How are you feeling? (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

If you’re a man, and maybe a woman too, but I reckon mostly men, lift heavy shit. It really is ridiculously good for mental health.
I used to a lot and managed to get addicted to it and it became a bit unhealthy. Now just addicted to running and occasional alcohol binges.

skyblueinBaku

I was in a bad place some years ago, on my own and eating takeaways and drinking too much. Decided to throw myself into work and went to the gym every night to fill in time. Started to cook and eat healthy stuff and almost cut out the booze. It gave me a different outlook. Changed jobs which took me all over Europe making new friends and contacts. Was offered jobs in USA and Australia but thought I was too old for such a major change.
Met a lady and got married and all seemed too good to be true. Of course it was, we lost her daughter and that changed everything again. Something we will never get over, but you need to go on for the rest of the family.

Retired now filling in my time with football, fishing and walking the dog.
I guess the moral is life can be shit, but it can get worse before it gets better. Whatever place you are in is you starting point to make your next move.

I always remember what an old boss told me when he had a major problem with work - "What's the worst they can do? They can't take you outside and shoot you"
A US Navy pal of mine used to say "they can kill me, but they can't eat me - there's a law against that".

Greggs

Let's all welcome @napolimp to the thread. He sounds like he needs to open up, especially after his recent behaviour. Feel free to talk.

Grendel

Let's all welcome @napolimp to the thread. He sounds like he needs to open up, especially after his recent behaviour. Feel free to talk.

I think @PVA also needs to open up regarding factual denial and his mocking of alcoholism is truly disgraceful. He has of course previously accused me of being a sex abuse victim. Guy has issues.

Grendel

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

Grendel

PVA thinks child sex abuse is a laughing matter.

Grendel

No I think you're a laughing matter. Hope that clears it up 👍🏻

No it hasn’t. I find your mocking about dolls and touching pretty offensive actually

PVA

I got dragged into it when I wasn't even posting in here.

But to answer the OP, feeling OK apart from having Covid again.

Bit stressed at work, but looking forward to a golf trip in a few weeks with the lads followed by a holiday with the family.

LastGarrison

I’ll lighten the mood then. 👀

18 years today since I lost my Mum to the c**t of the disease that is Leukaemia at the young age of 50.

I’d been up the football seeing us lose to Hull.

I’m travelling back from Wales hungover and then I’m going to take my Old Man up the crem and then proceed to drink myself into oblivion. 👍

clint van damme

18 years today since I lost my Mum to the c**t of the disease that is Leukaemia at the young age of 50.

I’m travelling back from Wales hungover and then I’m going to take my Old Man up the crem and then proceed to drink myself into oblivion. 👍

Tough day mate, hope it goes as well as it can

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Bit of a ramble;

Started Setraline last year when all the shit with my ex kicked off. Wasn’t sleeping, couldn’t focus at work. Told the GP I needed something to help me sleep, wasn’t until my GF picked up the prescription and asked why id been prescribed SSRIs I realised! Quality doctoring there.

Anyway, didn’t really touch the sides at first, just made me tired. Amped up to 100mg/day and everything was great, but too great, no focus, no drive, still tired. Productivity went through the floor and I lost my job. Work were understanding but also not a charity. Luckily ended up in a better job, was open about my situation and they’ve been great. Came down to 50mg and seemed in a good place. Then was stupid enough to try and come off cos I was feeling great and went fucking mental, lost a mate cos of shit I said whilst mental. Got back on the Sertaline and court case came to and end and am in a good place. Wish I could fucking cum regularly, but I guess you can’t have everything.

Not sure I’m where I want to be. Diet is fucked. Smoking and drug intake is fucked. But I’m productive at work, the intrusive thoughts have stopped (but will reappear if I miss a pill) and my penis is at about 40%.

Never wanted to be on SSRIs, now feel I can’t drop them. Need a bit of the unhappiness to drive me to get off my ass and make the healthy changes, but scared of losing what I’ve got.

Ain’t mental health shit?

Sorry for the ramble.

I can really relate to you mate. You are gonna get there. I was on sertraline for two years and been off since 2021.

It affected my diet and ability to shag properly, but the problem was it really changed me as a person. I was completely on another planet and one night I drank on them to excess and ended up almost ruining my life. I won't go into it here but can PM if you want, but that point I realised those things were just making me worse. I started therapy and came to realise so much stuff about my life and childhood, was fucked.

I'm not in a great place at the moment, but these things for me are always relationship related. I also didn't speak to my family in over a year. Otherwise I've got some good things going for me and an amazing job. Need to focus on that.

This thread is great and well done for opening up. You are going to get there, being aware of shit is the first step, and you are putting the work in. Good luck.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Thinking of you mate. Enjoy some drinks but look after yourself! That's very important.

covcity4life

Wake up early
Meditate
Be grateful
Don't argue
Don't gossip
Don't binge on anything be it alcohol or TV
Excercise-weights or running
Sleep early

Hopefully never need drugs

Easier said that done though. Wish I could do all of these every single day without fail but end up falling off living well bandwagon after a week or so and then take a week or so to start up again

clint van damme

Wake up early
Meditate
Be grateful
Don't argue
Don't gossip
Sleep early

Easier said that done though. Wish I could do all of these every single day without fail but end up falling off living well bandwagon after a week or so and then take a week or so to start up again

You need to do a bit of work on 4 and 5

Covkid1968#

Wake up early
Meditate
Be grateful
Don't argue
Don't gossip
Sleep early

It’s a good checklist to stick to… I’ll see how it goes.

covcity4life

Oh and add cold shower every morning to the list!

It's not uncomfortable after you do it for a week or so and I find get less colds now. Been doing it close to a year

shmmeee

Wake up early
Meditate
Be grateful
Don't argue
Don't gossip
Sleep early

👏 excellent phrasing. Almost always self medication.

SkyBlueSoul

It's not uncomfortable after you do it for a week or so and I find get less colds now. Been doing it close to a year
This is one of those things I know is good for you, has been great every time I've done it, but have just never added to my routine.

Covkid1968#

FFS… you can’t just feckin add another requirement to the list!!!

PVA

I'll have a cold shower after exercising, can't bring myself to do it in the mornings after rolling out of bed though :ROFLMAO:

ajsccfc

Another health one, I've been asthmatic all my life but when I did my recent round of checkups that got my blood pressure diagnosed they looked at the records and whatever else, got me to do a week of peak flow tests and have basically signed me off as not having asthma any more. I didn't even know you could get shot of it

shmmeee

Another health one, I've been asthmatic all my life but when I did my recent round of checkups that got my blood pressure diagnosed they looked at the records and whatever else, got me to do a week of peak flow tests and have basically signed me off as not having asthma any more. I didn't even know you could get shot of it

Same happened to me during Covid. Told the doctor I was asthmatic, had an inhaler since I was a kid but had rarely used it as an adult. Thought I’d better get checked with the pandemic. Was told I don’t have asthma any more!

NorthernWisdom

Had it really badly as a child (hospital stays, told I wouldn't be able to play sport etc) and grew out of it in my teens.

Still can't play sport mind, but at least that's on ability and fatness(!)

Sbarcher

Just been prescribed with Statins. Had a text from the surgery saying my profile suggested I would benefit from them. When I called the surgery was told there is a programme of profiling patient's records and I presume an algorithm highlights any potential problem down the line.
When I last had a check-up all was in order.
Anyway, on the basis that the computer never lies, decided to take them.
It's good the NHS seem to be getting pro-active with prevention rather than an early illness onset.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just been prescribed with Statins. Had a text from the surgery saying my profile suggested I would benefit from them. When I called the surgery was told there is a programme of profiling patient's records and I presume an algorithm highlights any potential problem down the line.
When I last had a check-up all was in order.
Anyway, on the basis that the computer never lies, decided to take them.
It's good the NHS seem to be getting pro-active with prevention rather than an early illness onset.
They work by inhibiting the pathway your body uses to make cholesterol, so perhaps you have that higher than usual. Most of your blood cholesterol comes from that rather than your diet, my dad’s side of the family all have quite high levels of it.

Users who are viewing this thread