Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (8 Viewers)

Otis

Not even a debate. This let’s consolidate is bollocks - we have to be in the playoffs at least
Yup. It's a statement of intent and we definitely should be expecting a top 6 place.

stupot07

1cb9a41b0d5e1009edd91f2c9a18f62e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

fatso

Teams will quite reasonably see us as promotion favourites just based off how much money we’ve spent. Lot of new pressure on Robins - I just hope he’s given time.
But we've not spent a penny that we haven't generated ourselves by the sale of Gyokeres.
Even the wage bill is offset by the number of players from various levels that we let go.

It's not as if a sugar daddy has taken over and is looking to buy promotion. So no other clubs fans can complain. It's purely down to good management and an owner who's willing to back that management.

mmttww

Come off if. Leicester have signed 5 already and they will be returning - I’d be staggered if we aren’t around promotion in May
Fair f*cks with the optimism. I still think we'll get the same points or a few more and just miss out. Difference this season will be that we won't have to rebuild again.

SBT

But we've not spent a penny that we haven't generated ourselves by the sale of Gyokeres.
Even the wage bill is offset by the number of players from various levels that we let go.

It's not as if a sugar daddy has taken over and is looking to buy promotion. So no other clubs fans can complain. It's purely down to good management and an owner who's willing to back that management.
I wouldn’t say our club is a model of sustainability at the moment. If we don’t get promoted in the next few seasons then it’s a big headache for Doug.

Fysnkysc

I wouldn’t say our club is a model of sustainability at the moment. If we don’t get promoted in the next few seasons then it’s a big headache for Doug.
Not really he hasn’t invested a penny of his own bank account, if anything it’s wages that fuck a club not fees

fernandopartridge

Fair f*cks with the optimism. I still think we'll get the same points or a few more and just miss out. Difference this season will be that we won't have to rebuild again.
We've got a stronger squad than last season especially if we get O'Hare back, it'd be a disappointing season to not have at the very least a serious play off challenge

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

True , but also spent nearly 45 million and had premier league players already in the team
Yes I get that, was just answering how long it takes a team with a lot of new players to gel.

fatso

That's exactly why the players he's brought in are of an age that they will have a sell on value.
We only need 1 to be picked up by a Premier league club to fund a similar recruitment process.

Evo1883

Like Robins said , it's just nice to have significant investment, feels like a new place

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I wonder how Matty Godden is feeling right now, hopefully it will spur him on to get a couple of goals on Sunday.

AFCCOVENTRY

Robins did say earlier today we are still 4 players short of the amount of players we had last season, actually now 3 with Wright confirmed. So at the minimum we need another 3. I guess the main thing is the overall quality of the squad is on another level compared to last season.

BananaFlats

Yes I get that, was just answering how long it takes a team with a lot of new players to gel.

Pah, they’re all down Samoan Joe’s now. Gus is getting rounds of shots in, team bonding like the old days right before a match!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Competition is only a good thing.
Godden is 32 and has done his job here well .. I'd imagine at his age he would be more than happy to play 3rd or 4th choice here and try and help when he's needed .. hard to find 1 in 3 strikers to sit on your bench

I think Godden will start on Sunday, but after that, he will find it hard to stay in the team.

Users who are viewing this thread