Godden out for another FOUR weeks (3 Viewers)

Grendel

Grendel

Berry at Luton is a goal every 108 minutes

Grendel

Also of course in this measure Tyler Walker is the only player behind Godden…

Frostie

Yes because they make no allowance for minutes played. You could get a player top that chart by scoring 1 goal if they play few enough minutes.
Rodrigo Muniz has only scored 5 but has played less than 400mins so massively skews the figures.

The generally accepted way is to exclude anyone playing under 900mins.

Ccfcisparks

Yes because they make no allowance for minutes played. You could get a player top that chart by scoring 1 goal if they play few enough minutes.
Rodrigo Muniz has only scored 5 but has played less than 400mins so massively skews the figures.

The generally accepted way is to exclude anyone playing under 900mins.
Not sure why Grendels laughing at this post, its a reasonable post.

I'd be interested to see where COH is on that list.

Frostie

Not sure why Grendels laughing at this post, its a reasonable post.

I'd be interested to see where COH is on that list.

Because he likes his alternate truths if they support his POV, no matter how nonsensical. Case in point, Jahmari Clarke of Reading by his method has the 3rd best ratio, he's scored 1 goal.

Fairer way still is to use NPG/90 & therefore exclude penalties too.

Grendel

Because he likes his alternate truths if they support his POV, no matter how nonsensical. Case in point, Jahmari Clarke of Reading by his method has the 3rd best ratio, he's scored 1 goal.

Fairer way still is to use NPG/90 & therefore exclude penalties too.

exclude penalties surely not!

Grendel

Isn't this exactly the same argument you disparaged with Ponticelli and mention Mick Harford's goal ratio to dismiss using it?

no I don’t think so I’m the end Godden is 30 and if Herts is right will be worth £5 million in the summer

Frostie

exclude penalties surely not!

Of course.

Deliberately extreme example but...
If you're looking at potential strikers to sign, one has scored 15 goals but 12 were penalties the other has scored 12 but all from open play, who are you taking?

Grendel

Of course.

Deliberately extreme example but...
If you're looking at potential strikers to sign, one has scored 15 goals but 12 were penalties the other has scored 12 but all from open play, who are you taking?

herts will be saying they do count surely

Legia Sky Blue

You would have thought Godden's greater composure in front of goal would have made today's game a lot easier to win than it turned out to be.

Grendel

You would have thought Godden's greater composure in front of goal would have made today's game a lot easier to win than it turned out to be.

Not really as I doubt we’d okay him with Gyokeres anyway

Evo1883

Godden has 16 goals in 40 championship games for Coventry.. he's basically a 20 goal striker over a season at this level .

The fact anybody wants to try and discredit the bloke or question why he was given a contract is laughable .. he's a goalscorer and WOULD attract interest should we offer him out

Hertsccfc

Godden has 16 goals in 40 championship games for Coventry.. he's basically a 20 goal striker over a season at this level .

The fact anybody wants to try and discredit the bloke or question why he was given a contract is laughable .. he's a goalscorer and WOULD attract interest should we offer him out
Agreed plenty of clubs would want him. We just wouldn't get a big fee because of his age.

SkyblueTexan

All joking aside, I’m a little skeptical about why Godden’s rehab should take this long. Can they get a second opinion? I thought he had the procedure done laparoscopically which is supposed to reduce the healing time. Just from a few google searches I’ve done, it appears people return to normal activities within 2-6 weeks after the procedure. Taking the worst case scenario, this would make him eligible to play around 2 weeks earlier than what is currently being projected. I’m no doctor, but I just want to know what people think.

CCFC54321

All joking aside, I’m a little skeptical about why Godden’s rehab should take this long. Can they get a second opinion? I thought he had the procedure done laparoscopically which is supposed to reduce the healing time. Just from a few google searches I’ve done, it appears people return to normal activities within 2-6 weeks after the procedure. Taking the worst case scenario, this would make him eligible to play around 2 weeks earlier than what is currently being projected. I’m no doctor, but I just want to know what people think.
Listening to robins I think he felt it was to long and was leaving it to godden to make the call.

mark82

no according to the bbc website individual stats godden averages a goal every 121 minute. Muniz cavahillio 112 minutes Maja 87 minutes

Probably down to time on pitch. Maja is obviously a relatively new signing, not sure who the Fulham guy is so guessing a new signing or bit part player. Like most performance stats there will be a minimum time played applied.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Professional football isn't most people's normal activities, so I wouldn't be surprised for it to be a bit longer than normal.

Users who are viewing this thread