George Thomas (2 Viewers)

mark82

Well, he might we ll do if it was a rolling weekly deal which meant he was technically under contract but with no commitment blocking him from leaving if he wanted to....

Because he's a talented player and even if he plays a couple of games and then leaves it'll be worth it if his contributions helps us get points on the board.

He's really not that good. He's a good player and I'd like him to stay but he's not good enough to do that for.

Nick

Administrator
Is he really that good that he can just stroll in here and there for a game and make a difference?

I'd much rather play somebody committed than upset the balance of the team to fit somebody in who is hardly a superstar. It didn't even work with Joe Cole.

It's not like drafting a ringer in for Sunday league when they haven't got a semi pro game where they will totally boss it and score 7 goals.

Grendel

Well, he might we ll do if it was a rolling weekly deal which meant he was technically under contract but with no commitment blocking him from leaving if he wanted to....

Because he's a talented player and even if he plays a couple of games and then leaves it'll be worth it if his contributions helps us get points on the board.

He has already agreed terms with a Premier League club. He breaks his leg on saturday?

Liquid Gold

I think that you can only have one contract offer given to a player at any one time. To offer him a rolling weekly contract we'd have to withdraw what's on the table now and any money we'd be entitled to through a tribunal would be significantly reduced.

Grendel

I think he was just using it as an example of why he wouldn't do it.

Yes though its certain he will have agreed something with them already if the club have rejected the offer

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Good luck GT where ever you end up.
Thanks for the 100% effort you always put in wearing the shirt.
I hope you don't see this as you will have read a lot of posts from imbeciles unnecessarily slagging you off.
the issue is him messing about is affecting us now. I wish him the best, he's made the best of limited talent and will get a good move.

Him just hanging about is souring it a little. Surely a quiet word to Robins to say he's off so we can use that budget on someone else

Covstu

the issue is him messing about is affecting us now. I wish him the best, he's made the best of limited talent and will get a good move.

Him just hanging about is souring it a little. Surely a quiet word to Robins to say he's off so we can use that budget on someone else
But is it him messing us about or can the clubs not get there acts together?

mark82

I wouldn't say he has limited talent. A former England international called him the most talented player at the club. To realise that potential he needs to play regularly. This saga dragging on is hurting both George and us.

mark82

But is it him messing us about or can the clubs not get there acts together?

Only club that needs to get its act together in this situation is the buying club. We have little say other than rejecting a fee if we consider it insufficient.

Nick

Administrator
Could it be another camwell situation where there is no apparently maybe no actual bid? ;)

It was said they made an offer, apparently he heard nothing from Stoke

oucho

Is he really that good that he can just stroll in here and there for a game and make a difference?

I'd much rather play somebody committed than upset the balance of the team to fit somebody in who is hardly a superstar. It didn't even work with Joe Cole.

It's not like drafting a ringer in for Sunday league when they haven't got a semi pro game where they will totally boss it and score 7 goals.
No but right now he'd be in my first choice XI and therefore would start if he was available, under contract and fit.

Nick

Administrator
No but right now he'd be in my first choice XI and therefore would start if he was available, under contract and fit.
He would need to play to get fit, taking the place of somebody committed and a full pre season. Like Cole did

torchomatic

If he wanted to leave he'd go, if he wanted to stay he'd sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, he obviously does want to go. However, the fly in the ointment is that somebody has to want you. It seems Leicester do (or did) but they haven't made a concrete offer, so he'll be in limbo until that happens. It's his own fault. No sympathy, just want him gone. I'm not particularly going to miss a player who's had a couple of good months in his career so far.

Grendel

Again as with Turnball if Thomas had flopped when he made it in the team he would have been dumped like Finch.

Why should he give a fuck about the club and its fans when no one would give a fuck about him if he hadn't delivered?

He needs to think of himself and himself only

Alan Dugdales Moustache

....maybe he think he's good enough for bigger fish than Swansea and Leicester.

twistandshout

The way I understand is that even though George is out of contract City are due a development fee.Leicester have made an offer and Cov have declined it, Leicester can up the offer , pull out or go to a tribunal.More likely they will wait and as we get closer to the transfer window closing City who need the money for a striker will except a lower fee.

Sbarcher

Leicester seem to be playing hardball. Not sure why they won't pay 500k for him. The difference is less than 2 weeks wages for Vardy. Maybe it's to show who bosses the M69! 200k is nothing to them but significant to us. Think they are greedy buggers.

AlansEyes

Leicester can hold out because they hold all of the cards here. Thomas isn't joining them to go into the first team so it makes no difference to them if they sign him today or on 1st Sept. We're trying to play hardball with the fee but they know we will become increasingly twitchy as the month drags on and will probably snap their hand off if they come back in with their original offer.

Nick

Administrator
Leicester can hold out because they hold all of the cards here. Thomas isn't joining them to go into the first team so it makes no difference to them if they sign him today or on 1st Sept. We're trying to play hardball with the fee but they know we will become increasingly twitchy as the month drags on and will probably snap their hand off if they come back in with their original offer.
So just let it go to tribunal then :)

AJB1983

I think Thomas goes then Mr Baker will be in, money from Thomas used to pay up his contract at Pompey?

Seamus1

What if Leicester City now think 'actually he's not worth it, we'll put this money towards developing the next Chilwell' and so withdraw any offering to Thomas.

We are then left with a player who will continue to dick about trying to find other clubs and then use CCFC as a last resort to sign the contract offered to him, and who for probably the first two months of the campaign will be behind in terms of fitness yet picking up better wages.

The rule needs to be changed in so far as the new contract offer can be withdrawn by the club once the player has passed the end of the original contract, yet compensation still owed due to having made the offer. CCFC could be waiting another month now to get in a much needed striker because of all of this.

Nick

Administrator
What if Leicester City now think 'actually he's not worth it, we'll put this money towards developing the next Chilwell' and so withdraw any offering to Thomas.

We are then left with a player who will continue to dick about trying to find other clubs and then use CCFC as a last resort to sign the contract offered to him, and who for probably the first two months of the campaign will be behind in terms of fitness yet picking up better wages.

The rule needs to be changed in so far as the new contract offer can be withdrawn by the club once the player has passed the end of the original contract, yet compensation still owed due to having made the offer. CCFC could be waiting another month now to get in a much needed striker because of all of this.

There should definitely be a deadline on how long the offer from us remains before losing out on compensation. George Thomas is effectively a free agent now so can sign for somebody outside of the window can't he?

no_loyalty

George Thomas is effectively a free agent now so can sign for somebody outside of the window can't he?

I don't believe he can sign for a premier league club outside of the transfer window, but he could sign for a championship club. I'm not sure about leagues in other countries though

Users who are viewing this thread