Get a grip, this is a rebuilding season. (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Normally haven’t we built and progressed , this time round we’ve built and gone backwards. You would have thought by mid November the manager would at least know his best 11 and formation. It seems we have to wait for Saddlebrains every week to give us a clue as to what we are trying this time around.
With Palmer, O'Hare and Tevares, Kelly out for months/ weeks, how can MR play his best 11 ?

Grendel

Name your best 11 then, Grendel in your opinion.

Why? it won’t include those 3 - we’ve upgraded the squad by £22million so you’d think an aging Kelly, palmer whose destined to be on the fringes are hardky vital and as for Tavares I mean seriously

Voice_of_Reason

Why? it won’t include those 3 - we’ve upgraded the squad by £22million so you’d think an aging Kelly, palmer whose destined to be on the fringes are hardky vital and as for Tavares I mean seriously
So, which are the best 11 then. You can't say who you want to exclude and not say who you would. You are suggesting MR should by now, know his best 11 yet it wouldn't include those you have excluded.
The answer is, you don't know the best 11 in your opinion. Cheers, Grendel. Not arguing, just asking

TomRad85

Everyone has a degree of patience, but two things make that a challenge in the end.

The first is the money we've spent. You would expect some sort of immediate return from certain players. That isn't really happening. The second is that the management is making a lot of poor decisions. What we did yesterday was something many of us have been calling for, for a long while. Certain players have been benched that also should have been playing. It is a concern when a fairly unanimous calling from the fans is actually correct, and the manager looks wrong.

We all get that it can take some time, we've seen enough shit as a fan base. Some of the things that have been happening have been a bit concerning though. I think it's acceptable to voice that.
Some of the most clued up posters have been calling for this exact formation for a while, we know who we are. Needs a couple of tweaks to the 11 and Robins will have finally caught up.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grendel

So, which are the best 11 then. You can't say who you want to exclude and not say who you would. You are suggesting MR should by now, know his best 11 yet it wouldn't include those you have excluded.
The answer is, you don't know the best 11 in your opinion. Cheers, Grendel. Not arguing, just asking

The big problem surely is many of the new signings aren’t automatic choices. So MVE and Da Silva aren’t clearly stamping authority and Wright and Simms ass misfiring. We still rely on the old guard of Allen Mcfazdean godden etc and many new players look questionable

TomRad85

Tavares' fancy name does a lot of heavy lifting.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Voice_of_Reason

The big problem surely is many of the new signings aren’t automatic choices. So MVE and Da Silva aren’t clearly stamping authority and Wright and Simms ass misfiring. We still rely on the old guard of Allen Mcfazdean godden etc and many new players look questionable
Blimey, I agree with you Grendel !

Brighton Sky Blue

Wright and Simms ass misfiring.
Diarrhea GIF

covboy9

Nothing is being built from what I can see and robins is panicking

two great players made all the difference

physically this team isn’t good enough

skybluecam

Collins
MVE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Eccles Sheaf Allen
Sakamoto Simms Wright

That’s what I want to see us build towards playing, I can see why MR is being conservative with some positions.

Playmaking CM in Jan and that could be a good team. Maybe Ayari would look better in this formation as well.

skybluecam

People seem to like a little whippet who tries hard, but doesn’t seem to offer much when on the pitch.
Sakamoto? He’s not really had the chance to build understanding with the rest of them, keeps getting shuffled around the pitch and is in and out of the team. If we’re playing wingers he has to start I think.

Tommo1993

Sakamoto? He’s not really had the chance to build understanding with the rest of them, keeps getting shuffled around the pitch and is in and out of the team. If we’re playing wingers he has to start I think.

I just don’t think he’s what we need. I don’t think MR thinks so either.

CV22SBA

You can't just throw a team of virtually new players and expect immediate results regardless of their value.
This season is like other seasons since MR took over management where a rebuild was needed in the past.
MR stressed this was a season of consolidation and it would take time. The only missing links are that Gus has not been replaced and a striker of Vic's quality. I think both Ellis and Wright will come good.
Trust the process, this is a season of a mid table consolidation ready for a push next season.
M'Boro / Leicester / Leeds / Southampton all lost more players than we did over the summer. Its not taken then 16 games to gel.

Cally Fedora

A huge number of the current team were one kick away from promotion last year. It’s crazy to now say they are not very good.

Users who are viewing this thread