Idiots (1 Viewer)

Irish Sky Blue

I'm not saying the Trust were on the pitch throwing smoke bombs or anything.

My only point was that in the statements instead of saying that they dont excuse it and then pretty much trying their best to justify it just have a bit of leadership. Say how damaging games isn't fair and isn't going to achieve anything. The trust could even say that this paints them in a bad light and could make their job harder. Just a calming statement, I know that it wont fix everything and not everybody will listen but how does a "we dont condone it" with more lines trying to get everybody angry again help?

It's like saying "We dont agree with you punching that man, we dont even excuse it. He was shagging your wife though, he did also say he was going to knock you out, he even drank your beer, hes even been taking your kids swimming on a Thursday. Dont punch him though"

It's like with the whistles, can't say everybody blow a whistle one week and get everybody wound up and then distance from it the next.

You keep using phrases such as "getting everyone wound up". You never give people credit for making up their own minds. It is as if we have zombie fans ( as well as a virtually zombie club) who will simply follow the latest edict from the Trust. Do you really think that people are angry because of what the Trust says? Don't you think that people who follow this club are switched on enough to see and make up their own mind about what is going on? It is Fisher and Sisu who wind people up, who lead to the total frustration that everyone feels and that ultimately leads to events like Saturday's. Having been at Northampton on Saturday and seen some of those involved I doubt very much that they would listen to or be influenced by the Trust or by the FTJHW group. I think that they are probably following theirr own agenda.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

You keep using phrases such as "getting everyone wound up". You never give people credit for making up their own minds. It is as if we have zombie fans ( as well as a virtually zombie club) who will simply follow the latest edict from the Trust. Do you really think that people are angry because of what the Trust says? Don't you think that people who follow this club are switched on enough to see and make up their own mind about what is going on? It is Fisher and Sisu who wind people up, who lead to the total frustration that everyone feels and that ultimately leads to events like Saturday's. Having been at Northampton on Saturday and seen some of those involved I doubt very much that they would listen to or be influenced by the Trust or by the FTJHW group. I think that they are probably following theirr own agenda.

The young lad in front of me who launched a smoke bomb claimed it was under order of the Sky Blue Trust to get the game called off - that and the fact he had had 8 pints

Nick

Administrator

Do you think people do make up their own minds? I'd say an awful lot look for leadership and guidance. (Thats not saying its their fault).

cloughie

Do you think people do make up their own minds? I'd say an awful lot look for leadership and guidance. (Thats not saying its their fault).
So you obviously think people ,other than yourself, cannot make their own minds up. FFS

Nick

Administrator
So you obviously think people ,other than yourself, cannot make their own minds up. FFS

No, a lot of people can.

A lot of people will also listen to things on social media and just be led by that.

It isnt an everybody or nobody.

Christ, Ive seen people asking others if they should go to games or not, I've seen people gloating about other people posting something completely untrue about it being the truth and how it has shown other people.

Look at how many people hang off every word Juggy says as a source of facts and truths.

Nick

Administrator
If it was I'm sorry but I've lost most of my sense of humour lately saying that some of our games lately do make me laugh

I can just imagine it though "The trust made me".

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
You're priceless.

Really? So people don't follow people like Juggy and jump on even if it isn't the truth?

Christ, he tweeted about SISUs accounts thinking it was CCFC's and people were giving it the "right as always juggy".

But ok, nobody is influenced at all by anything.

skybluetony176

Really? So people don't follow people like Juggy and jump on even if it isn't the truth?

Christ, he tweeted about SISUs accounts thinking it was CCFC's and people were giving it the "right as always juggy".

But ok, nobody is influenced at all by anything.

Grendull said he talks a lot of sense the other week. You're probably better off asking him.

Nick

Administrator
Disproved. As the majority of fans completely ignore what you and the rest of the doing it the Neville Chamberlain way protest group say.

OK, it's completely made up and nobody is at all influenced by others on things like social media etc.

Best tell PR companies they are out of jobs as well.

Irish Sky Blue

I think most people make up their own minds. You would have to be pretty weak willed not to think for yourself and blindly follow someone telling you to do something.

skybluetony176

OK, it's completely made up and nobody is at all influenced by others on things like social media etc.

Best tell PR companies they are out of jobs as well.

So you're saying nobody who supports the club know how bad things are at the club unless the trust or Juggy tells them? Grow up FFS Nick.

Nick

Administrator
So you're saying nobody who supports the club know how bad things are at the club unless the trust or Juggy tells them? Grow up FFS Nick.

No, I am saying that some people can be influenced and at least do with a bit of leadership and guidance.

Does that go for everybody? Of course not, but let's not be naive about things.

Wheelfass

Do you think people make up their own minds? I'd say an awful lot look for leadership and guidance.

People can think for themselves you know.
For instance.......I've made up my own mind about you and I'm neither influenced by you or by your site on social media. I have made my own opinions of you and what you stand for!!

Last edited:

rupert_bear

Rubbish Nick.
Those on the pitch Saturday needed no leadership to do that, I know some of them or should I say know of them, my betting is it was decided on the day probably over a few beers someone got hold of a load of flares and bingo, impromptu and off the cuff. I think it was a rash ill thought out act to be honest. But they knew they would be identified, knew they would get arrested, probably charged and at the very least receive banning orders but still went ahead, that's a worry, how many other groups of mates or individuals out there with similar thoughts ? As said they have been nicked and I'm certain be charged but that possibly puts the next group or individual underground so to speak. Saturdays antics I am sure will be repeated in some form of off the cuff spontaneous action probably and the pack mentallity kicks in if things aren't not going to plan in the semi final or even at Wembley should we get there. I'm in my 60s now and just sit back and observe . Would I have been more radicle in my 20s or 30s ? maybe, not sure to be honest, been on plenty of picket lines in time gone by including the famous anti Vietnam war Grosvenor Square battle in 1968. As a young impressionable young buck you think differently.

Last edited:

tommydazzle

Just to mention that on my local news Look East (bizarrely Northampton counts as East Anglia) the protests did get some coverage in the sports round up. It seems that whether we support it or not (and I'm undecided on the best way) that disruption gets reported and the issue some airtime - and Look East did report that it was a protest against the owners and also showed the SISU out banners in the crowd rather than just report it as crowd trouble.

Good evening gentlemen. I have the utmost sympathy for your predicament, and the situation that you find yourselves in. We ourselves, came very close to going out of business 14 months ago. But, we never resorted to what I witnessed today. What you have achieved with, ripping down hoardings, smoke bombs, pitch invasions, and disruption of play, is counter productive. You will lose the support of other fans with these antics. And that will not benefit you at all.
I recall Charlton fans lobbing tennis balls on the pitch recently, it was a peaceful disruption. And I dont think that it alienated them too much with other football fans.
By all means, keep up the protest. but dont keep invading the pitch. If it was an attempt to get the game abandoned, it quite simply didnt work.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

CCFC season ticket holder's and match day tickets sales , corporate sales and merchandise sales put money into the Club , so any fines will be paid by the FANS and not SISU .
So there you have it Nick , you say NOPM doesn't work , it's works for SISU every penny the fans put in means NOPM for SISU to pay out .
Can you translate?
No I am just confused because I am saying CCFC pay the fines and not SISU, which is what you are saying also.

What am I engaging with, you agreeing?
Isn't' that exactly the point Nick has been making?
Ok Nick you want me to translate, it's quite simple really, you say NOPM doesn't work well it does work for SISU because they have gone on record and said CCFC has to be self - financing and break even ( Tim Fisher's quote ) so for every pound the fans put into CCFC that's money SISU don't have put into the running of the club, ie wages or fines ect. SO FOR SISU NOPM WORKS FOR THEM !!!

Grendel

Ok Nick you want me to translate, it's quite simple really, you say NOPM doesn't work well it does work for SISU because they have gone on record and said CCFC has to be self - financing and break even ( Tim Fisher's quote ) so for every pound the fans put into CCFC that's money SISU don't have put into the running of the club, ie wages or fines ect. SO FOR SISU NOPM WORKS FOR THEM !!!

No they just reduce the running costs of the club to balance cash flow. This is a fan ownership style of self sufficiency that some fans crave for.

Astute

No they just reduce the running costs of the club to balance cash flow. This is a fan ownership style of self sufficiency that some fans crave for.
You what?

They don't care about our club or us in the slightest. Fan ownership?

They are giving less of the income each season. It was only last season that they promised TM 60% of all income including transfer fees received. It didn't happen. Yet it is down to us? You are getting more like Fisher every day.

robbiekeane

You what?

They don't care about our club or us in the slightest. Fan ownership?

They are giving less of the income each season. It was only last season that they promised TM 60% of all income including transfer fees received. It didn't happen. Yet it is down to us? You are getting more like Fisher every day.
Are you stupid?

He said it's the fan ownership style of self sufficiency that some fans crave.

I.e. if we were fan owned we would have to break even (unless we are all secretly millionaires), and that is exactly what sisu are doing.

So covkids post is bullshit because it doesn't force SISU into funding anything became they will simply cut the budget. Rinse and repeat

Astute

Are you stupid?

He said it's the fan ownership style of self sufficiency that some fans crave.

I.e. if we were fan owned we would have to break even (unless we are all secretly millionaires), and that is exactly what sisu are doing.

So covkids post is bullshit because it doesn't force SISU into funding anything became they will simply cut the budget. Rinse and repeat
Are you stupid?

Do you think that they are going to reinvest the transfer fees that they are about to receive like they didn't reinvest last season? There has been a 20m bid for Wilson. Do you think that they would reinvest the windfall if he is sold?

robbiekeane

Are you stupid?

Do you think that they are going to reinvest the transfer fees that they are about to receive like they didn't reinvest last season? There has been a 20m bid for Wilson. Do you think that they would reinvest the windfall if he is sold?
Can we just stop using the word invest/reinvest when we just mean spend? As obviously they're never going to get a return on any of the money or they and if they did everyone would cry.

So do I think they will spend the money on the squad? No unless we've covered our costs, no. If we've broken even for the year after the sales then I'd hesitate a guess at maybe spending half of it and putting the rest toward next years running costs or a bit of back pay.

Not that that was what the initial topic was though...wasn't it around whether nopm works?

Astute

Can we just stop using the word invest/reinvest when we just mean spend? As obviously they're never going to get a return on any of the money or they and if they did everyone would cry.

So do I think they will spend the money on the squad? No unless we've covered our costs, no. If we've broken even for the year after the sales then I'd hesitate a guess at maybe spending half of it and putting the rest toward next years running costs or a bit of back pay.

Not that that was what the initial topic was though...wasn't it around whether nopm works?
1, It would be reinvesting.
2, If they turned things around and we started winning, gates would go up. If we got promotions a lot more money would come into our club. This money would be theirs. If this was to happen we would all be happy. But they are selling what they can. Ryton looks like being sold soon. So yes we have the right to be pissed off.
3, A bit of payback? For badly running our club?
4, It was you that mentioned it first. I replied to your post.

robbiekeane

1, It would be reinvesting.
2, If they turned things around and we started winning, gates would go up. If we got promotions a lot more money would come into our club. This money would be theirs. If this was to happen we would all be happy. But they are selling what they can. Ryton looks like being sold soon. So yes we have the right to be pissed off.
3, A bit of payback? For badly running our club?
4, It was you that mentioned it first. I replied to your post.
I can't really follow your numbering system

blueflint

can only say that a full boycott is the only answer but too many will still turn up and support our owners .every penny you pay is a penny they dont have too simples

Nick

Administrator
can only say that a full boycott is the only answer but too many will still turn up and support our owners .every penny you pay is a penny they dont have too simples

Who is going to games to support SISU and not CCFC?

More bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread