How man at managers have thrived under SISU (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

I can only think of only one manger to do well under Sisu.

Either Sisu are rubbish at finding managers or they don't back then properly, the stats don't lie I'm afraid.

D

Deleted member 2477

Yep but he had the balls to tell the truth about sisu and said thats why he was leaving due to broken promises.
Says it all

SkyBlueScottie

Its the latter, Robins moved on quickly, as he realised that without any sort of infrastructure behind him his stock would begin to fall. Pressley supposedly set up a scouting team or a database or something, the fact this went with him suggests this was done off of his own back. Mowbray has since had to do the same... Its irritating, the books previously showed that Sisu were investing around 3 million per year to "run" the club, anything over and above that was put down as a loss against the club. Had they continued to keep doing that, and allowing transfer fees received to be used by the management team to either run the club or improve the players on the pitch we would be very competitive in this league.

NorthernWisdom

Yep but he had the balls to tell the truth about sisu and said thats why he was leaving due to broken promises.
Says it all
MarkRobins said:
I spoke to the owner, I sought assurances and didn’t get any assurances from the owner of Coventry. I absolutely wish them all the best, they work their socks off and as I’ve said before that club needs support from Coventry City Council... it needs support to build revenue streams and help from the council.

http://www.itv.com/news/central/upd...ns-the-council-need-to-support-coventry-city/

skyblue1991

Says it all
Nothing to do with his larger pay packet, closer to his home in a higher league then?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Ranjit Bhurpa

Failed managers at CCFC can be traced back long before Sisu arrived here. With the possible exception of Strachan who was funded by Uncle Bryan's money tree at the bottom of the garden, Black who wasnt given long enough and Robins who jumped ship. TM isn't a failure yet and gives me more confidence than any of the others.

dongonzalos

Didn't Robins do both.
Firstly say it was because he was promised a budget that didn't come.
Then later say the council need to help the club more.
He just lived off DMC and the players he inherited.
His track record since showed he was nothing special.

skybluetony176

Didn't Robins do both.
Firstly say it was because he was promised a budget that didn't come.
Then later say the council need to help the club more.
He just lived off DMC and the players he inherited.
His track record since showed he was nothing special.

Indeed. Robins was critical of all. Some have selective memories of what he said when he left.

Otis

Bloody hell, where did you dig that one up from, NW? :)

I take it that is from a thread from many years ago.

I liked Robins. Tis a bit strange though that he is the only manager who has made such comments isn't it.

He could have well have been right of course, but by the same token he could have been given the spiel and spin Sisu style and simply bought it.

georgehudson

due to the proliferation of confidentiality clauses we will not know anything for many a year,
there is a common denominator tho,
and that is, imho,
the continued installation of poor quality at the top,
Clarke, Dulieu, Clouting, Igwe, Labowic, & present day persons etc.,
presumably they all had/have to report to JS who said/will say NO

skybluejelly

due to the proliferation of confidentiality clauses we will not know anything for many a year,
there is a common denominator tho,
and that is, imho,
the continued installation of poor quality at the top,
Clarke, Dulieu, Clouting, Igwe, Labowic, & present day persons etc.,
presumably they all had/have to report to JS who said/will say NO

i was thinking this the other day.. if mowbray is sacked or walks i hope he turns down any pay off with confidentiality clauses .. and lets everyone know what exactly is going on..if he spills the beans on how or if his hands are being tied then surely nobody would hold it against him in seeking another job

NorthernWisdom

Tis a bit strange though that he is the only manager who has made such comments isn't it.

Arguably the only one wheree the game changed halfway through... although I was always slightly nervous for Pressley that he'd been sold a 'vision' that never happened.

Robions always seemed to be calling it how he saw it, Pressley seemed to have an expectation of things that didn't end up happening although, again, that coyuld just have been his style of talking things up in public.

Hobo

He did spend £1.2m on Eastwood...

Perhaps the owners said he was shit hot (joke, just in case someone thinks it is a serious dig at SISU).

Hobo

We do know as fans that the message given by SISU can change week to week, on occasions from day to day.

skybluesam66

Ranson told me that he initially resigned after the Leeds game when we were 4th in the League under Bothroyd, as this was the night that SISU advised him that the investment was over. No idea if this is true or partially true - just what he told me

skybluebeduff

There were rumours after the first full season, that both Ranson and Coleman resigned as the budgets got slashed, but were persuaded to stay on after all.
Coleman spent more in his last season with us than he did the previous year. £1.5mill just on Clingan, McIndoe and Craine. We also made over £5mill that season on players sales like Dann, Best and Fox which recouped SISU's expenditure the season before on Eastwood, Dann and Fox.

SISU have seen more money come in than they have put out. Just check the transfers in and transfers out since they arrived in 2007.

Esoterica

Coleman spent more in his last season with us than he did the previous year. £1.5mill just on Clingan, McIndoe and Craine. We also made over £5mill that season on players sales like Dann, Best and Fox which recouped SISU's expenditure the season before on Eastwood, Dann and Fox.

SISU have seen more money come in than they have put out. Just check the transfers in and transfers out since they arrived in 2007.
All used up on Michael Doyles 100k a week.

skybluesam66

since the last season in the championship
2011/12 +2.05m profit
2012/13 +2.00m
2013/14 +0.75m
2014/15 + 3.00m
2015/16 +3.00m

add on that windfalls for cup games v arsenal and spurs that is around £14m over 5 years

Once we get to league 2 - I would not expect any sales of players to be able to generate anything like those numbers for our illustrious owners, so I pray that we may get rid of them

Grendel

I can only think of only one manger to do well under Sisu.

Either Sisu are rubbish at finding managers or they don't back then properly, the stats don't lie I'm afraid.

Most CCFC managers have a win record of around 30%. There is a cluster between 29 and 34%. The managers under sisu mainly fit into this bracket with a couple of exceptions both ways.

Irish Sky Blue

Arguably the only one wheree the game changed halfway through... although I was always slightly nervous for Pressley that he'd been sold a 'vision' that never happened.

Robions always seemed to be calling it how he saw it, Pressley seemed to have an expectation of things that didn't end up happening although, again, that coyuld just have been his style of talking things up in public.

I never understood why Pressley said the freezing out of Carl Baker and the decision to let Richard Wood and Joe Murphy leave were footballing decisions, ie nothing to do with their salary. It was almost as though he was taking the flack away from Sisu and on to himself. I really can't believe that he let Baker and Murphy go for footballing reasons.

Nick

Administrator
I never understood why Pressley said the freezing out of Carl Baker and the decision to let Richard Wood and Joe Murphy leave were footballing decisions, ie nothing to do with their salary. It was almost as though he was taking the flack away from Sisu and on to himself. I really can't believe that he let Baker and Murphy go for footballing reasons.

Didn't Baker also say it was down to Pressley?

Esoterica

The only thing I can think of is if he could get 3 or 4 players in for the same cost as Baker/Murphy then it kind of becomes a footballing decision. But it's scraping the barrel!

Ranjit Bhurpa

Ranson told me that he initially resigned after the Leeds game when we were 4th in the League under Bothroyd, as this was the night that SISU advised him that the investment was over. No idea if this is true or partially true - just what he told me
It wouldn't surprise me at all. Something changed after that match and we were never the same again, certainly on the pitch.

NorthernWisdom

I could believe those two. Baker was erratic and dipped second half of the season - directly replaced by O'Brien. Jim Blyth always used to have a massive downer on Murphy and decide he just wasn't up to it. if Pressley and his advisors saw whatever Blyth did...

Irish Sky Blue

I could believe those two. Baker was erratic and dipped second half of the season - directly replaced by O'Brien. Jim Blyth always used to have a massive downer on Murphy and decide he just wasn't up to it. if Pressley and his advisors saw whatever Blyth did...

Was Jim Blyth here then? I thought Oggy was goalkeeper coach by that time.

Users who are viewing this thread