How man at managers have thrived under SISU (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

There's not many managers that can be considered to have thrived anywhere though these days is there? People are sacked before they get chance to turn situations around as the financial rewards are too great. JFH at Burton before his move to QPR? But he only managed 50 odd games I think. Sean Dyche at Burnley but he didn't get much backing in the PL. Tisdale? Karl Robinson?

Evo1883

We finished in the top 10 for the first time under sisu , with Tony Mowbray .
6 game in people want him sacked

Nobody will thrive at this club under sisu , we might get lucky , but it seems to go tits up after 50 games or so because of the clubs release to recruit policy every single year , so we have no actual stability
Turnbull and Jones are signed on long term deals to basically make more money from the sale of them , we all know that .

21 players that were here last year are gone....we go through this almost every season

chiefdave

Is there a stats website that tells you how many mangers each club have had in the last few years and how long on average each club keeps a manager in the job.

Esoterica

Is there a stats website that tells you how many mangers each club have had in the last few years and how long on average each club keeps a manager in the job.
You'd need an awful lot of mangers for all the donkeys we've had over the last few years.

Grendel

Blasting through the Premier League clubs they are all an average of a 100 plus games, many of the successful clubs over 200. Except Crystal Palce who are around 90.

Coventry is 78....as an average that is a lot lower. Knee jerk doesn't work.

We are not in the Premier League - if we were I am sure he would be safer

Hobo

We are not in the Premier League - if we were I am sure he would be safer

The club has lacked positive leadership and infrastructure for many many years so it is no surprise why we are where we are. Many people who have been at the club are responsible. The current owners who are now long in the tooth have failed to give the leadership and the structure any successful organisation needs.

It is sad that fans have turned the blame onto CCC, Wasps, Coventry Telegraph and a rugby sporting initiative (that is not unique to Coventry).

I accept they might not assist our cause. But they are not the root of our failure.

robbiekeane

Coleman spent more in his last season with us than he did the previous year. £1.5mill just on Clingan, McIndoe and Craine. We also made over £5mill that season on players sales like Dann, Best and Fox which recouped SISU's expenditure the season before on Eastwood, Dann and Fox.

SISU have seen more money come in than they have put out. Just check the transfers in and transfers out since they arrived in 2007.
Yeh because the only outgoing for a football team is player transfers

Is that even a real post

skybluebeduff

Yeh because the only outgoing for a football team is player transfers

Is that even a real post
Are you serious?
If I wanted to mention every single incoming and outgoings of the club, then I would of, if you want to review every account since 2007, do it yourself. Surprise yourself.

robbiekeane

You said:
SISU have seen more money come in than they have put out. Just check the transfers in and transfers out since they arrived in 2007.

To claim that they have made a profit (more money in that they have put out) solely based on transfers is absolutely ridiculous. Not asking you to go back and analyse 9 years worth of accounts, just don't feed the crazies any more bullshit

dongonzalos

There's not many managers that can be considered to have thrived anywhere though these days is there? People are sacked before they get chance to turn situations around as the financial rewards are too great. JFH at Burton before his move to QPR? But he only managed 50 odd games I think. Sean Dyche at Burnley but he didn't get much backing in the PL. Tisdale? Karl Robinson?

I did a list on another thread.
It surprised me there are quite a lot from 2 1/2 years upwards up to Wenger.
Unfortunately the list is about the same size as the amount of managers we have had since Gordan Strachan.

dongonzalos

Arsène Wenger 19 years, 338 days
Paul Tisdale 10 years, 69 days
Karl Robinson 6 years 116 days
Paul Hurst 5 years, 164 days
Jim Bentley 5 years, 113 days
Steve Davis 4 years, 298 days
Gareth Ainsworth 3 years, 345 days
Neal Ardley 3 years, 329 days
Eddie Howe 3 years, 326 days
Sean Dyche 3 years, 309 days
Mick McCarthy 3 years, 307 days
Keith Hill 3 years, 225 days
Simon Grayson 3 years, 198 days
Phil Brown 3 years, 162 days
Mark Hughes 3 years, 96 days
Aitor Karanka 2 years, 295 days
David Flitcroft 2 years, 269 days

dongonzalos

stupot07

65e0d4783b5cda4c4ea6115f2f7d7794.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Turnbull and Jones are signed on long term deals to basically make more money from the sale of them , we all know that .
21 players that were here last year are gone....we go through this almost every season

which is it, we sign players on long term deals to make money, or we don't sign them on long enough deals ?

stupot07

Only stat that matters to anybody with a sane mind , is we finished 8th last year under Mowbray , this season has just started .
Whilst I take the point about this season, Pressley would have finished 9th without the 10 point deduction. There are similarities.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread