Home attendances (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

Sure we've had this discussion before but where are you fitting an extra 6K in there tonight? Wasn't even the normal amount taken out for segregation.

Was the balcony closed off, how many does that hold?

pusbccfc

Sure we've had this discussion before but where are you fitting an extra 6K in there tonight? Wasn't even the normal amount taken out for segregation.

Was the balcony closed off, how many does that hold?

Comfortably tonight. Loads of empty seats in the North Stand. The big empty blocks.

shmmeee

Apparently due to that Christmas party... Hence why hospitality was 'sold out' yet half empty.

Looked dreadful on TV. Wish they would move the cameras.

Me too, but don’t they always face the tunnel/benches?

pusbccfc

Me too, but don’t they always face the tunnel/benches?

Nope, it's just the way the ground was designed unfortunately.

They don't face the benches at a lot of grounds such as Chelsea, United, West Ham, Spurs etc.

In fact, I'd imagine it's the opposite at most stadiums.

shmmeee

Nope, it's just the way the ground was designed unfortunately.

They don't face the benches at a lot of grounds such as Chelsea, United, West Ham, Spurs etc.

In fact, I'd imagine it's the opposite at most stadiums.

I just assumed cos of how much cameramen love a shot of the manager and how the players come out.

Terry_dactyl

The atmosphere really is lost on the telly…which thinking about it is maybe not a bad thing.
Everytime we’re on someone I know will text me to say “oh, not many there”.
Usually my Dad who has either forgotten he says this every time or is on the windup. It could be either.

Legia Sky Blue

Just occurred to me, but did the club ever officially say they were no longer pursuing the Warwick University stadium? I know it was always pie in the sky, but how short sighted would it have been to move to a capacity around 10,000 below the crowd we got last night? If I remember right though, I think plenty on here thought that capacity would be adequate for us o_O

Sky Blue Pete

Just occurred to me, but did the club ever officially say they were no longer pursuing the Warwick University stadium? I know it was always pie in the sky, but how short sighted would it have been to move to a capacity around 10,000 below the crowd we got last night? If I remember right though, I think plenty on here thought that capacity would be adequate for us o_O
Doug did yep

Londonccfcfan

Let's be honest not a single one of us ACTUALLY thought 4 years ago we would get 20k season ticket holders in the championship so soon.

Brylowes

Incredible when you think most havnt been at 3pm on a Saturday. Otherwise would be higher.
Unfortunately I think this is likely to have a detrimental impact on future season ticket sales, certainly for people who live outside the area and those who take young children.
Myself and my lad purchased x2 season tickets for £1000 and have hardly used them, it’s a 340 mile round trip and he’s a full time builder so midweek games are impossible for him and I don’t care much for travelling up on my own.

Londonccfcfan

Unfortunately I think this is likely to have a detrimental impact on future season ticket sales, certainly for people who live outside the area and those who take young children.
Myself and my lad purchased x2 season tickets for £1000 and have hardly used them, it’s a 340 mile round trip and he’s a full time builder so midweek games are impossible for him and I don’t care much for travelling up on my own.
I know so many fans like you. Its tragic tbh. It impacts even the local fans.

CCFCSteve

Yes I remember 7K, but you could nip over Frankie and Bennys for a pint with 20 minutes to go before getting the crushing disappointment express home, great times.

Happy days. Talking throughout the match and not watching in game, as you say, good times…although bit better the last 4-5 years

Essexrobbie

The atmosphere really is lost on the telly…which thinking about it is maybe not a bad thing.
Everytime we’re on someone I know will text me to say “oh, not many there”.
Usually my Dad who has either forgotten he says this every time or is on the windup. It could be either.
The noise coming over the radio last night was quite extraordinary, deafening in fact. I remember on one occasion towards the end of the season I had to turn the radio off and wait a while because you just couldn't hear the commentators over it.

Sky Blue Pete

The noise coming over the radio last night was quite extraordinary, deafening in fact. I remember on one occasion towards the end of the season I had to turn the radio off and wait a while because you just couldn't hear the commentators over it.
The noise for the goals was quite extraordinary

ccfc922

If I was that type of person I’d go find all those people that claimed we’d never hit 25k back when we were in L1.

There's always been support there. Wee always had our hard-core, but championship football was always going to draw in the extra 14k or so.

Just need the TV cameras swapping around now.

Brylowes

I mean like I said we had 18,000 - we had 2/3000 when NOPM was a “thing” - did 15k forget or something?
From last season’s K/O and before a takeover was being heavily touted and was expected, Doug King acquired an 85% stake in the club in early December and then purchased the remaining 15% on January 27.
If none of that had happened and it was just another season under SISU would we have got anywhere near the playoffs, I mean, we know they’d have cashed in on anyone worth anything in January.

TBH I’m really not that bothered either way, I never practiced NOPM myself (Northamton aside ) but many said they did and I wouldn’t be so arrogant as to call them liars.

Terry_dactyl

Must be a Sky thing then. I think it’s pretty good on ifollow…which I guess makes sense given the radio thing.

I like that we’ve become noisy.

Terry_dactyl

There's always been support there. Wee always had our hard-core, but championship football was always going to draw in the extra 14k or so.

Just need the TV cameras swapping around now.
Well, I was never convinced. Being someone who grew up with us in the top flight often not being able to fill HR, I’m happily surprised with how things are going.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

From last season’s K/O and before a takeover was being heavily touted and was expected, Doug King acquired an 85% stake in the club in early December and then purchased the remaining 15% on January 27.
If none of that had happened and it was just another season under SISU would we have got anywhere near the playoffs, I mean, we know they’d have cashed in on anyone worth anything in January.

TBH I’m really not that bothered either way, I never practiced NOPM myself (Northamton aside ) but many said they did and I wouldn’t be so arrogant as to call them liars.
We’ve had record season tickets the last 3 seasons. You cannot say we wouldn’t have made the play offs, you don’t know if Gyokeres would have been sold.

the fact is we started with 3k as a full attendance when NOPM started - before last season started we had 18k season ticket holders, this was before any play off charge or Gyokeres magic

NOPM was nothing more than an excuse not to go - as soon as the club started getting back to its feet, people slinked back as predicted. Up until this season SISU presided over record season ticket sales

Users who are viewing this thread