Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (8 Viewers)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

He was a hell of a lot better tonight

He looks average/okay on the left wing, still poor for £8M and has been supported by the reintroduction of Bidwell to make us more defensively solid whilst Wright refuses to track back. He’s hitting a bit of form which we badly needed but let’s not pretend he wasn’t stinking the place out before.

AFCCOVENTRY

He’s slowly figuring out the championship and gelling with the players. He’s plugging away and still got 5 goals and 2 assists so far. He’s going to end up with 15+ goals this season and more assists.

Martin180

He looks average/okay on the left wing, still poor for £8M and has been supported by the reintroduction of Bidwell to make us more defensively solid whilst Wright refuses to track back. He’s hitting a bit of form which we badly needed but let’s not pretend he wasn’t stinking the place out before.
Especially playing alongside Godden who was like Messi tonight ……

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Godden didnt cost 10% of what Haji Wright did in fee and hasn’t demanded sky high wages. If you’re going to demand the big money, you need to deliver in the big moments and Wright has been shite for 90% of the season and on the verge of acceptable for 10% of it. Let’s not make out he’s turned a corner, even a broken clock…

Martin180

Godden didnt cost 10% of what Haji Wright did in fee and hasn’t demanded sky high wages. If you’re going to demand the big money, you need to deliver in the big moments and Wright has been shite for 90% of the season and on the verge of acceptable for 10% of it. Let’s not make out he’s turned a corner, even a broken clock…
So you forgive Godden based on his fee but not Wright , who has played well in his last two games ?

SBAndy

“Wright refuses to track back.”

Or alternatively that is now a quirk in our system, and why we’re playing a flat 3 in the middle. Gives the cover to allow him to stay high.

SBAndy

One other thing: that chance he had just after half time that he blazed over the bar. That wasn’t an easy chance. Ball was bouncing into him. If it was along the ground I’d have expected more but it would have been an outstanding finish if he pulled it off given the pass.

fernandopartridge

One other thing: that chance he had just after half time that he blazed over the bar. That wasn’t an easy chance. Ball was bouncing into him. If it was along the ground I’d have expected more but it would have been an outstanding finish if he pulled it off given the pass.
Yes, it seemed to bobble but it was right to him rather than into his path

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

I’m pretty sure academy kids would have watched the first team play.

What’s your point?

Anyway. My bad, Haji Wright is absolutely brilliant and anyone who says otherwise is clueless. It’s not his fault when he’s had a bad game, he needs time to learn because no one had ever given him any opportunity.

Better?
That he probably wasn’t analysing Robbie Keane as a 14 year old.

CCFC54321

What you picking out godden for? That guys done some hard yards tonight and does a lot off the ball talking to and influencing others like wright through the game. Robins knows that so why don’t you?

Show some respect like you’re telling everyone else.

You’re one of our worst supporters, well done.

Martin180

What you picking out godden for? That guys done some hard yards tonight and does a lot off the ball talking to and influencing others like wright through the game. Robins knows that so why don’t you?

Show some respect like you’re telling everyone else.

You’re one of our worst supporters, well done.
Grow up you absolute clown

Londonccfcfan

There is something in there...there is light. We are certainly putting alot of work into him.

He's very hit and miss...quite literally.

You just look at him and think there's so much more to come. But we been saying that for full 4 months now.

His all round has improved though.hes looking like a footballer 75% of the time now.

Hertsccfc

There is something in there...there is light. We are certainly putting alot of work into him.

He's very hit and miss...quite literally.

You just look at him and think there's so much more to come. But we been saying that for full 4 months now.

His all round has improved though.hes looking like a footballer 75% of the time now.
There's been something there all the time.

lewys33

Our fans really are wild at times. I heard 1 guy behind me slag him off for “not wanting it enough” when the ball was with Milan at RB and he was up on the left …

people need to give their head a wobble. One of his better games by far work rate was up there for most of the game.

hill83

Our fans really are wild at times. I heard 1 guy behind me slag him off for “not wanting it enough” when the ball was with Milan at RB and he was up on the left …

people need to give their head a wobble. One of his better games by far work rate was up there for most of the game.

I think in general some people are just massive thick cunts who you wouldn’t have any affiliation with in normal life. But we are brought together through football and who we support. Don’t overthink it.

napolimp

2 people near me shouted "for fucks sake Wright", when Allen played a blind ball round the corner, no where near Wright, which went straight to a Plymouth player.

People literally complaining on here that he doesn't track back, when he spent the whole match tracking back. Including one incident where he ran half the length of the pitch back into our own half, and won a throw in from a promisimg Plymouth attack.

Mucca Mad Boys

Only after he scored did he look a bit better. Stunk the place out prior to that. If he hadn’t scored this board would have burned out the uk web server by 11pm.
Funnily enough, my mate who is a neutral thought he was our biggest threat, played well and deserved his goal.

Amazing how things can be perceived when there’s not unconscious bias.

alexccfc99

End of the day he is well on course to hit double figures and probably be our top scorer, comfortably

Makes you think

usskyblue

Jesus H Christ. This is why our transfer fees should always be undisclosed… people need to chillthefuckout.

5 goals so far. Has he pulled up 8 million euros worth of trees? No, not yet.. but give the constant whining a fucking rest and give him (at the veryfucking least) one season to prove himself.

Last edited:

Hincha

“Wright refuses to track back.”

Or alternatively that is now a quirk in our system, and why we’re playing a flat 3 in the middle. Gives the cover to allow him to stay high.

Don't get how people do not see this.

It is mainly Allen's job to support Bidwell in a 4-4-2 defensive structure and we leave Wright higher to attack the back line quickly when we turn it over. Wright is getting hounded for tactical instruction.

When we got caught out high up the pitch a couple of times he bust his gut to cover the space.

TomRad85

Jesus H Christ. This is why our transfer fees should always be undisclosed… people need to chillthefuckout.

5 goals so far. Has he pulled up 8 million euros worth of trees? No, not yet.. but give the constant whining a fucking rest and give him (at the veryfucking least) one season to prove himself.
He'll probably end up with more than he did in Turkey last season, this thread at one point wrote off the whole Turkish market based on Wright.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

fatso

Thought he looked very powerful and willing to do a lot of the stuff that Godden didn’t do for most of the game . Definetly deserves more game time
Comparing him to Godden when Godden had a shocker isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Users who are viewing this thread