"Huge Police Operation" Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Frankly I am shocked ......... all those fans seem such nice chappies and never a moments trouble :facepalm:

why it is front page news i dont really know - the police are taking sensible precautions as we would all expect - hardly cries out to be given headline status

Nick

Administrator
No other news. Yesterday the front page was dominated by some Albino people.

skybluesben

130 officers is not that much considering Coventry alone has over 500 police officers

skybluesben

peak times maybe 200? BTP will also give a hand to grade 1 calls and Warwickshire always like to hang around in Coventry anyways. And only 70 of the officers are WMP anyways. Well if the shit hits the fan, they can always call for more officers.

luckylad

200 !! Try 50-70 tops.. A mate of mine does it and you'd be shocked at the true figures on the streets. BTP and Warks will have their own fun and games to contend with. As for warks hanging around, thats them cutting through from Beduff to Leamington

SkyBluegilby

In fairness short of everyone going to the games in handcuffs (oo-er!) if people want to fight and whatever they will find a way to, what really really pissed me off was the thing in Earlsdon, I was on the highstreet and with the mrs and we managed to get into a charity shop but there was families everywhere whilst it was all going off. If you want a scuffle just find a nice bit of greenbelt to do it on and leave the fans to be fans at the football.

Changeyourface

In fairness short of everyone going to the games in handcuffs (oo-er!) if people want to fight and whatever they will find a way to, what really really pissed me off was the thing in Earlsdon, I was on the highstreet and with the mrs and we managed to get into a charity shop but there was families everywhere whilst it was all going off. If you want a scuffle just find a nice bit of greenbelt to do it on and leave the fans to be fans at the football.

Have to disagree there mate, if anything it should be kept at Football so it doesn't affect the average Joe and his family. If two groups of lads want to kick the shit out of each other, then fair enough but to do it in public highstreets is wrong.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Our 'fans' bring trouble on themselves! The amount of 'fans' who think its big to wind oppositions fans up then brick it at the retaliation or even the sight of police is unreal. I agree with SBGilby that if they want to have a scrap then it should be away from an area where theres goin to be families / kids etc. And certainly not he associated with CCFC.

Nick

Administrator
Have to disagree there mate, if anything it should be kept at Football so it doesn't affect the average Joe and his family. If two groups of lads want to kick the shit out of each other, then fair enough but to do it in public highstreets is wrong.

What about the families or average Joe at the games?

If they want to do it then do it in a field away from the public, I guess 95% don't want to do it they just want to talk about it or act hard.

As Sw88 says, whenever I walk by the Tunnel to Tesco there are so many fans who gob off then leg it and just look stupid.

I remember a Millwall fan running at a group of young gobby cov fans who were giving it loads, never seen anybody shit themselves so much!

Changeyourface

What about the families or average Joe at the games?

If they want to do it then do it in a field away from the public, I guess 95% don't want to do it they just want to talk about it or act hard.

As Sw88 says, whenever I walk by the Tunnel to Tesco there are so many fans who gob off then leg it and just look stupid.

I remember a Millwall fan running at a group of young gobby cov fans who were giving it loads, never seen anybody shit themselves so much!

True but if you take your kid to the football you have to expect it, like some guy had a go at me for swearing in front of his kid at Albion away a few years back! Told him he was watching the wrong sport if he didn't want to hear that sort of language. True though the majority now days are just kids in lacoste tracksuits thinking there in green street, now they are annoying as fuck! But every team has got them I guess, they'll always be there.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Yh ive seen summit similar before ( and may have read it on here about Millwall. Def heard it somewhere). Annoys me that people like this can be associated with our club, but it is great when the bigger boys show them how its done (shame it dont shut the little shites up though). Its times like this (should it kick off) i wish the police had more power to use force! Might be a way of teaching the offenders a lesson.

Nick

Administrator
True but if you take your kid to the football you have to expect it, like some guy had a go at me for swearing in front of his kid at Albion away a few years back! Told him he was watching the wrong sport if he didn't want to hear that sort of language. True though the majority now days are just kids in lacoste tracksuits thinking there in green street, now they are annoying as fuck! But every team has got them I guess, they'll always be there.

Are you the dick who sits in the CET who constantly stands up, shouts as many swear words as possible and then sits down again for the sake of it? I don't mind swearing as much, I sometimes swear to myself out of frustration or happiness. It is when people make a point of standing up and shouting swear words for the sake of it, it doesn't bother me at all, it just makes them look like a tool!

I have no problem with seeing people fighting but I don't want to see it when I go to the football. If you are so eager to go and have a fight then meet up in a field or an empty car park and go at it, or would there be no stewards or police there? fighting (or trying to) is too far at the football where there are kids and OAPs.

Anybody remember the Preston Coach a few years ago when the cov fans gave it loads and 2 old boys got off and they all legged it?

Nick

Administrator
Yh ive seen summit similar before ( and may have read it on here about Millwall. Def heard it somewhere). Annoys me that people like this can be associated with our club, but it is great when the bigger boys show them how its done (shame it dont shut the little shites up though). Its times like this (should it kick off) i wish the police had more power to use force! Might be a way of teaching the offenders a lesson.

Yep, it was Millwall where all the chavvy little shits were giving it loads to the away fans and a couple of Millwall fans got through somehow and ran at the chavs and they all legged it and hid behind police and stewards. I guess they could tell their mates they battered loads of Millwall fans though.

If you love the club so much, why would you want to get banned from going to see them by kicking off? If you want a fight then just go to Nuneaton on a Saturday night.

Macca

These days it is like a game of kiss chase anyway. It very rarely ends up in hand to hand fighting, and neither would I want it too. All that fuss about Earlsdon, completely overblown. Upsetting for those caught up in it but for any of the participants nothing for them to boast about. Lots of noise and chucking stuff and running about. See how they do it in Poland, now thats scrapping

Nick

Administrator
These days it is like a game of kiss chase anyway. It very rarely ends up in hand to hand fighting, and neither would I want it too. All that fuss about Earlsdon, completely overblown. Upsetting for those caught up in it but for any of the participants nothing for them to boast about. Lots of noise and chucking stuff and running about. See how they do it in Poland, now thats scrapping

I have seen them, in a field away from anybody kicking ten bells out of each other!

Changeyourface

Are you the dick who sits in the CET who constantly stands up, shouts as many swear words as possible and then sits down again for the sake of it? I don't mind swearing as much, I sometimes swear to myself out of frustration or happiness. It is when people make a point of standing up and shouting swear words for the sake of it, it doesn't bother me at all, it just makes them look like a tool!

I have no problem with seeing people fighting but I don't want to see it when I go to the football. If you are so eager to go and have a fight then meet up in a field or an empty car park and go at it, or would there be no stewards or police there? fighting (or trying to) is too far at the football where there are kids and OAPs.

Anybody remember the Preston Coach a few years ago when the cov fans gave it loads and 2 old boys got off and they all legged it?

No we missed a chance and i shouted "For fuck sake City" Bearing in mind we were losing 2-0 at the time, I don't think I was being unreasonable. Outside of football I make sure I never swear in front of children but like I say at football you expect it. Same with fighting, you might not like it, but it always has and probably always will be a part of football.

Nonleagueherewecome

He might just have Tourettes!

No we missed a chance and i shouted "For feck sake City" Bearing in mind we were losing 2-0 at the time, I don't think I was being unreasonable. Outside of football I make sure I never swear in front of children but like I say at football you expect it. Same with fighting, you might not like it, but it always has and probably always will be a part of football.
so because your at a football match its ok to swear in front of kids? TWAT

Yes but to think its ok just cos your at a match is ridiculous. Even more so if you admit you dont do it away from the games.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I remember when I was first given the parents approval to swear at a football match. The first word I was alowd to use was "Crap". Oh how that came in handy as I was watching City :) Now a days, I must admit, language is a bit more blue at the matches! And I do agree, the majority of fans use it. Its not a good thing I admit, but its become to be part of the game.

On a note about swearing, fans may want to listen out for Murphy's vocab when talking to his defence! Now that is a very blue vocab he has! And he doesnt exactly whisper it (probably will be drowned out tomorrow, or atleast heres hoping it is. Otherwise we'll have alot of JSB's going home telling their mums the new words they learnt from Cov's new GK (not that im suggesting their mothers wont be at the game. Just talking hyperthetically, incase anyone thinks im being sexist by suggesting the mums will be at home :p)

Yes but to think its ok just cos your at a match is ridiculous. Even more so if you admit you dont do it away from the games.
Ah i didn't really look over the guys post. I see what you're saying that he makes sure he doesnt outside of football but thinks its ok at a match. Still, should the kid really be at albion away if he cant be hearing a few naughty words?

Macca

I think the language and behaviour at football has vastly improved since i was a lad in the 80 s when it was sadly still deemed acceptable to call players black cunits. I think the fact was that yes i heard the language but my dad told me in no uncertain terms that i wasnt to use it

Users who are viewing this thread