Gyokeres to Everton- Two in exchange? (3 Viewers)

PVA

We’ve scored a pathetic 27 league goals this season

Gyokeres has 12 of them. 3 are from Godden whose injured so we have 12 from available players in 25 games. If you had your way and Allen was shipped out it’s 9 in 25 games

Actually 8 as Mcfazdean is out for most of the season

Well yes if you take 4 players including the top scorer away from the list of goalscorers then we haven't scored many goals.

That's such a bizarre point even for you.

Grendel

Well yes if you take 4 players including the top scorer away from the list of goalscorers then we haven't scored many goals.

Jesus Christ

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

In fairness, it's something I've been banging on about for ages as well. Without Gyökeres we don't score anywhere near enough goals across the pitch. Our midfield are extremely goal shy, to the point it's almost parody.

Grendel

What next - Take away some of our wins and we have less points?

What was the point being made that made me point that out?

Grendel

In fairness, it's something I've been banging on about for ages as well. Without Gyökeres we don't score anywhere near enough goals across the pitch. Our midfield are extremely goal shy, to the point it's almost parody.

PVA was saying the other week we’d survive ok if he was sold

PVA

Of course, but we aren't the only team to be reliant on one goalscorer and that assumes that we wouldn't replace him.

Grendel

Somebody else again revived that it's a mistake not to have sold him while we can get big money

certainly not me - we need to keep him. If king has any actual ownership intent he has to give him a pay busting contract - won’t stop offers but should protect him for the season

Grendel

We survived with Biamou up front for half a season.

I'm sure if we signed a couple of decent players with the money we'd survive just fine.

Who will we sign. Bismou was on his own was he? I thought Walker was top scorer?

Brighton Sky Blue

certainly not me - we need to keep him. If king has any actual ownership intent he has to give him a pay busting contract - won’t stop offers but should protect him for the season
I meant someone else who's voiced the idea before

PVA

Who will we sign. Bismou was on his own was he? I thought Walker was top scorer?

How am I supposed to know who we will sign?

Biamou and Walker made 20 starts each.

If we can survive with Biamou making 34 appearances I'm sure we could survive without Gyökeres for 20 games (with replacements).

Grendel

If we can survive with Biamou making 34 appearances I'm sure we could survive without Gyökeres for 20 games (with replacements).

Even though you’ve zero idea who we’d sign and bearing in mind the post made by FP

Right makes sense

Brighton Sky Blue

Nope. Take McF and O'Hare out of the side and it's a limp dick. Take Gyo out as well and it's fallen off

Grendel

Nope. Take McF and O'Hare out of the side and it's a limp dick. Take Gyo out as well and it's fallen off

Nah we stayed up with biamou - a player so bad PVA wanted the club to offer a new deal!

SBAndy

Always the bit that gets missed. Sell Gyok and bring in 4 others and what’s to say we don’t spread the goals throughout the team/squad more?

Grendel

Always the bit that gets missed. Sell Gyok and bring in 4 others and what’s to say we don’t spread the goals throughout the team/squad more?

we could or we could sign the next Cody McDonald

Brighton Sky Blue

After Brighton get a cut and SISU or King take their slice back would we even have enough to do that?

NorthernWisdom

I would be slightly concerned about us signing permanent deals in January too (same reasons selling Gyokeres is good, inflated prices and panic meaning not necessarily the right players). That being said, I just can't see we'd implode so spectacularly we'd go down, I can't.

Reactions: PVA

PVA

Yes exactly, which is why Grendel's 'take four players goals out and we don't score many goals' point is just ridiculous.

stupot07

I would be slightly concerned about us signing permanent deals in January too (same reasons selling Gyokeres is good, inflated prices and panic meaning not necessarily the right players). That being said, I just can't see we'd implode so spectacularly we'd go down, I can't.
We probably have too many points on the board to go down from here, even if we implode.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

PVA

Yes my preference would be to sell Gyokeres and do the rebuild in the summer, for the reasons you give.

But yes if he were to leave in Jan I don't think we'll be relegated.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We’re not going to get relegated because we haven’t got Vik.

Seth Meyers Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

NorthernWisdom

We probably have too many points on the board to go down from here, even if we implode.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
You'd hope so! I can see how a club down among the dead men is probably a harder sell to potential new signings than a midtable up team however.

One thing's for sure, we'd need some kind of striker from somewhere for the rest of the season, unless we fancy playing Palmer up there more regularly.

Grendel

I think to be honest Matty James was a huge factor in us staying up-would you agree?

Its an interesting opinion given we amassed 13 points in his first 15 games with us

Grendel

A player so bad you put on the same level as Gyokeres

Sorry? Do I have to post it again where you said you’d rather have biamou than Gyokeres and the thread I said we should sign him and you didn’t?

Grendel

Yes exactly, which is why Grendel's 'take four players goals out and we don't score many goals' point is just ridiculous.

Who are we signing? Actually I see you now say sign no one until the summer!

PVA

Sorry? Do I have to post it again where you said you’d rather have biamou than Gyokeres and the thread I said we should sign him and you didn’t?

We're not doing this shit again because it's so fucking boring.

But you said Gyokeres was Biamou's natural successor and bemoaned the recruitment team for signing someone who couldn't get in tbe team ahead of Biamou and Bakayoko.

Grendel

We're not doing this shit again because it's so fucking boring.

But you said Gyokeres was Biamou's natural successor and bemoaned the recruitment team for signing someone who couldn't get in tbe team ahead of Biamou and Bakayoko.

sorry?

shall I share the links and see what the consensus is?

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread