Idiots (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
No thanks. I've tried. Einstein said the definition of stupidity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It's in your head now that there is an actual as opposed to convenient distinction between our erstwhile owners and our finances, so carry on. You cling to that.
You haven't tried to explain how it will be coming out of sisus pocket and not ccfcs have you?

skybluetony176

It isn't the cornerstone of my argument. I thought the aim was to get notice? Surely that notice should have people thinking about sisu and not our fans.

How do you think yesterday will save our club?

But all our fan protests are based around SISU out. The fan's get noticed SISU get noticed. I've not yet heard or read anything about our fans protesting without a back story of SISU. It's working then isn't it? You didn't explain the importance of other clubs fans sympathy to our cause either. You've mentioned it enough times. I assumed you'd have some reasoning for it.

Yesterday will keep our situation in the public domain. Will it save our club? No idea, I don't have a crystal ball. Here's what I do know. Following your lead will not save our club and if we do go no one will have noticed. We need to make as much noise as possible and not give those who could kill our club a hiding place to do it under the radar.

ceetee

Does anybody think that when the Ref sent Willis off, when a Yellow would have been more appropriate, was influenced by the flares and was punishing the club rather than the player?

Nick

Administrator
But all our fan protests are based around SISU out. The fan's get noticed SISU get noticed. I've not yet heard or read anything about our fans protesting without a back story of SISU. It's working then isn't it? You didn't explain the importance of other clubs fans sympathy to our cause either. You've mentioned it enough times. I assumed you'd have some reasoning for it.

Yesterday will keep our situation in the public domain. Will it save our club? No idea, I don't have a crystal ball. Here's what I do know. Following your lead will not save our club and if we do go no one will have noticed. We need to make as much noise as possible and not give those who could kill our club a hiding place to do it under the radar.

It doesn't matter what's behind the protest if that gets lost amongst it happening.

You say it keeps it in the public domain but then saying about other people's sympathy and opinions not saving the club, make up your mind. If it pisses more and more other clubs off the impression in the public domain changes, it stops being supportive. It stops being a "sisu are bastards for things at ccfc" to "their fans are being dicks".

How is yesterday "not giving them a hiding place"?

bawtryneal

Do the people who post on here that think SISU don't take any profit from the club think that the money made from the Checkatrade cup run will stay in the club and help Slade (or whoever next Manager is) invest and strengthen the team.

Last edited:

joemercersaces

Or shall I have one last go?

Quite often a big company, like BT last week, have financial difficulties,like their share price collapse, caused by a hit taken by a subsidiary company, in that case abroad. Both that company and BT took the hit, bigger forBT because of damage to confidence in them. So, with a 50k fine both CCFC and it's owner take the hit in just the same way. One of Sisu's companies loses money, Sisu lose money and that affects their reputation, particularly when they are all about investing other people's money.

Nick

Administrator
Or shall I have one last go?

Quite often a big company, like BT last week, have financial difficulties,like their share price collapse, caused by a hit taken by a subsidiary company, in that case abroad. Both that company and BT took the hit, bigger forBT because of damage to confidence in them. So, with a 50k fine both CCFC and it's owner take the hit in just the same way. One of Sisu's companies loses money, Sisu lose money and that affects their reputation, particularly when they are all about investing other people's money.

So this money, what's done to recover it? If ccfc pay the fine, how do sisu lose money?

It's completely different to share prices.

joemercersaces

Do the people who post on here that think SISU don't take any profit from the club think that the money made from the Checkatrade cup run will stay in the club and help Slade (or wherever next Manager is) invest and strengthen the team.

Nick would probably say absolutely because it would be CCFCs money and not SISU's. As they are completely separate he'd ask people to explain how Sisu could pocket money paid into the clubs account.

eastwoodsdustman

So this money, what's done to recover it? If ccfc pay the fine, how do sisu lose money?

It's completely different to share prices.
Unless the club are not in a financial position to pay the fine then i doubt very much it would even register with sisu.

Nick

Administrator
Nick would probably say absolutely because it would be CCFCs money and not SISU's. As they are completely separate he'd ask people to explain how Sisu could pocket money paid into the clubs account.

There are plenty of ways, they could just take the interest rather than it accruing.

That still doesn't explain how a pound going to ccfc instantly makes it sisu's does it?

martcov

They cut even more costs for next season.

Who said anything about going into admin owing the fl money?

Sisu won't be paying fines. Ccfc will.

Yes, I thought SISU, that's Joy, has made it very clear that she is putting no more money in. In that case the money can only come from CCFC. Less money = crappy players = demise of CCFC = years of break even in the bottom half of League II. Does Joy give a fxxk? Doubt it.

skybluetony176

It doesn't matter what's behind the protest if that gets lost amongst it happening.

You say it keeps it in the public domain but then saying about other people's sympathy and opinions not saving the club, make up your mind.

How is yesterday "not giving them a hiding place"?

If the back story come's out everytime how can it get lost. It's out there.

Sympathy isn't going to save the club, awareness is. It makes it difficult for the details to remain hidden and allow a deaf one to be copped.

Are you really so dumb that you can't see the importance awareness or are you just after promoting an argument for click bate? You know. Simon Gilbert style. Were you two separated at birth?

Nick

Administrator
Yes, I thought SISU, that's Joy, has made it very clear that she is putting no more money in. In that case the money can only come from CCFC. Less money = crappy players = demise of CCFC = years of break even in the bottom half of League II. Does Joy give a fxxk? Doubt it.

Exactly! 50k for example for a fine will be from ccfc. So that 50k will be made up somewhere else.

She won't be paying it, if she was I'd have a different opinion on it.

rupert_bear

Does anybody think that when the Ref sent Willis off, when a Yellow would have been more appropriate, was influenced by the flares and was punishing the club rather than the player?
No not at all, Willis tackle put himself in the referees firing line. It's okay Slade and others saying it was harsh having seen it a dozen times but on first viewing at match speed the only view the ref had l can't argue with the decision to be honest.

skybluebeduff

Isn't this what SISU has done the past 9 years regardless of fans? Less money = crappy players = demise of CCFC all whilst Joy has given no fucks whilst she done this?

SkyBlueRuffian

It's certainly looking like it is heading that way.
I can see a player or official getting struck if we keep invading
We've done the pitch invasion.

What good will come of more pitch invasions other than pissing rival fans and clubs off and costing the team points?

We did the walk on protest, it worked. Now need alternative strategies.
who gives a flying duck what other teams supporters think, it's got nothing to do with them. This is about our club and the crooks that run it. As for a points deduction, like it really matters anymore.

What alternative strategies do you have in mind?

ceetee

The reason why SISU are still around is that selling at a loss would then reveal to their investors how poor their investment in CCFC was, and how poorly SISU had managed that investment.
As long as SISU "own" the club that poor performance may not be apparent to their investors, who may not even know that their money is invested in CCFC. People with that sort of money may have brokers investing on their behalf.
So I'm not entirely sure that bringing our situation to a wider audience will actually embarrass SISU. Somehow we need to geta message to their investors but I don't know how to do it.

Warwickhunt

The reason why SISU are still around is that selling at a loss would then reveal to their investors how poor their investment in CCFC was, and how poorly SISU had managed that investment.
As long as SISU "own" the club that poor performance may not be apparent to their investors, who may not even know that their money is invested in CCFC. People with that sort of money may have brokers investing on their behalf.
So I'm not entirely sure that bringing our situation to a wider audience will actually embarrass SISU. Somehow we need to geta message to their investors but I don't know how to do it.
Probably pension funds

ceetee

No not at all, Willis tackle put himself in the referees firing line. It's okay Slade and others saying it was harsh having seen it a dozen times but on first viewing at match speed the only view the ref had l can't argue with the decision to be honest.
I didn't immediately think that myself. Whether it was truly a yellow or red is not really the point; it was a stupid tackle, but I did later wonder if the ref was influenced a bit.

...and on the subject of stupid tackle (if I'm allowed to talk football) twice, not long after that, Haynes tackled with his feet in the air, but luckily got nowhere near making contact.

Mcbean

Not even a one line in the Daily Telegraph sports section 0-1 - might have been on Sky but no important people are watching it

skybluetony176

On the contrary. I think you've just inadvertently explained how it could get a message to their investors. We have no idea who their investors are or which brokers are using them. Awareness through the media is possibly and likely to be the only chance we have of reaching them. Say you're an investor or broker considering SISU and you want to do some research online before handing them your money. Try googling SISU without CCFC coming up. Now if all those stories talk about mismanagement, failed court action, an ability to piss of everyone that you need to be dealing with etc. etc. how is that a good advert for SISU? Would you hand over your hard earned cash over to someone with those references?

I think it will be naive to assume that they're not bothered by the attention. Look at how quickly TF came out of the woodwork.

tisza

CCFC will foot the bill for any fines - not SISU. With no new money coming in from the owners then any costs will be met by the football club either reduced playing budget or player sales.

These pitch protests have to stop during the playing time of the match.
How can a struggling side with a lot of young players concentrate on the football if they are having to keep one eye on the stands wondering where the next pitch invasion is coming from and on what scale?

clint van damme

I have genuine sympathy for the position you find yourselves in. I respect your right to protest, even if it disrupts the game, even it leads to a complete abandonment of the game. The situation is clearly desperate and the stakes are being raised. I don't know the exact goings on at your club but get the idea that someone is putting it's future at risk and I don't blame any of you for fighting hard against that. We had a bad owner very recently. We started to fight a bit, but ultimately we were very lucky that he left quickly with the law on his tail. No short memories here, I feel your pain.

Before today, the over whelming majority of reasonable minded Cobblers fans were sympathetic and many would have supported an organised protest of some kind if asked to as well. However, after today the majority of that support has shifted.

The trouble is that what happened today did not feel like a protest in the end. The flares being thrown initially, to chants of We Want Sisu Out I got. But then two lads who run onto the pitch and approach the ref and various players, clearly threatening violence, shortly after a red card has been given seems to have nothing to do with a protest. It was just thuggery.

Further pitch invaders again approached home areas with aggression and gestures stereotypically associated with football hooligans. How is that a protest? How does that support your cause?

An announcement is then made that if any more flares or pitch invasions happen the game will be abandoned. Order is then restored completely for the rest of the first half and the start of the second. Then the first goal goes in and suddenly flares rain onto the pitch as do supporters. Again, this had nothing to do with a protest and everything to do with trying to force the promised abandonment of a game you were now losing.

Trying to dress these acts up as a desperate protest just completely undermines your cause, and all efforts to gain positive publicity and garner support for it. If you want to get these people out, you need to be heard but you also need to win the argument.

I wish you every success in beating them. I genuinely do. We spoke with a number of Cov fans at the cup game last year and as with all clubs the majority are just sound, ordinary people and were very sympathetic to our plight then.

A successful campaign will need to unite and involve all of those decent, ordinary people and violence and intimidation will just alienate both your own fanbase and the rest of the football family.

For what it is worth, I think a complete boycott would be the best option. If literally nobody goes for half a dozen games they'll have to give in. Sadly it seems most football fans do not have the stomach for this though.

you know fuck all and should be more concerned about your supporters throwing bottles at families you prick.

rupert_bear

As said earlier to get some sort of movement from sisu we have to somehow get into the sisu business model, that has the potential to cost their business money, real money and further business. Getting our club a 50k fine for example and/or a point deduction, won't affect Joy Sepalla sweet F/A might not even know about it. I'm sure it can be done but need people in those circles to guide how to do it.

skybluejelly

I see some of the pitch invaders from yesterday ,have started a just giving page to help them pay there fines ... I hope you all give generously.........:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

but their investors will be seeing their name in the media everytime incidents like yesterday happen. That's bad publicity for sisu. They know there could be a potential investor watching those scenes thinking hold on a minute I'm not sure about this.
They won't like the bad publicity it's bringing.

NortonSkyBlue

I am keen to see what Fishers reaction is to yesterdays events. I expect it will be either silence or a radio interview saying "This is the type of people we are dealing with"

Users who are viewing this thread