Go on then, how does this end? (1 Viewer)

Legia Sky Blue

A big problem for MR is that the defenders and wing backs he has brought in were clearly signed on the basis of us playing 3 centre backs, together with forward thinking wing backs. Playing MVE/ JDS/ Sakamoto in a back 4 would leave us very vulnerable. Fadz looks like he's on his last legs, so we also really need Thomas and Kitching to step up. If MR does then go to a back 4 I'd expect him to play Bidwell and Latibeaudiere as the full backs. Even though he's been as good as the other defenders I don't then see where Binks the fits in , unless MR picks him over Bidwell at left back.

Tommo1993

If he keeps scoring I don't care about body language etc. Goals win games

I’m not all that bothered about body language. You can put yourself about a bit more and be not good enough, such as MvE - imo I don’t think he’s good enough, which will go against the grain on here.

Someone needs to put some weight on Wright, pick on him, get on his nerves, piss him off. Let’s have some aggression dragged out of him. If he sinks, then it’s a bad signing. If he swims then he’ll be golden.

Simms needs to always be how he was yesterday. The only forward to have caused them problems.

mmttww

Along with other Cure songs...
mr t dancing GIF

oscillatewildly

I’m not all that bothered about body language. You can put yourself about a bit more and be not good enough, such as MvE - imo I don’t think he’s good enough, which will go against the grain on here.

Someone needs to put some weight on Wright, pick on him, get on his nerves, piss him off. Let’s have some aggression dragged out of him. If he sinks, then it’s a bad signing. If he swims then he’ll be golden.

Simms needs to always be how he was yesterday. The only forward to have caused them problems.
I said exactly the same think yesterday, re Wright and his constantly being easily shrugged off the ball.
Is that now an outdated 'remedy' - to beef up a footballer? Steak & kidney suet puddings or raw steak even.
I know if successful it could mean him having to replace an entire wardrobe so maybe there needs to be the enticement of a clothing allowance from Doug.

Hincha

This is an interesting take -

Football tactics always trickle down. Since Pep and now Arteta everyone is adding more players to the middle of the park to seek control.

We had the perfect opportunity this summer with the squad overhaul to recruit players for a back 4, especially since we want to play possession based football (which is crazy while playing 2 in midfield).

Now we’re being left behind.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It ends however Robins wants it to ends. This will be pretty unpopular but for me the issue is with him. I think we have good enough players, but the way we have been using them raises massive questions. If we can change the system and reward the players that deserve to be on the pitch by actually playing them, this season will be ok. As it stands though, it is a shit show.

Hincha

We are talking about professional footballers, they should be able to switch from 5 at the back to 4 at the back with the click of fingers.
Not how it works at the elite level anymore.

Considering Robins talked about players not fully understanding their roles yet in the 5-3-2, which they’ve worked on since the summer, you can see why it isn’t as easy as just changing the formation.

Needs a lot of work on the training ground, but it is worth the short-term pain considering how poor we’ve looked recently.

SBbucks

We’ve no spirit and they need to get a grip on that.

The midfield needs a leader and Wright needs to go out on loan for 6 months to recoup some wages and rebuild his reputation.

I can’t see us going up this year but I think we’ve enough to stay in the division.

I can’t see anyone wanting to spend big on Acl O’Hare so I think he’ll stay.

Nobody needs to spend big on O’hare, he just goes where he wants for free in June. And Wright isn’t going out on loan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBbucks

There’s no chance of us offloading Wright, I don’t see why some seem to think it’s even a possibility.

Defies belief that someone could even think we would send him out on loan. What are they on??

Hincha

It ends however Robins wants it to ends. This will be pretty unpopular but for me the issue is with him. I think we have good enough players, but the way we have been using them raises massive questions. If we can change the system and reward the players that deserve to be on the pitch by actually playing them, this season will be ok. As it stands though, it is a shit show.
I agree to an extent. The persistence with 5-3-2 possession based tactics and chopping and changing the players is on him.

However, he also has a whole new team to integrate and most who have signed have no Championship experience. Hyam, Hamer, and Gyok looked either not good enough, naive or both in their first 15 championship games.

I still think a lot of the signings will come good and Robins & Adi will figure it out.

SBbucks

Play offs are not even a question this season. In fact the league this year is much stronger than last with the 3 teams that came down and the likes of Ipswich doing their madness.

King won’t sack Robins in the middle of the season. Assessment will be made at the end of the season.

We need a couple of midfield players and another CB I think in Jan. However, languishing near relegation won’t be attractive to new players. Plus we need to see if DK will be cautious to give big money to Robins now.

We’ve just brought in 4 CBs, so not a cat in hells chance of bringing in another unless he ships Fadz out to the lower leagues in January. If he still sees Fadz as part of the squad for the new year, that will be it (unless any season-ending injuries, in which case a loan might be brought in, or Bidwell provides emergency cover).

covboy9

I think it’ll be a mediocre season spent in lower half of league, this was coming I don’t think recruitment was as bad as it looks we have just been mugged on prices because clubs knew we had it

the unbalanced squad blame sits firmly with robins, we have too many cb’s to play with a flat 4

I don’t think he is unsackable and he is panicking atm, we are a side with no confidence and raised expectations

my major worry is half the squad don’t physically look good enough for the rigours of the championship

Sick Boy

O’Hare can start talking to other clubs from Jan to leave on a free next summer. We won’t be getting any transfer fee for him.
You’d like to think he’d sign another year after being out injured but can’t see it somehow. That being said, he’s more likely to go to another Championship club.

shmmeee

Football tactics always trickle down. Since Pep and now Arteta everyone is adding more players to the middle of the park to seek control.

We had the perfect opportunity this summer with the squad overhaul to recruit players for a back 4, especially since we want to play possession based football (which is crazy while playing 2 in midfield).

Now we’re being left behind.

Who says we haven’t? Same way we had Godden playing every game with someone new, maybe that’s the plan to phase out Fadz and go to a four once he drops out?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Not according to Transfermarkt

View attachment 32316
And Godden has played 50% more than either of them
Using those stats. in the extra 11 minutes Wright has been on the pitch he has doubled Simms goals and Goden being on the pitch like you say 50% longer has got the same tally as both together. Those stats. say Goden is equal to both of them .
They are both finding their feet at a new club not every player hits the ground running.IMO those 2 yesterday no matter how easy will do Wright's confidence a world of good.

shmmeee

Using those stats. in the extra 11 minutes Wright has been on the pitch he has doubled Simms goals and Goden being on the pitch like you say 50% longer has got the same tally as both together. Those stats. say Goden is equal to both of them .
They are both finding their feet at a new club not every player hits the ground running.IMO those 2 yesterday no matter how easy will do Wright's confidence a world of good.

The entire point is until recently Godden has played every minute of every game including not scoring for ages. It’s not much to ask others get that chance. There’s been no opportunity for any pairing to bind across the pitch TBH.

CCFC54321

You’d like to think he’d sign another year after being out injured but can’t see it somehow. That being said, he’s more likely to go to another Championship club.
Piss poor from Callum if he did decide to leave on a free after the club has looked after him for the last 15 months with his injuries. Be nice for once if a player told his agent to shut up and try and get city a fee for him by signing at least a one year extension after how they looked after him.

Sadly it doesn’t work like that it looks like he will go on a free.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The entire point is until recently Godden has played every minute of every game including not scoring for ages. It’s not much to ask others get that chance. There’s been no opportunity for any pairing to bind across the pitch TBH.
When they did play together I know it was only 72 minutes but the time when we looked like scoring was after Wright went off and Goden came on .MR sees the players in training and he can see if it works or not and thats the only time he has done it in games so far this season and was probably to give Goden a rest

slowpoke

Need a goalscorer, okay that’s easier said than done but that will make us better all round and make our other strikers better.
Our current strike force is too easily marked.
The loan market imo is the way to go not naming names but there are one or two in the prem not getting regular game time, we just have to pay the wages.

Sick Boy

Need a goalscorer, okay that’s easier said than done but that will make us better all round and make our other strikers better.
The loan market imo is the way to go not naming names but there are one or two in the prem not getting regular game time, we just have to pay the wages.
We’ve spent 9-10m on strikers, the midfield is a much bigger priority.

shmmeee

When they did play together I know it was only 72 minutes but the time when we looked like scoring was after Wright went off and Goden came on .MR sees the players in training and he can see if it works or not and thats the only time he has done it in games so far this season and was probably to give Goden a rest

We’ve got three players scoring at a rate of about 1 in 3. We need to stop gifting teams goals TBH.

SlowerThanPlatt

I can’t see King sanctioning 40k a week for some fictional loanee to fire us from 20th to 15th. We need develop the strikers we’ve invested in.

Ccfcisparks

We need a formation and stick to it, with the same players. We have scored enough recently to be getting more points, the defence is the main issue, 5 at the back clearly doesn't cut it.

Nuskyblue

The gel argument is a cliche and the team is being chopped and changed every week and during games
I make you right, there are numerous teams thrown together that get up and running straight away.

Our issue is the loss of two of the best players in the league who were game changers. When that is coupled with poor squad building you're left with what were seeing at the moment. The manager still hasn't found out how to use what he's got...

Users who are viewing this thread