, a second hand Hoover and found some oven gloves down an alley, would you still expect the same quality meals?

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

Surely even a SISU apologist can see there's no way our squad has not had 2/3 million pound pumped in after player sales.

Our 'business model' as Fisher likes to brand it, is a total shambles. Name any other business which annually sells all of its key assets and still expects to operate at the same performance and profit level...?

If your favourite restauraunt told its chef to do one, sold all of its ovens, hot plates, pots pans and said to you don't worry because we've bought an Albanian microwave, a second hand Hoover and found some oven gloves down an alley, would you still expect the same quality meals?
OMG you must use the same curry house I go to!

Nick

Administrator

Who has said all of it? Thats why I also said into running the club and covering losses.

Keep frothing though

mark82

Lots of money flows out of the club, the £4.3M wages element is clear enough but the accounts do not itemise exactly what the £1.2M direct operating costs and £1.9M administrative expenses were spent on. Plenty of scope to hide a few benefits.

I thought the accounts broke those down a bit further a few pages on? I might be wrong, I only glanced over them.

Captain Dart

I thought the accounts broke those down a bit further a few pages on? I might be wrong, I only glanced over them.

Lot of detail isn't there.. there is also a more detailed list of costs amounting to about £783K under the heading "Operating loss on ordinary activities" but otherwise no detail of what monies were spent on. Clearly there are significant costs to run the club but unless they are presented at a reasonable level of detail they could be paying for a wide range of unidentified services.
upload_2017-7-29_9-3-12.png

Nick

Administrator
Lot of detail isn't there.. there is also a more detailed list of costs amounting to about £783K under the heading "Operating loss on ordinary activities" but otherwise no detail of what monies were spent on. Clearly there are significant costs to run the club but unless they are presented at a reasonable level of detail they could be paying for a wide range of unidentified services.
View attachment 7804
You mean you have no idea but will try and make it out to suit ;)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

The accounts provide no evidence that's quite correct. It should be good evidence but is no guarantee. Reporting by CT is no evidence or guarantee at all

Nick

Administrator
Apparently turned down their first offer, they haven't come back with another....

Makes you wonder how much interest there is if they don't want to pay / tribunal.

Skybluefaz

It look like they'll go to the tribunal expecting it to be a lower fee than coming in with a second bid. I imagine if they've spoken to GT he's made it clear he wants to go to Leicester and you can understand why. It's annoying that it's lingering on though, just piss off now.

torchomatic

Well, the only consolation is we've got another month until the window closes but it would have been ideal if he'd either committed or gone by now. I've lost count of the signings we've made. Didn't Robins say he wanted ten (or was it twelve?) new players or something? How many short are we of that?

Nick

Administrator
Well, the only consolation is we've got another month until the window closes but it would have been ideal if he'd either committed or gone by now. I've lost count of the signings we've made. Didn't Robins say he wanted ten (or was it twelve?) new players or something? How many short are we of that?

We have signed 9 so far, I assume we will get 1 or 2 proper signings then loans once Turnbull, Reid and GT do one.

letsallsingtogether

Apparently turned down their first offer, they haven't come back with another....

Makes you wonder how much interest there is if they don't want to pay / tribunal.
For once not taking the money and running.
If they want him then they should pay if not, we can keep him make him better and up the price.
For once they are doing the right thing.

Users who are viewing this thread