Gyokeres (3 Viewers)

Grendel

I don’t care where he goes, what country, what club etc. but they have to meet the minimum threshold for him. Gyokeres doesn’t have a right to dictate what that threshold is, which is exactly what I was getting at and DK has raised too.

You’ve distorted the water and gone for the emotional point scoring and comparing to employment which isn’t the case. He’s not an employee, he’s a commodity asset on a 3 year contract and if someone externally wants to end that contract and register him, they have to pay what we determine/the market demand for him. Gyokeres is being selfish (self centred) by only seeing that scenario by what’s best for himself.

Yes we sang his name and he was great on the pitch for us, doesn’t mean he’s got a free pass to dictate and disrespect.

He is an employee - it’s an urban myth that he isn’t. Hes solely employed by the club.

His contract of employment lasts until next summer and he is legally employed to that date and can choose legally to serve his contract

Terry Gibson's perm

He is an employee - it’s an urban myth that he isn’t. Hes solely employed by the club.

His contract of employment lasts until next summer and he is legally employed to that date and can choose legally to serve his contract

Equally the club can hold him to it if they decide they wish to (makes no sense to though)

Astute

I don’t care where he goes, what country, what club etc. but they have to meet the minimum threshold for him. Gyokeres doesn’t have a right to dictate what that threshold is, which is exactly what I was getting at and DK has raised too.

You’ve distorted the water and gone for the emotional point scoring and comparing to employment which isn’t the case. He’s not an employee, he’s a commodity asset on a 3 year contract and if someone externally wants to end that contract and register him, they have to pay what we determine/the market demand for him. Gyokeres is being selfish (self centred) by only seeing that scenario by what’s best for himself.

Yes we sang his name and he was great on the pitch for us, doesn’t mean he’s got a free pass to dictate and disrespect.
What value did you put on him a month or two ago?

What other club has got in contact with us with a solid offer?

Dictate and disrespect? So where did that occur? All he has said is he likes the idea of the only club to put in an offer and thinks our valuation is a bit high. Just like most of us thought 20m was too high a valuation. I said 20m and maybe a bit more if the Prem sides got involved. Not many agreed with me. Now you call him greedy for wanting to have a say. It would be different if other clubs had put higher offers in. But they haven't.

The only part I agree with is we need this completing ASAP to help us rebuild. Targets we may have could end up going elsewhere. And it could help us keep Hamer. I would be very happy with that.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

What value did you put on him a month or two ago?

What other club has got in contact with us with a solid offer?

Dictate and disrespect? So where did that occur? All he has said is he likes the idea of the only club to put in an offer and thinks our valuation is a bit high. Just like most of us thought 20m was too high a valuation. I said 20m and maybe a bit more if the Prem sides got involved. Not many agreed with me. Now you call him greedy for wanting to have a say. It would be different if other clubs had put higher offers in. But they haven't.

The only part I agree with is we need this completing ASAP to help us rebuild. Targets we may have could end up going elsewhere. And it could help us keep Hamer. I would be very happy with that.

Find the part where I called him greedy please? You’ve gone from being emotive and sensationalising to now manufacturing what you think I’ve said.

It’s early days. King has only confirmed there’s been one approach from Sporting that was rebuffed. The rest is paper talk. I’d rather us command the best fee possible and we can all move on. As soon as a PL comes in for him, that will be the end of any interest in Sporting and a much higher salary for him.

RoboCCFC90

It cites another article claiming that Vik is demanding to move before mid-July.

Unless Vik tells a publication X, Y and Z, I don't think it's worth claiming anything and I believe Cov Live should be a bit more careful in this regard.

SBT

Unless Vik tells a publication X, Y and Z, I don't think it's worth claiming anything and I believe Cov Live should be a bit more careful in this regard.
I mean, what you’re describing is like 90% of all transfer coverage, but if you’d rather have nothing….

Speedie's Head

If Vik has his mind set on Sporting then it's going to be difficult to change it. He doesn't have to agree to move anywhere as he's under contract. It's all well and good saying hold out for more money but it's a two way dialogue.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Same difference.
‘Same difference’ so you were lying. Greedy and selfish/self-centred are two different things. I didn’t say he was greedy. He’s worth a Premier League salary and a Premier League transfer fee. Self seving and centred in how Gyokeres is handling this - absolutley.

That’s the problem with being an emotional know it all, you create what you think you’ve heard and read in your head.

1ccfc

Self seving and centred in how Gyokeres is handling this - absolutley.
To be fair I don't think he is. If your employer told you tomorrow that in the best interests of the business, they were transferring you to a new office 300 miles away, would you simply go? You would do what was right for you and probably refer to your contract of employment, which in most cases stipulates your place of work. The club can't force him to go just because it's better for us.

Speedie's Head

Why would exciting, young and ambitious players chose to come to Coventry if we get a reputation (fairly or not) for making it difficult for them to move on? If this is our future model then having this play out in public with Vik will be damaging and has to be settled quickly for everybody. It really isn't in our interest to hold out for every last pound coin on one transfer.

fernandopartridge

‘Same difference’ so you were lying. Greedy and selfish/self-centred are two different things. I didn’t say he was greedy. He’s worth a Premier League salary and a Premier League transfer fee. Self seving and centred in how Gyokeres is handling this - absolutley.

That’s the problem with being an emotional know it all, you create what you think you’ve heard and read in your head.

Self-serving? He's a footballer looking for the next move in his career, it can only be self-serving

robbiekeane

Why would exciting, young and ambitious players chose to come to Coventry if we get a reputation (fairly or not) for making it difficult for them to move on? If this is our future model then having this play out in public with Vik will be damaging and has to be settled quickly for everybody. It really isn't in our interest to hold out for every last pound coin on one transfer.
Relax man. It’s standard and it’s just negotiating tactics. Noones damaging anything yeesh

Balli001

It also isnt in our interests to take the first offer and get below value for him is it?

Speedie's Head

It also isnt in our interests to take the first offer and get below value for him is it?
I'm just trying to get across the point that Vik doesn't have to agree to go anywhere else so value is a more complex issue than many are imagining here. It wouldn't matter what your West Hams or whoever might hypothetically agree to pay. He might agree to talk terms with another party, he might be persuaded by his agent etc etc but he doesn't have to. The point is that any negotiation includes Vik too.

Last edited:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If Vik has his mind set on Sporting then it's going to be difficult to change it. He doesn't have to agree to move anywhere as he's under contract. It's all well and good saying hold out for more money but it's a two way dialogue.

Okay, but what is so special about Sporting Lisbon?

Speedie's Head

Sporting would want their EU20m back from a big sale and some healthy profit too. That doesn't leave too much scope to share a big percentage of the sell on fee, the more they agree to the greater the risk for them.

David O'Day

If Sporting don't want to pay us what we thin he is worth he isn't going to go there.~

Someone else will buy him, he isn't going to hold out at all.

Johnnythespider

30% on a £30mil profit gives them £20mil and us £10mil, which would be nice.
Think I'd rather take £25 million now than Sporting £17 plus a possible 10 million in 3years if Vik improves enough to get a 50 million move and doesn't get a serious injury, there would probably be a sell on with a prem team as well.

Users who are viewing this thread