Home attendances (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

We’ve had record season tickets the last 3 seasons. You cannot say we wouldn’t have made the play offs, you don’t know if Gyokeres would have been sold.

the fact is we started with 3k as a full attendance when NOPM started - before last season started we had 18k season ticket holders, this was before any play off charge or Gyokeres magic

NOPM was nothing more than an excuse not to go - as soon as the club started getting back to its feet, people slinked back as predicted. Up until this season SISU presided over record season ticket sales
Last season we sold 13,000 season tickets not 18,000.

But i take it all back, you are correct about everything.

shmmeee

Just occurred to me, but did the club ever officially say they were no longer pursuing the Warwick University stadium? I know it was always pie in the sky, but how short sighted would it have been to move to a capacity around 10,000 below the crowd we got last night? If I remember right though, I think plenty on here thought that capacity would be adequate for us o_O

The new ground idea was always an acceptance that we’d never go above L1.

Brylowes

Apologies - not sure where I got 18k from. But considering it broke a 50 year record I’d stand by my point.

SISU precided a constant increase in season ticket sales. If NOPM was a thing this wouldn’t have happened
Actually now you’ve explained it all to me……… thank fuck for SISU……..god only knows where we’d be without their stewardship of the club.

Sick Boy

Any idea of what average home attendances were like during the early to mid 00s? I’d imagine the average away support was around 800.

letsallsingtogether

Just occurred to me, but did the club ever officially say they were no longer pursuing the Warwick University stadium? I know it was always pie in the sky, but how short sighted would it have been to move to a capacity around 10,000 below the crowd we got last night? If I remember right though, I think plenty on here thought that capacity would be adequate for us o_O
Yes loads on here thought it was a great idea!

Reactions: SBT

Flying Fokker

Didn’t we get 18k last year? I’d suggest that even with SISU here we’d have bit 20k considering we made the play off final.

NOPM wasn’t a thing
Maybe for some. SISU were the biggest contributors in both financially restraining the club but also taking the club away from the fans.
Thousands marched through the streets of Coventry in protest, less than 3000 went to Northampton. 18000 extra city fans watch city regularly nowadays. All good news for the new owners. Any NOPM people were lost in the stampede towards the depths of the league.

pusbccfc

wingy

Maybe for some. SISU were the biggest contributors in both financially restraining the club but also taking the club away from the fans.
Thousands marched through the streets of Coventry in protest, less than 3000 went to Northampton. 18000 extra city fans watch city regularly nowadays. All good news for the new owners. Any NOPM people were lost in the stampede towards the depths of the league.
Finally to return this summer, but I was never an advocate of NOPM, more an unconscious collective if you like.

Flying Fokker

Finally to return this summer, but I was never an advocate of NOPM, more an unconscious collective if you like.
Agreed, I would not go to Northampton or Birmingham. For me, it was wrong. The moment that happened, the club lost even more revenue. SISU carried this during the next 10 years.

clint van damme

Just been on to get a couple of tickets for the Wednesday game, not much left
Still tickets together in 27.

Adge

Just been on to get a couple of tickets for the Wednesday game, not much left
Still tickets together in 27.
Jeez! Purchased 6 last week and they were all separate and scattered all over the place. Guess they released another block etc?

bigfatronssba

Anyone know what allocation we've gave Wednesday? Think we're going to be getting 30k for this one

bigfatronssba

What is actually more impressive is the stability of the crowds. The lowest so far this season is 22,200. In our entire 140 year history we've only had a higher "low" than that in 3 seasons (67-68, 68-69, 69-70)
Lots of families which means kids growing up and following the club.

Its incredible when you think where we were just a few years ago. We were dead. Mark Robins hasn't just saved the club, he's guaranteed its future

Flying Fokker

Anyone know what allocation we've gave Wednesday? Think we're going to be getting 30k for this one Wednesday? Think we're going to be getting 30k for this one
Allocated 2925. Sold out. It could mean 26k plus. The away teams certainly seem to like the Arena.

I like weekday/night games. Just not too many of them.

Last edited:

clint van damme

Jeez! Purchased 6 last week and they were all separate and scattered all over the place. Guess they released another block etc?

Looks like all the blocks are now open as there were tickets available in Upper and lower 26 and 27, but not many.

Cally Fedora

Yes, happily surprised with attendances. Maybe the game itself has grown in terms of popularity and exposure. It’s strange to think we had years and years of what would now be Premier League football and drew in 10-15,000 late seventies early eighties, and all through the eighties to be honest.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I said before all tickets should be released from the off.The way it's done people like yourself either buy separate ticket or don't bother going at all.If possible go back to the club and ask them to help you out.People who don't have a season ticket for whatever reason (pricewise and this sort of thing) get treated terrible.Hope you all enjoy the game.

SkyBlueSoul

Anyone know what allocation we've gave Wednesday? Think we're going to be getting 30k for this one
4k according to their site and they've sold out now so it'll definitely up there. Probably top out at 28k with the segregation.

clint van damme

once people have season tickets they tend not to want to let them go and I'd say a huge portion will renew

I know several who are jacking it because of the lack of 3pm Saturday kick offs. Or should that be say they are jacking it, lets see what happens.

Evo1883

I know several who are jacking it because of the lack of 3pm Saturday kick offs. Or should that be say they are jacking it, lets see what happens.

I mean plenty will say it but I'd imagine most people will still renew .. very rare you see clubs go from good crowds to shit crowds over night in the same division

Every club is the same so it wouldn't just effect us , are we expecting lower attendances accross the country when they keep rising in general

clint van damme

I mean plenty will say it but I'd imagine most people will still renew .. very rare you see clubs go from good crowds to shit crowds over night in the same division

Every club is the same so it wouldn't just effect us , are we expecting lower attendances accross the country when they keep rising in general

I think we could see an overall decrease across the league though none of us know for sure what the new times lots for televised games will be yet.

skybluecam

once people have season tickets they tend not to want to let them go and I'd say a huge portion will renew
I’m not sure about those 5,000 or so new ST holders. Probably depends on our league finish. A good end to the season would also help, but if we finished lower than 10th I wouldn’t be surprised to see less than 50% renew.

pusbccfc

4k according to their site and they've sold out now so it'll definitely up there. Probably top out at 28k with the segregation.

Should get 30,000 like the Birmingham game last season?

shmmeee

While our attendances this year have been great, I do wonder what we’ll be getting next year.

All depends how we finish. Top ten and I reckon we’ll keep most. Playoffs again and I think we’ll sell out. Bottom half we’ll see quite a drop.

Users who are viewing this thread