Go on then, how does this end? (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Us suddenly clicking and going on a mental run?

Doing enough to stay up?

Going down?

Will Robins still be here in January?

I'm fed up of it all tbh, becoming pretty apathetic. Soon as we scored yesterday i said to my mates we will still lose this, didnt get excited one bit 😔

eastwoodsdustman

We will muddle through til January. Maybe offload Wright,maybe OHare if hes not re signing and bring in the midfielder we should have got in the summer along with another striker. Then we’ll kick on and push for a play off place.

AFCCOVENTRY

We will muddle through til January. Maybe offload Wright,maybe OHare if hes not re signing and bring in the midfielder we should have got in the summer along with another striker. Then we’ll kick on and push for a play off place.

O’Hare can start talking to other clubs from Jan to leave on a free next summer. We won’t be getting any transfer fee for him.

AFCCOVENTRY

I'm sure we will go on a good run at some point.

I can't see us getting near the playoff positions at all though, unless we strengthen in January.

Unless there is a fallout with Doug King, I'm certain that Robins will still be here

I think we'll be fine this season.

We just need to give things time to gel.

Play offs are not even a question this season. In fact the league this year is much stronger than last with the 3 teams that came down and the likes of Ipswich doing their madness.

King won’t sack Robins in the middle of the season. Assessment will be made at the end of the season.

We need a couple of midfield players and another CB I think in Jan. However, languishing near relegation won’t be attractive to new players. Plus we need to see if DK will be cautious to give big money to Robins now.

Kingokings204

O’Hare can start talking to other clubs from Jan to leave on a free next summer. We won’t be getting any transfer fee for him.

he can but what does he command. He cost us nothing in terms of a fee and he has been brilliant for us. What can he realistically get elsewhere right now ? an extra few grand maybe. Certainly no PL team. I’m sure he is stays fit he stays with us but then I have said that before

AFCCOVENTRY

he can but what does he command. He cost us nothing in terms of a fee and he has been brilliant for us. What can he realistically get elsewhere right now ? an extra few grand maybe. Certainly no PL team. I’m sure he is stays fit he stays with us but then I have said that before

At best he’ll get a team that comes down from the Prem. Maybe Burnley is on the cards for him again. He’s not a Premiership player in a million years. Gus was light years ahead of him and he’s not done much albeit in a shit side.

It’s common knowledge he was gutted about the Burnley move and he has no intention of staying.

Kingokings204

Doing enough to stay up?

Going down?

I'm fed up of it all tbh, becoming pretty apathetic. Soon as we scored yesterday i said to my mates we will still lose this, didnt get excited one bit 😔

you’ve always been quite negative though tbf which atm I understand as we are getting beat every game. I think the more rational thing to do is give it until new year. If we are still losing most games then it might be time to think again but for now it’s a bad run. Everyone has one and this is ours. Would be madness to change just now. Robins looks as mad as the rest of us. He cares deeply about what’s going on.

as for where we finish I guess around and just below mid table. The championship is bloody tough and if we can get 5th last year with an average team with a superstar or two then anyone can. It’s about form and momentum. We have neither. I think we all agree this is the strongest championship since we’ve been back. We’ve lost 2 superstars. Lost a playoff final. Take a step back and remember how much we have over achieved and put this season in to perspective as some fans need a little I feel.

We will be fine. Just not playoffs.

Sky Blue Harry H

Doing enough to stay up?

Going down?

If you're so apathetic about it, why keep starting threads on the subject? Makes no sense.

We won't go down.
MR will still be here in January.

Blind-Faith

MR will still be here end of the season

we finish lower mid table

we find out Gus has an evil twin brother playing in the dutch third tier and we sign him to solve our CM problem 😜

Mcbean

Didn’t feel depressed for long after the game last night - we had a period in the first half when we were on top and then with all the changes we looked ok again - no penalty for me - Preston did not look that bad they are in 6th now

Crikey we have been in bad nick before and got it together so this is cyclical

quinn1971

Not sure we’ll go on a run like we did last season,we haven’t got the quality of players to do that, so frustrating though, we don’t seem to be learning from our mistakes is the worrying thing, obvious fadz is struggling, Wilson’s having 1 howler every game, and we can’t defend or keep the ball, only slight positives are we’re not being totally outplayed for 90 mins, and We’re making alot of chances, find A solid defence first then work from there, but stick with it for a few games, its Ok keep swapping the midfield/ forwards around but there isn’t a decent side in this league that changes our back 4/5 as much as us, never going to settle is it,

Brighton Sky Blue

Hopefully we aren’t deep in the shit come January but this team keeps finding new ways to lose games that it really shouldn’t. Much depends on that transfer window for me

The Philosopher

We’ve no spirit and they need to get a grip on that.

The midfield needs a leader and Wright needs to go out on loan for 6 months to recoup some wages and rebuild his reputation.

I can’t see us going up this year but I think we’ve enough to stay in the division.

I can’t see anyone wanting to spend big on Acl O’Hare so I think he’ll stay.

pusbccfc

I don't think it does.

We need a scruffy win with shit goals to turn things around. Players need confidence and fans need to believe in them.

However, that isn't going to happen in the next two months when we play Leeds, Southampton, Leicester, Boro, Sunderland or Birmingham.

TomRad85

The midfield needs a leader and Wright needs to go out on loan for 6 months to recoup some wages and rebuild his reputation.

I can’t see us going up this year but I think we’ve enough to stay in the division.

This is mental. Wright needs to be playing regular games here in a settled team.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grendel

I'm sure we will go on a good run at some point.

I can't see us getting near the playoff positions at all though, unless we strengthen in January.

Unless there is a fallout with Doug King, I'm certain that Robins will still be here

I think we'll be fine this season.

We just need to give things time to gel.

The gel argument is a cliche and the team is being chopped and changed every week and during games

CCFC54321

I just have a horrible feeling Robins won’t be here come the end of November.
Nothing to substantiate that claim just think a couple of more defeats will trigger a decision from either party and give the incoming manager time in January.

We wouldn’t be in this position if the recruitment had been better. I don’t see any improvement in the overall squad than last season and I don't see any spirit in this side from the last few years. To many incoming to soon.

quinn1971

love robins but that was a weird game yesterday, lati was getting murdered down our right by their pace and we had van Ewijk sat on the bench, we went 3 up front got the 2nd goal and took a forward off and went back to 2 up front when we needed another goal, if robins tactic is just confuse the shit out of teams then it’s working, we actually looked decent with 3 upfront, maybe Way to go ? We can’t defend so we’ll just try and score more than them

Otis

The gel argument is a cliche and the team is being chopped and changed every week and during games
It was a joke.

People yesterday kept sarcastically mentioning the "we need to give them time gel" angle to mock the more positive posters on the match thread, while we were losing, so I was just being sarcastic back this morning.

MalcSB

On what planet does a newly signed £7m international player get sent out on loan, and to whom?

napolimp

You think we're going to offload our combined top goal scorer and assist taker in January?

Ashdown

There are worse teams than us for sure, I don’t think we shall drop. It’s going to be a rough ride till January though, whence we can hopefully strengthen in Midfield and up front. Robins needs to work out our best defence and stick with it.

Users who are viewing this thread