Godden out for another FOUR weeks (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

As good as Godden is, anyone know his appearance per season record. Seems to miss key parts of the season when we need him most.

Seems to average 35 games a season ish before the last couple of years

586D2586-C553-4553-85C6-B9E679FED880.jpeg

SkyblueTexan

I think that's it for Godden for the season. He'll be so rusty in 4 weeks and his conditioning will be off as well.

Frostie

As good as Godden is, anyone know his appearance per season record. Seems to miss key parts of the season when we need him most.

Since he's been with us his League appearances are:

19/20: Played 26, Missed 7 injured (shortened season)
20/21: Played 23, Missed 22 injured, Unused sub once.
21/22: So far... Played 17, Missed 10 injured (and counting), Unused sub 3 times.

stupot07

Since he's been with us his League appearances are:

19/20: Played 26, Missed 7 injured (shortened season)
20/21: Played 23, Missed 22 injured, Unused sub once.
21/22: So far... Played 17, Missed 10 injured (and counting), Unused sub 3 times.

Not great that. As good as he is, can we afford to have a player who only plays half a season.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

steve cooper

Godden's history is quite good though, prior to joining us.
2014 to 16 Ebbsfleet 70 apps
2016 to 18 Stevenage 76 apps
2018 to 19 Peterboro 38 apps
From memory he has had groin and foot injuries with us and now the operation which is an unlucky one-off.
He has though, scored roughly a goal every 2.5 games at various levels.

CCFC54321

Not great that. As good as he is, can we afford to have a player who only plays half a season.

If you was a ruthless bastard and wanted to cull some players from the squad and just looking at injury records alone…. Kelly, Dabo, Eccles, Jones and godden would be gone. Consistently injured or breaking down all the time.

stupot07

Godden's history is quite good though, prior to joining us.
2014 to 16 Ebbsfleet 70 apps
2016 to 18 Stevenage 76 apps
2018 to 19 Peterboro 38 apps
From memory he has had groin and foot injuries with us and now the operation which is an unlucky one-off.
He has though, scored roughly a goal every 2.5 games at various levels.

He was aged 23-28 back then, hes now 30 and will be 31 when next season starts. His recovery rate will not be as good as 4-5 years ago and is more like to start picking up little niggles as he tries to compensate for one injury picking up another. Doyle managed to play so long as he was virtually never injured.

Hertsccfc

If you was a ruthless bastard and wanted to cull some players from the squad and just looking at injury records alone…. Kelly, Dabo, Eccles, Jones and godden would be gone. Consistently injured or breaking down all the time.
But if you were a thoughtful and balanced manager you would say Dabo is a quality player who has had a injury hit year and a half but likely to be useful long term, Eccles has lots of potential and Godden has a couple of years as a top Championship scorer and there would be little return in selling any of them. They would all cost much more to replace with equal ability.

Hertsccfc

He was aged 23-28 back then, hes now 30 and will be 31 when next season starts. His recovery rate will not be as good as 4-5 years ago and is more like to start picking up little niggles as he tries to compensate for one injury picking up another. Doyle managed to play so long as he was virtually never injured.

We'd get very little from selling him but once recovered from his appendicitis likely to score goals for us. What's to be gained from selling him?

Grendel

extending his contract till nearly 34 was ridiculous

Grendel

The alternative would have been extending Biamou or Bakayoko

no it wouldn’t he had another year after this season - what are you on about?

Sick Boy

But if you were a thoughtful and balanced manager you would say Dabo is a quality player who has had a injury hit year and a half but likely to be useful long term, Eccles has lots of potential and Godden has a couple of years as a top Championship scorer and there would be little return in selling any of them. They would all cost much more to replace with equal ability.
If Godden is a genuine top Championship scorer, how could there be little return in selling him?

stupot07

We'd get very little from selling him but once recovered from his appendicitis likely to score goals for us. What's to be gained from selling him?
I imagine he is right up there with our highest paid players, he would also attract a small fee. He may fully recover and play 40+ league games next season, I hope he does. With our threadbare squad and limited resources, we cannot afford to have our highest earners out injured for 50% of the season every year.

SkyblueTexan

Time for this player to step up, but he's been a dud so far.

Grendel

ms639

Tavares . Little Jimmy has scored 64 for Christ the king this season in the under 12 minor league. Let’s give him a run out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hertsccfc

…and yet you say he has no resale value, despite only being 30? You’d imagine he’d be a top target for a whole host of clubs next season.
I didn't say he had no resale value. I said his potential value to us as a good goalscorer at this level is greater than the value of selling him.

Fair enough if you don't agree.

Grendel

Check goals per minutes. Only Mitrovic is ahead of him.

i only bothered to check Fulham and they have a Brazilian forward who averages a goal per 87 minutes

Grendel

Or are you going to come up with some spurious reason why some of his goals don't count?

no I wonder why the guy at Fulhams goals don’t count

Grendel

Maja at stoke is better as well

Grendel

Do you need some help interpreting the table? Clearly Godden is second. Brereton Dias third.

no according to the bbc website individual stats godden averages a goal every 121 minute. Muniz cavahillio 112 minutes Maja 87 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread