Hull Ratings (1 Viewer)

Greggs

Wilson 6. One save to make all game
Dabo 6. Signs of old Dabo, but caught ball watching/out of position a few times
Doyle 6. Started slowly but grew into the match.
Fadz 6. Worst game in about 3 years.
McNally 7. Solid
Bidwell. 6 Standard 6, solid defensively - poor going forward.
Eccles. 7. Broke up play and won a few tasty tackles.
Hamer 7. Carried us first half, less effecive when we lost our shape 2nd half.
Howley 5. Poor, not mobile enough to be a number 10.
Godden 6. Shite apart from his goal
Gyokores 6. Shite apart from his assist.

Can't be arsed to do subs, getting bored now. All average.

ProfessorbyGrace

Maybe there’s been an outbreak of the shits within the team again.

rob9872

I thought Howley was good first half just didn't get going again after the break. Eccles best game in a City shirt, him and Hamer pick of the bunch, nobody poor but rest average.

olderskyblue

Hamer brilliant 1st half, poor 2nd. Weird

SBT

Wilson 7 Hard to fault him today, distribution generally improved

Dabo 7 Signs of the old Dabo continue, but grew tired
McNally 7 Looks comfortable in a back 3 or 4
McFadzean 6 Not his best game, passing a bit haywire
Doyle 6 Some nice long balls but a few scatterbrain moments too
Bidwell 6 Below par today

Hamer 7 Shocking performance…but enough about Tom Grennan. MOTM first half, faded in second
Eccles 7 MOTM Final pass often lacking but he put himself about and doesn’t look out of place
Howley 6 Should have had a penalty. Got a bit of an education from Seri but he didn’t shy away

Gyokeres 7 Very quiet, especially at LW, but classic driving run created the goal
Godden 7 Worked very hard defensively, took one good chance and fluffed another

Norton-Cuffy 6 Decent going forward but horribly exposed once he moved to RB
Maguire 6 An example of the type of AM we sorely need but didn’t do much
Burroughs 7 Enjoyably quick and direct
Wilson-Esbrand 6 I don’t think he’ll play in the Champions League again

Very odd game, both goals seemed to come against the run of play, and both teams clearly want to play good football but lack a true creator up top. We really should have put them away at the end of the first half, but we looked very shaky when we went to a back four, especially at the end with so many youngsters on the pitch. Also the ref can fuck off for only seven total minutes of stoppage time.

nmp2327

What is the use of Norton -Cuffy,, can't defend can't attack, first touch woeful. Total waste of a loan and presumably the contract must say he has to play some part in a number of games just so much weaker when he is in the team

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Weirdly was nowhere near as convinced by Eccles as many (if not all) on here. Work rate was great but passing was poor and his best contribution was making up for a terrible mistake. Overly commits too much. Hamer was unreal first half, not as good second half. Was a pretty good performance all round, Hull a fairly tidy side, disappointing not to get 3 points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve101

Wilson 6
Dabo 7
McNally 8
McFadzean 7
Doyle 6
Bidwell 6
Eccles 8 motm
Hamer 7.5
Howley 5
Godden 7
Gyokeres 6.5

Burroughs 6
Norton-Cuffy 6
Wilson-Esbrand 6
Maguire 6.5

ptr

Weirdly was nowhere near as convinced by Eccles as many (if not all) on here. Work rate was great but passing was poor and his best contribution was making up for a terrible mistake. Overly commits too much. Hamer was unreal first half, not as good second half. Was a pretty good performance all round, Hull a fairly tidy side, disappointing not to get 3 points

Mate, he was decent. Will be some player for us in a couple years. Due a goal now.

stupot07

Wilson 6
Dabo 7.5
McNally 7
McFadzean 6
Doyle 6
Bidwell 6
Hamer 7.5
Eccles 8 - MOTM
Howley 5
Viktor 6
Godden 6

Subs
Cuffy 6
Maguire 6
Wilson-Esbrand 6
Burroughs 6

Re: Hamer it would be interesting to see his running stats, I thought he probably chased a few too many balls today in the first half which meant his energy levels weren't quite right in the second half.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The Philosopher

What is the use of Norton -Cuffy,, can't defend can't attack, first touch woeful. Total waste of a loan and presumably the contract must say he has to play some part in a number of games just so much weaker when he is in the team
I’ve had the same thoughts as you but he is weirdly effective. He might look and run like he’s been designed on a ZX Spectrum but he does somehow manage.

Many times he looks like he’s lost control of the ball and at the last second he manages to retain it. He collects the ball, appears to not have it under his control, but one huge stride and a shoulder barge later he’s got it again, flicks it off a defender to win a corner. Time and again. Bizarre. Or he cuts inside and puts a totally unplayable ball into the box. Opposition defenders don’t know what’s going on, unfortunately neither do our attackers, or Norton-Cuffy for that matter.

He might yet come good. It’ll surprise many. Including him. Maybe.

stupot07

It's like his brain is too slow for his body. He did a couple of good things then just goes into dopey mode, let's the ball bounce or doesn't spot a runner, or plays the wrong pass.

Gibbo

Wilson 6. One save to make all game
Dabo 6. Signs of old Dabo, but caught ball watching/out of position a few times
Doyle 6. Started slowly but grew into the match.
Fadz 6. Worst game in about 3 years.
McNally 7. Solid
Bidwell. 6 Standard 6, solid defensively - poor going forward.
Eccles. 7. Broke up play and won a few tasty tackles.
Hamer 7. Carried us first half, less effecive when we lost our shape 2nd half.
Howley 5. Poor, not mobile enough to be a number 10.
Godden 6. Shite apart from his goal
Gyokores 6. Shite apart from his assist.

Can't be arsed to do subs, getting bored now. All average.
Right on the mark, to which I would add

1., The two wing back substitions added something.
2. I gave Eccles MotM for his tackles and distribution
3. As you say, Hamer faded.otherwise he would have been MotM
4. I noticed both Howley and Burroughs lacked the speed of recovery after possession was lost. Not ready yet
5. Maguire would have been a better selection than Howley - marginally
6. Missed the creative spark offered by O'Hare and Palmer

Hobo

Wilson 7 Hard to fault him today, distribution generally improved

Dabo 7 Signs of the old Dabo continue, but grew tired
McNally 7 Looks comfortable in a back 3 or 4
McFadzean 6 Not his best game, passing a bit haywire
Doyle 6 Some nice long balls but a few scatterbrain moments too
Bidwell 6 Below par today

Hamer 7 Shocking performance…but enough about Tom Grennan. MOTM first half, faded in second
Eccles 7 MOTM Final pass often lacking but he put himself about and doesn’t look out of place
Howley 6 Should have had a penalty. Got a bit of an education from Seri but he didn’t shy away

Gyokeres 7 Very quiet, especially at LW, but classic driving run created the goal
Godden 7 Worked very hard defensively, took one good chance and fluffed another

Norton-Cuffy 6 Decent going forward but horribly exposed once he moved to RB
Maguire 6 An example of the type of AM we sorely need but didn’t do much
Burroughs 7 Enjoyably quick and direct
Wilson-Esbrand 6 I don’t think he’ll play in the Champions League again

Very odd game, both goals seemed to come against the run of play, and both teams clearly want to play good football but lack a true creator up top. We really should have put them away at the end of the first half, but we looked very shaky when we went to a back four, especially at the end with so many youngsters on the pitch. Also the ref can fuck off for only seven total minutes of stoppage time.

Too much wacky baccy in the park?

Hertsccfc

Wilson 6
Dabo 7.5
McNally 7
McFadzean 6
Doyle 6
Bidwell 6
Hamer 7.5
Eccles 8 - MOTM
Howley 5
Viktor 6
Godden 6

Subs
Cuffy 6
Maguire 6
Wilson-Esbrand 6
Burroughs 6

Re: Hamer it would be interesting to see his running stats, I thought he probably chased a few too many balls today in the first half which meant his energy levels weren't quite right in the second half.

Must admit I don't normally agree with your markings but I think these are spot on.

Hertsccfc

How is Norton Cuffy being criticised? I know neither he nor Wilson- Esbrand did absolutely nothing to prevent the goal but seriously how can you pick them out negatively today?

Hertsccfc

Great range of passing, tackles and constantly covering for defenders, what more do you want?

Great to see Eccles, Burroughs and Howley coming through. All have the ability to be really good players for us.

nmp2327

How is Norton Cuffy being criticised? I know neither he nor Wilson- Esbrand did absolutely nothing to prevent the goal but seriously how can you pick them out negatively today?
That's because neither were on the park when Hull scored. Norton-Cuffy offers absolutely nothing

slowpoke

Thought we were decent but lacked a killer punch, lots of crosses, lots of corners but they were either too short or down their keepers throat for him to catch nothing even looked like creating a chance let alone a goal.
We don’t shoot enough.
But we got a point when I thought it might become one of those frustrating days.

shmmeee

Wilson - 6
McNally - 7
Fadz - 7
Doyle - 6
Dabo - 8
Hamer - 6
Eccles - 6
Howley - 5
Bidwel - 6
Vik - 6
Godden - 6