Get.... (3 Viewers)

Otis

That cuntt Collins gone ASAP.
I will return to this if he makes the match winning penalty.

I do think we can do better, but he's not a terrible keeper and would be fine as back up

Last edited:

itsabuzzard

the day they invent a breathalyzer function before being allowed to post on here will be a win for all
tumbleweed GIF

messiahrobins

Collins is an asset to this team, a great signing. However he is young for a GK and i think we could do with a more senior keeper who is taller and has more presence for Collins to develop under. His inexperience shows at times but the potential is there for all to see.

ccfc922

seriously if that's your take from today's game - please do everyone a favour and go and watch someone else.

This was at 0-3 I posted this. Imo the first goal was down to his positioning. I'd have to rewatch the 3rd, not seen any TV of the game. 2nd was piss poor defending all round.

His positioning has been woeful last few games. Lots of stood still, hands down, gawping at balls going over his head.

Something we all said Wilson was doing/standing stationary on his line, not commanding the area.

ccfc922

Collins is an asset to this team, a great signing. However he is young for a GK and i think we could do with a more senior keeper who is taller and has more presence for Collins to develop under. His inexperience shows at times but the potential is there for all to see.

Hopefully he comes back stronger and proves me wrong then.

He started well, but for some reason has gone backwards IMO. Staying on his line and watching the ball, rather than coming to claim the ball and command the area.

Martin180

He started well, but for some reason has gone backwards IMO. Staying on his line and watching the ball, rather than coming to claim the ball and command the area.
He made some great saves yesterday and very important blocks , the one handed save with his wrong hand just before the second goal was a sensational save

Grendel

You will not be getting international quality keepers at this level.

If you list the keepers we have had since relegation most have been pretty poor which tells you something.

After Westwood and Murphy I don't recall any better than him really. The one thing I do not like is when he thinks he is Bobby Moore with the ball at his feet but what are you actually going to get at this level?

ccfc922

If you list the keepers we have had since relegation most have been pretty poor which tells you something.

After Westwood and Murphy I don't recall any better than him really. The one thing I do not like is when he thinks he is Bobby Moore with the ball at his feet but what are you actually going to get at this level?

Agreed we won't get someone international etc, but just someone who can do the basics well.

He initially was coming for crosses/looping balls etc, but seems to have reverted back to Wilson's style of staying on his line.

When Collins first came in for Wilson, he seemed much better. Not sure why he's gone backwards, but we'll see how he gets on.

Grendel

Agreed we won't get someone international etc, but just someone who can do the basics well.

He initially was coming for crosses/looping balls etc, but seems to have reverted back to Wilson's style of staying on his line.

When Collins first came in for Wilson, he seemed much better. Not sure why he's gone backwards, but we'll see how he gets on.

Other than Westwood and Murphy since Hedmen and Kirkland left whose been better?

Briles

Other than Westwood and Murphy since Hedmen and Kirkland left whose been better?

I quite rated murphy, who collins reminds me of a bit

Brylowes

Exactly this, we’re a pretty decent championship team, yet it seems some expect to be seeing a Buffon in goal & a Zidane in the middle.
Collins isn’t perfect and he has & will make mistakes, but at our level; I would say he’s as good as anyone & better than most.

ccfc922

Exactly this, we’re a pretty decent championship team, yet it seems some expect to be seeing a Buffon in goal & a Zidane in the middle.
Collins isn’t perfect and he has & will make mistakes, but at our level; I would say he’s as good as anyone & better than most.

Aye, gawping at looping balls is beyond the expectation of a Championship keeper.

I believe it was vs Brum, but I'll find the goal I'm on about.

Martin180

Aye, gawping at looping balls is beyond the expectation of a Championship keeper.

I believe it was vs Brum, but I'll find the goal I'm on about.
Make sure you find some of his better performances too , would hate for it to look like you’re on a witch-hunt 🙄

TomRad85

Make sure you find some of his better performances too , would hate for it to look like you’re on a witch-hunt
Wait until he finds out what most other Championship keepers are like. I swear there's a massively over inflated opinion of the general standard of them on here.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SBT

You simply don’t need a good keeper to succeed in this division. If we had £2 million left in the transfer kitty, I’d spend it on a striker or midfielder over a new keeper every single time, even if they weren’t guaranteed first choice.

Martin180

Wait until he finds out what most other Championship keepers are like. I swear there's a massively over inflated opinion of the general standard of them on here.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Exactly ! Collins isn’t top drawer , if he was he’d be in the PL , but he is more than adequate for where we are currently

Users who are viewing this thread