Godiva Festival 2023 (1 Viewer)

LastGarrison

It was a great night although, and I know this is picky, but The Enemy not finishing with We Live and Die in These Towns was a little strange.

I know they have a set play list but come on play to your audience!

Bar that queues weren’t bad, the beer was cold, decent atmosphere and ended up upstairs in the Albany Club. What more can you ask for!

Back up Earlsdon again for 2pm to do it all again.

clint van damme

It was a great night although, and I know this is picky, but The Enemy not finishing with We Live and Die in These Towns was a little strange.

I know they have a set play list but come on play to your audience!

Bar that queues weren’t bad, the beer was cold, decent atmosphere and ended up upstairs in the Albany Club. What more can you ask for!

Back up Earlsdon again for 2pm to do it all again.

Why do you think they shouldn't have finished with WLADITTs and what do you think they should have closed with?

LastGarrison

Why do you think they shouldn't have finished with WLADITTs and what do you think they should have closed with?
I’m saying they should have finished with it rather than playing it half way through their set as they did last night.

It’s a bit of a Cov anthem and just thought it would be the perfect song to finish on.

That’s just my personal choice though and only a minor gripe because apart from that they were quality!

clint van damme

I’m saying they should have finished with it rather than playing it half way through their set as they did last night.

It’s a bit of a Cov anthem and just thought it would be the perfect song to finish on.

That’s just my personal choice though and only a minor gripe because apart from that they were quality!

Sorry, misread your post.
Yeah, would be a good set closer, but they did the same down the Empire.

LastGarrison

Sorry, misread your post.
Yeah, would be a good set closer, but they did the same down the Empire.
Just thought it would be fitting to close on but think they’ve played that set list for a while now so obviously don’t like change.

Let’s see what today brings 🕺

GIMOC

Yesterday was shit. full of chavs. seen bits of trouble all day and walking back to town last night.
Friday on the other hand was brilliant.

rob9872

Yesterday was shit. full of chavs. seen bits of trouble all day and walking back to town last night.
Should've gone VIP. Just spoke to Overson and Rooney they had a great time 👍

skybluetony176

I think it was more a case of a younger audience (given the headlining acts) rather than chavs per se. There did seem to be lots of trouble though.

chiefdave

I think it was more a case of a younger audience (given the headlining acts) rather than chavs per se. There did seem to be lots of trouble though.
You can predict the night that's going to be like this every year looking at the lineup. Not sure why they don't consider it when deciding who to book

LastGarrison

Bar one little incident at the end I didn't see any trouble and I was there for most of the day,.

Obviously, only my own experience but thought there was less trouble than in previous years and didn't seem as busy either.

Otis

Bar one little incident at the end I didn't see any trouble and I was there for most of the day,.

Obviously, only my own experience but thought there was less trouble than in previous years and didn't seem as busy either.
There was a fight at the other stage just before Selector came on, on the main stage. We were waiting for pizza and there was a fight in the crowd watching there and they had to stop the performance.

Otis

Prawns and pepperoni instead of sweetcorn and spinach?
You know what I mean. 🤪 In the crowd watching on the other stage

It was a big shame actually, because they stopped the performance and the performers then didn't come back on after calm was restored. They just curtailed the performance.

clint van damme

Just back from the Memorial. Had a really nice afternoon.
Just an observation, I thought the security was far more stringent than in previous years on a Sunday.
And I was at Finsbury Park Friday for Jamie T and Idles and getting in was insane.
I've been going to gigs for over 40 years and I've never had to negotiate that level of security. Has there been an increase in problems at gigs that's prompted this?

Covkid1968#

Same as that… thought it was a good fun day and never saw any trouble 👍

Users who are viewing this thread