Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (11 Viewers)

Sick Boy

People bang on about pace (Tavares) but it is no good if you can't trap a bag of cement or look up and see the right options?

I am not convinced he has what is required and people are punch drunk from the debut wonder goal he scored. In my opinion it raised the bar of expectation unrealistically.

The most important thing is he makes a full recovery from injury first. I hope he proves me wrong.
I wasn’t being 100% serious.

shmmeee

1. Come up with a formation yourself
2. Blame one of our players for not being able to play said formation
3. Make up that we are playing a certain way to accommodate said player
4. Extend thread by 50 pages

The formation is just how I’d fit all our signings in, I’m not wedded to it. But we definitely play three at the back because of Fadz. And we definitely play deeper. I’m not sure how you can argue a less mobile CB restricts our defensive tactics.

I love Fadz, he’s worth more than his place on his pitch for what he brings out in others. But he’s 36 and fraying around the edges and we need to consider what life looks like after him and if doesn’t have to be a like to like replacement.

shmmeee

I also think Thomas and Latibeaudiere are more experienced than Doyle McNally and Panzo were and won’t need as much hand holding. Binks maybe but for his age he’s played a lot.

Samo

The formation is just how I’d fit all our signings in, I’m not wedded to it. But we definitely play three at the back because of Fadz. And we definitely play deeper. I’m not sure how you can argue a less mobile CB restricts our defensive tactics.

I love Fadz, he’s worth more than his place on his pitch for what he brings out in others. But he’s 36 and fraying around the edges and we need to consider what life looks like after him and if doesn’t have to be a like to like replacement.

Are you suggesting that if Fadz retired today, MR would switch formation?

Mucca Mad Boys

Agree on the overall sentiment with Fadz. But we don’t play 3 CBs because of him. It’s a system that MR and Adi like and will stick with it for the foreseeable.

Our formation offers balance and suits the way we’re trying to play - dynamic, direct, quick transitional counter attacking football.

We don’t really have any wingers so I cannot see why we’d play 4-2-4/4-2-3-1/4-3-3.

Evo1883

He’s not going to live forever Evo. You’re going to have to let go eventually. Just like Kelly and Godden, his time too shall pass.
Sad Fight GIF by Top Rank Boxing

Samo

Possibly. We’ve got much better wingbacks to move to fullback and more options up front.

I cant accept that MR and AV have evolved a whole system around and aging CB who is about to retire. Including the biggest summer recruitment in decades. Nah.

Users who are viewing this thread